IGNORED

Adult son

Guest LoriM

I am at my wits end about how to help my Christian adult son who is scared to leave his home and get work.

This came about after his being in jail for DUIL - he is clean now and has not had a drink for about a year.

My husband, his step father is upset and I cannot talk w/him about this.

We cannot support him and have helped him all we can. I pray for his mental and physical health every day. He was physically ill and had to go to the hosptial 3 times this year w/a stomach ailment caused by medicines for pain when he broke his foot.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

We will be praying for your boy.....

Guest least of these
I am at my wits end about how to help my Christian adult son who is scared to leave his home and get work.

This came about after his being in jail for DUIL - he is clean now and has not had a drink for about a year.

My husband, his step father is upset and I cannot talk w/him about this.

We cannot support him and have helped him all we can.  I pray for his mental and physical health every day.  He was physically ill and had to go to the hosptial 3 times this year w/a stomach ailment caused by medicines for pain when he broke his foot.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lori,

is your son getting any fellowship from other believers? Is he spending time in the Word? have you talked to him about his fears? is there someone you trust, that he may feel safe with, that can talk with him about this? Is he getting any support for his sobriety? i'm sorry for all these ? but its hard to give advise w/o more info. how long was he drinking for? could it be that he was self medicating for anxiety?

lots of questions, but no answers, yet. The Lord does have the answer, though, He knows alll the answers and wants to give you wisdom, trust Him for it. James 1:5-8, keep lookin up, LOT

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear LoriM,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

It seems like your adult son needs some impetus to start his life moving again. If there are no physical or mental issues that would prevent your adult (over 18) son from getting a job or getting higher education, I would suggest you have a serious talk with him about his future, and how much longer you and your husband will be supporting him.

If there are physical or mental issues, I suggest you get professional help to over come these as soon as possible.

You will need to understand from him why he is so fearful.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog