IGNORED

How would you describe the Holy Spirit?

gigman7

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; John 14:16

....if the comforter /counselor his in fact the HOLY SPIRIT ; why does Jesus not say so....

:thumbsup:

He

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26 (KJV)

Does

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. John 14:26 (NIV)

And My Question To You Is

Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased. Luke 3:21-22

Beloved, Why Don't You

"When the Counselor comes, the One I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father--He will testify about Me. John 15:26 (HCSB)

Know God?

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

so the scriptures are of no value at all right ?

~

More Precious

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Ephesians 6:17

Than Gold

The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver. Psalms 119:72

More Powerful

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Than Sin

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Greetings, Hindsfeet, I must totally disagree, we do not receive the Spirit when we are baptized, we are baptized because we have received the Spirit. Also, the water in that verse in John 3:5 is not wet, the water is the word of God, can I get a witness from anybody else.

Hi Hgmg,

I'm not here to debat/argue about it,to each his own.

It appears that the poster does not believe in the trinity and wants to know more about the HS.

Lets not swat at gnats lest we scare someone away.

To each his own, where is that in Scripture, it's as he will.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

To me the Holy Spirit is a living tool of God and a gift to us. Holy Ghosts are dead spirits.

Some people believe the Wi-Fi is the Holy Spirit. Micro chipping humans takes away our free will. People who have been micro chipped voluntarily or involuntarily can tell you how they lost control of their thoughts and will, unless that person had a prior to the chip a personal relationship with God and knew the Word and the Holy Spirit. Virginia Legislators has passed a law to stop the implants of micro chips in humans.

The Holy Spirit is our contact, protector and life support. The Holy Spirit is boundless unlike the wi-fi it can go through anything, anywhere; anytime. The Holy Spirit has the power of God and nothing can control it or stop it. Thank you Lord God for both Your son Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Edited by Rodney

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  25
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Answer to when do we receive the Holy Spirit

Your invitation of Jesus into your heart and an application of the plan of salvation (Hear the Word, Believe the Word, Confess Jesus is the son of God, Repent of your sins and be baptized)

I believe the Holy spirit is present when we first ask and helps us to complete the plan of salvation

Edited by Rodney