spiritual_girl

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Both Jr.high & Sr. High =which type bible do you use to make it easier for your youth to understand your message that you are trying to give through the sermons?

What are some good activities(games too) that you do with your youth ?

How do you make the sermons interesting?

See the reason i'm askin you all this questions is cause i been called out to be a youth leader for my church that i'm in right now.But there no youth right now cause the church is just starting out. there's the pastor ,first lady,my mom & me.

:blink:

Edited by spiritual_girl

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

which type bible do you use to make it easier for your youth to understand your message that you are trying to give through the sermons?

The New International Version Life Application study bible. This is a great bible to use :blink:

What are some good activities(games too) that you do with your youth ?

1. Theme Parks

2. Christian Concerts

3. Lock ins

4. Retreats

5. Bowling

6. snow tubing

7. Beach trips

8. Mission Trips

9. Mini golf

How do you make the sermons interesting?

Illistrations, and this site might be of help. Carm.org :24:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

If you pm me your email, I may be able to have our youth leaders email you. Can't promise without talking to them first, but it's worth a shot. They are GREAT. They always have fun stuff to do with the kids and their Bible lessons are great too, never boring, and full of animations. I just asked my daughter what games they play that she likes and she said: "Trash Can Football" , "Human Football" , "The stick game" , "Electricity" and "Sock Wars" . Oh my, I may have to look into that "human football", especially since she's one of the smallest ones there, lol. She just came back in the room and said she forgot the best - "Operation Night Commando". I can't recommend that one though, because they played it in the church santuary which didn't thrill me, lol.

I asked her what she liked about the lessons and why they kept her interested and she said because they are NEVER boring, and never too hard to understand. (She's 11). I imagine that's hard, because the ages vary so greatly.

I do know that one thing I appreciate about our Youth Leaders is that they are never condemning or have judgemental attitudes towards the kids. If something shocks them, they don't show it. That doesn't mean that they don't teach Christ and His ways though. The kids always feel accepted right where they are. And every kid is loved, no matter how obnoxious they are. I could never do that job, so I admire those who can.

Well, sorry to be so long winded. :blink:

Trinity - lock ins!! My daughter just went to her first one. I didn't sleep either - up all night worrying about her, lol. (That's where they played "Night Commando" in the sanctuary. :24: )