• Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Congresswoman: We're Not Ready for Domestic Terrorism

Arlington VA

America is woefully unprepared to deal with domestic terrorism. Rep. Sue Myrick, a member of the House GOP leadership and chairwoman of the Republican Study Group told the Conservatie Political Action Conference.

There could be simultaneous attacks on numerious cities, hospitals, daycares, Federal buildings, hotels easy targets.

Not by bombs from the sky, but by a man with a suitcase walking into a building in many cities.

Can you imagine the American people running and driving to save their children. Civil Chaos! Would the stock market crash?

Tragically, she said. There are no plans . We have guidelines for hurricanes and tornadoes, but not for terrorism.

To read the rest of this article go to NewsMax.com.

I rewrote this article, it isn't word for word.

Snowdoove

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tarrier

Hello Snowdoove

Ha~  yet another topic on my mind.  Just today, in the headlines of one of our national newspapers, the opposition leader accused our current PM, John Howard, of sending our best military men to fight, leaving the country vulnerable to domestic terrorism.  

I often think of this.  Not just for our country, but for yours and England's.  I'd wager there's more Muslims in England than there are Christians (and I'm not talking about Muslims born and bred there, but moreso the migrants from a variety of other countries).  I often wonder how our countries would handle any 'bubbling volcanoes' left to erupt on our own soil, when the world, at large, is focused on another area of the world.  

Just some thoughts,

Blessings,

Tarrier

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:noidea: We are not  ready because some of us have been spoiled. I feel that it is getting closer. :???:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  698
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Greetings,

I read an article that told how many muslims live in the United States. It said that if 5% decided to act on their jihad, we would have 100,000 sucide bombers.

Another article warned - cities with a population of 10,000 or more, would be the cities the 100,00 sucide bombers would be in, blowing up themselves and those who live in these large cities.

It does give one something to think about.

People who live outside in the rurual areas may want to put together some medical supplies incase they need to help those who will survive these bombings.

May Peace Prevail! :inlove:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:taped: There was a terrorism article yesterday but the news was low keyed. This is first. :taped:

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Hey Tarrier, you must be an oz. I  caught that news on tele last night, and it's exactly what I spoke of in a different thread. I like your PM, but I think he had better think about his own backyard. We still remember what happened in Bali, here in NZ. bless ya brother eric.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

We are not being left behind by our military as 90,000 + National Guard and Reserves have been called up, and many more are on standby. They may not be as skilled as their active duty counterparts, but given a little time, they will be brought up to speed. We do need to be vigilent and watchfull of strange activities. Now I am going to be non-politically correct: we need to watch the Arab/Muslim communities too. I mean the FBI and other law-enforcement, as well as civilians living near those areas.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Tarrier, funny you mention that about the funding of the UN. That is one thing that gets my goat bigtime. 70% you say, that is astounding. We pay most of those guys paychecks, and they get to tell us what to do, and hem and haw, about inspectors and inspections that aren't working. Its the democrats that want the UN on our side, because they want to cover their own backsides come next election time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Now I am going to be non-politically correct: we need to watch the Arab/Muslim communities too. I mean the FBI and other law-enforcement, as well as civilians living near those areas.

Good! Now you'll get some more "politically incorrect" support.

I  have great  patience and longing for the salvation of Muslims...BUT, I'd rather go to "them" {which I have} and preach the gospel.

While some are fairly  benign, far too many are radical in their thinking.  I wish we could open our borders to all comers but it's no longer safe to do this.  Times have changed.  

They view us as an enemy and are far too hostile towards those who disagree with their religious beliefs.  

I realize that president Bush is attempting to work with them. It's a tough job and I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.   But I think it's time to make some serious changes.

I desire  goodwill among men of all stripes but now our own country is in peril.  

I once heard a terrorist being interviewed on television. He was very candid in mocking Americans. He snickered about  how EASY it is to attack - that we're so vulnerable. They practice urban warfare right here in America. It's easy for them to do.  

So, why do let these  people in? Go figure>

I heard today the FBI state that we are now in Code Orange - and a serious threat is imminent. What gives?