• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.97
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2657451/Daughters-heartbreak-learning-Taliban-leader-responsible-dads-death-9-freed-exchange-Bowe-Bergdahl.html

The daughter of the first American soldier killed in the war in Afghanistan has shared her heartbreak at learning that his killer - a Taliban leader - was freed by the U.S in exchange for Bowe Bergdahl.

Alison Spann was just nine when her father, CIA operative Johnny Micheal Spann, was killed during a prisoner uprising at a compound where he was interrogating Taliban fighters on November 25, 2001.

Mullah Mohammad Fazl, the leader of the prisoners at the compound, ended up in Guantanamo Bay - until two weeks ago when he and four others were switched for U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl.

'My initial reaction was shock,' Spann told Fox. 'I was shocked that our president would release five of the most high-risk prisoners being held in Guantanamo in exchange for one American.

'As a whole, my family was extremely upset and saddened that our government would do something like this, especially in light of the fact that it seems that people in the intelligence community are fairly united in their belief that these terrorists are likely to seek to further harm Americans in the future.'

She said she still cannot understand why the county that her father fought for would release the man responsible for his death.

'I do not believe that it was the right move by the administration,' she added. 'You cannot release someone of such a high caliber within the Taliban community and expect him to suddenly emerge as a peaceful being.'

Her father, who had served in the Marines for eight years before he joined the CIA, was 32 when he died at the Qala-i-Jangi compound near Mazari Sharit in northern Afghanistan early in the war.