darkest_red

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

ok here goes. I don't know if this is considered a phobia or not...but if it isn't done I do tend to freak...kinda bad too :24::cool:

Before the bedroom light is turned off I have to make sure the closet door is closed tight...I have to hear the click...and I will shut it open and then shut it again to make sure it clicks :thumbsup: Now one night (I went through my routine already) but a car went by and the light streak that hit the wall made it look like for a second that the closet door was open...I screamed jumped up and fell off the end of the bed...(by this time hubby is fighting his way out of bed not knowing whats wrong) I was scrambling for the bedroom light...I got there and turned it on...and phew the closet was closed....now its also a forgone conclusion that hubby sleeps on the side of the bed closest to the closet :24: And its this way wherever we go...I will ask for another room if the closet it situated at the foot of the bed :21: My husband HAS to be between me and the closet...if hes gone I sleep on the couch.

Wow I hope ted doesn't get ahold of this one... :cool:

Is that a phobia or a obsessive compulsive disorder? :cool:

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest NH_Marine15

I am affraid of large bodies of water, large ships, boats, mountains, rivers, airplanes, helicopters, bugs, large dogs, BLOOD, grass and I think that is it. Oh yeah, the veins on my hands!

Guest The Chief

Here's one they probably haven't even researched yet, much less have a name for: I can't sleep with my legs fully extended. They have to be as high up near my body as I can get them if I am to drop off. A childhood incident that I never have outgrown frightened me to that point.

Was about 5 years old in Atlanta, on a dark, windy night (aren't they all at that age?). Was in my room very late and saw a shadow pass the blinds outside. Heard some loud knocking at our door, and I yelled for my parents about someone at the door (no answer). A few minutes later, the door to my room opened, and someone (something?) entered with what appeared to be a knife. I was scared enough I couldn't say a word, but when that knife hit my shinbone I was out of that room like a rocket! Took my parents the rest of the night to calm me down, but they were unable to explain how I came to have a cut on my right shin (still have the scar).

Several months later, I was at my aunt's house in Raleigh, NC, and had another similar incident, but this time this "person" actually came through a wall. No, I am not kidding. Bad dream, maybe, but at 48 years old I still will not stretch out to sleep, regardless... :cool:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Claustrophobia.......

It's the worst in a vehicle. I about go crazy in the middle seat of an airplane...must sit on the aisle. When my kids were small, if my youngest sat on my lap in the car.... ( the laws here didn't used to be very strict about car seats)... I have been know to make my husband stop the car and let me get out for a minute, because the Claustrophobia suddenly became overwhelming.

:cool:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

I dont knowif thus is classified as a phobia but my sister and i are the only 2 left in my family,i have an awful fear of being the last one left.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Cockroaches!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I see one, I just about wet myself trying to get away :cool: I've not ever had any bad encounters with a roach, but they are HORRID!! My husband just about has to be on standby with a tin of insect spray when I go into the bath of a night, incase there is one in the tub.

Nanna P had living streams of roaches in her house whilst we were living there in a caravan. THAT just about drove me NUTS. I NEVER went inside her house at night and one time my husband did, even HE freaked out :cool:

Ok, OVERSHARE...but you did ask :cool:

YSIC

Faithie :cool:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I am fearful of "Palmetto bugs"...which look like large cockroaches and fly. They are often found in tropical places, like....where else?...Florida.

Big, thick furry spiders, like a Tarantula seems more like a pet ...so I don't mind them.

It's the skinny ones, with spiney legs that give me the creeps! :cool:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Birthday:  05/23/1986

Although it's not really a phobia, I also don't open the curtains or blinds after they've been shut until it's light. This is another childhood fear, I always used to imagine that there was a clown outside the window and... well...most people are scared of clowns.

My boyfriend decided to make sure I never open a curtain again by saying that there could be a clown with a beard outside. EEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! :cool::cool::cool: