IGNORED

Dancing on air! There's room for you, too!

Keith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Do you read Spurgeon's Morning and Evening Devotionals?  If not, I can't recommend them highly enough.  This morning's devotional has me dancing on air!  The JOY and the REST that come to a believer when these words are experienced and become a reality to them, is indescribable!  There just are no words adequate enough to express your love and gratitude for Him! 

I especially love today's reading.  I posted it below, which is legal, because there is no longer any copyright on the work, and it can used freely. 

Saturday, January 03, 2015

This Morning's Meditation C. H. Spurgeon

j.gifESUS Christ is Himself the sum and substance of the covenant, and as one of its gifts, He is the property of every believer. Believer, canst thou estimate what thou hast gotten in Christ? "In Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily." Consider that word "God" and its infinity, and then meditate upon "perfect man" and all his beauty; for all that Christ, as God and man, ever had, or can have, is thine—out of pure free favour, passed over to thee to be thine entailed property forever. Our blessed Jesus, as God, is omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent. Will it not console you to know that all these great and glorious attributes are altogether yours? Has he power? That power is yours to support and strengthen you, to overcome your enemies, and to preserve you even to the end. Has He love? Well, there is not a drop of love in His heart which is not yours; you may dive into the immense ocean of His love, and you may say of it all, "It is mine." Hath He justice? It may seem a stern attribute, but even that is yours, for He will by His justice see to it that all which is promised to you in the covenant of grace shall be most certainly secured to you. And all that He has as perfect man is yours. As a perfect man the Father's delight was upon Him. He stood accepted by the Most High. O believer, God's acceptance of Christ is thine acceptance; for knowest thou not that the love which the Father set on a perfect Christ, He sets on thee now? For all that Christ did is thine. That perfect righteousness which Jesus wrought out, when through His stainless life He kept the law and made it honourable, is thine, and is imputed to thee. Christ is in the covenant."I will give thee for a covenant of the people."—Isaiah 49:8.

"My God, I am thine—what a comfort divine!
What a blessing to know that the Saviour is mine!
In the heavenly Lamb thrice happy I am,
And my heart it doth dance at the sound of His name."

Really and truly think about this!  Psalm 8 says that you were made a little lower than the angels, and yet, He crowned you with honor and glory!  Not the angels.  Think about it... if an angel walked into the room right now we would all fall on the floor, but we don't do that when one of us walks into the room!  God didn't send a Savior for the angels when they fell.  But He did for you!  Can you imagine what Satan and his fallen angels thought when they saw God send His own SON, the Savior, to die and pay the price for you, but not them?  Instead, they received perfect justice.  But us?  We received the ultimate grace!

We, who are lower than the angels, living on a ball of dirt that's lower than heaven is its beauty, are so incredibly, outrageously, undeservedly, mind-blowingly, and purely loved by the One for whom ALL of heaven, earth, and every created thing and being, was made for!  So much so that, when a true believer is forgiven, they're wholly and competely forgiven for all of eternity!  Never to have a single sin held against them.

Instead, we now share in everything Jesus has.  It's ALL imputed to us, freely given, out of pure love!  Love!  Every provision!  Even justice!  It's all ours, and much more!  Can we even grasp the inheritance we've received and have available to us if we just believe it?  He made Himself the covenant, holding nothing back!  To top it all off, He's given it to us NOW!  We possess all of Him, all that He is and has, NOW... not later! 

Think of everything that's possible to the one who wholeheartedly believes and acts on this promise, this gift, out of complete love for Him!

I don't know about you, but that makes everything I worry about, and strive for, look selfish and faithless.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

Excellent -- *love* Spurgeon.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Yes, Spurgeon is definitely a blessing.  His book The Anointed Life is incredible. 

I haven't been able to stop thinking about this day's devotion (above).  The reality of it astounds me!  It makes me want to know and please Him more!  It makes me hate my sin more deeply!  It brings a deeper understanding of Psalm 8:4, "What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?"  You love me that much?  Are you kidding me?!  How can I serve you?  Whatever you want.  Anything.  Just name it.  Nothing is too great to ask for the God who gave up everything for me in order to give me Everything!  I just want to know you and be with you!