• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  199
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  711
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/28/1989

F. That Those Involved in the Sins below Will Not be Allowed Entry into the Kingdom of Heaven:

1 Corinthians 6.9-12: "Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Galatians 5.19-21: "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok I completely disagree with the bolded stuff. First of all, EVERYONE gets jealous. God can forgive you for this. I used to do witchcraft before I was saved. God forgave me from that. My dad used to go to parties and drink and he used to literally murder people, and God forgave him from ALL of that. He AND my mom used to do drugs and a whole bunch of other stuff, and God forgave them from THAT. My dad STILL gets drunk at night and yet God STILL forgives him. Harry Potter and stuff used to be my IDOLS and God forgave me from THAT. I really do believe that God can forgive you from every sin. Before I started on witchcraft and stuff, I was saved, but then my entire family started slipping, I started reading Harry Potter and getting all into it, and I started witchcraft, yet God forgave me and I came back to him. I can't tell you how many times I have rededicated myself.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Amen! God CAN forgive you for sins you commit--otherwise, what would be the point?

Guest OneWhoIsSeeking
Hm..."kingdom of Heaven"= the church.  So, if you are committing the sins described here (which are punishable by eternity in hell), you cannot (or are not) in the church (saved).  Um, duh!  Sinners go to hell--we all know that.  Once you enter into the church (are saved) then you are no longer in sin.  Yes, of course we still commit sin, but we are covered by Jesus' blood and cannot be withheld from the kingdom!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello Kroschild

Could you explain to me your understanding of Hebrew 10:26-27?

[Hebrew 10:26-27]

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Trusting in the Lord

OneWhoIsSeeking :emot-highfive:

Hi Matt.  Good to meet you.

I think the answer you are looking for is twofold.

Firstly the lists of sins from Corinthians and Galatians demonstrate the heart of those that 'practice' them...these sins are the fruit of unrighteousness from the flesh as opposed to the fruit of the Spirit.  Many of us have been involved in various amounts of these sins...but have been forgiven turned away from them and practiced righteousness...therefore there is no need to fear any guilt or condemnation.

The only unforgivable sin that is mentioned in the Bible is the 'blasphemy against the Holy Ghost.'  This is attributing to Satan the work of the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 12:31  Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Mat 12:32  And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

There are different views on what this means...from what I understand it clearly shows that you will suffer loss by blaspheming against the Holy Ghost both now and in eternity...it does not say outrightly that you will not be given the gift of eternal life...or that if you have it that you will lose your salvation...but it is a very serious position to be in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cool: you are right on.........

Hebrews 6:

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

If you have recieved salvation and blaspheme against the Holy Ghost, you cant be forgiven......seeing that you have known the truth and then deny the truth. You no longer work with God, but are now against him and by speaking out against the truth you lead others from the truth.

Guest OneWhoIsSeeking

God Bless :emot-hug:

Since God says in [Hebrew 6] that this is an unforgiveable sin (to blaspheme the Holy Spirit), what do you all think that it means to blaspheme the Holy Spirit?

Trusting in the Lord

OneWhoIsSeeking :emot-hug:

God Bless :emot-hug:

Since God says in [Hebrew 6] that this is an unforgiveable sin (to blaspheme the Holy Spirit), what do you all think that it means to blaspheme the Holy Spirit?

Trusting in the Lord

OneWhoIsSeeking :emot-hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the Lord himself spelled it out in Matthew 12

24But when the Pharisees heard this, they said,

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

The case of "blasphemy against the Spirit" in the New Testament is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and in Matthew 12:22-32. The term blasphemy may be generally defined as "defiant reverence." We would apply the term to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. It is also attributing some evil to God, or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This case of blasphemy however is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32 the Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by the demon "Beelzebub" (Matthew 12:24). Now notice that in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what exactly they did to commit "the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost."

This blasphemy has to do with someone accusing Jesus Christ (in person, on earth) of being demon-possessed. There are other ways to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, but this was "THE" blasphemy that was unpardonable. This means that this unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be duplicated today because Jesus Christ is not on earth but seated at the right Hand of God; however, the Holy Spirit still accomplishes supernatural things through His servants. Although there is no unpardonable sin today, we should always keep in mind there is an unpardonable state of existence--the state of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. Remember what is stated in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life." The only condition whereby someone would have no forgiveness is if he or she is not one of the "whoever believes in him."

warm regards

-bud

The case of "blasphemy against the Spirit" in the New Testament is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and in Matthew 12:22-32. The term blasphemy may be generally defined as "defiant reverence." We would apply the term to such sins as cursing God or willfully degrading things relating to God. It is also attributing some evil to God, or denying Him some good that we should attribute to Him. This case of blasphemy however is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32 the Pharisees, having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was working miracles in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that the Lord was possessed by the demon "Beelzebub" (Matthew 12:24). Now notice that in Mark 3:30 Jesus is very specific about what exactly they did to commit "the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost."

This blasphemy has to do with someone accusing Jesus Christ (in person, on earth) of being demon-possessed. There are other ways to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, but this was "THE" blasphemy that was unpardonable. This means that this unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be duplicated today because Jesus Christ is not on earth but seated at the right Hand of God; however, the Holy Spirit still accomplishes supernatural things through His servants. Although there is no unpardonable sin today, we should always keep in mind there is an unpardonable state of existence--the state of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. Remember what is stated in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life." The only condition whereby someone would have no forgiveness is if he or she is not one of the "whoever believes in him."

warm regards

-bud

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey budman..how are u?>

I have to differ with you.

seeing in the word it says you can speak against the Son, but not against the Holy Ghost. It also says in this world or the world to come.

The whole point is that you have to realize who God really is.....

There is an old song by the Jellison's that I used to listen to when I first got in church

It's called do you know who Jesus is?

Do you know what the bible says?

He's the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End!... Do you know who Jesus is?

and it goes on...its been so long that I cant remember the exact words.....

but something like this...

He walked on water , he caused the lame to leap, he made the blind to see and still they did not know who he was........

Edited by tanner

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Budman,

This blasphemy has to do with someone accusing Jesus Christ (in person, on earth) of being demon-possessed.  There are other ways to blaspheme the Holy Spirit, but this was "THE" blasphemy that was unpardonable.  This means that this unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit cannot be duplicated today because Jesus Christ is not on earth but seated at the right Hand of God; however, the Holy Spirit still accomplishes supernatural things through His servants. Although there is no unpardonable sin today, we should always keep in mind there is an unpardonable state of existence--the state of continued unbelief. There is no pardon for a person who dies in unbelief. Remember what is stated in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have eternal life." The only condition whereby someone would have no forgiveness is if he or she is not one of the "whoever believes in him."

Why do you believe there is no unpardonable sin today, when the Bible, seems to make it clear that people can commit this sin.

Matthew 3 v 29 says, "Whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, will never be forgiven,he is guilty of an eternal sin.

If people cannot commit unpardonable sin today, why does forgiveness for us depend on us forgiving. Isn't it true that if we refuse to forgive, God cannot forgive us? Matthew 6v15, " If you do not forgive men their sins , your Father cannot forgive your sins. Is this also not for us today, because Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father? :emot-hug:

yomotalking

Budman,

This blasphemy has to do with someone accusing Jesus Christ (in person, on earth) of being demon-possessed.
Edited by tanner