• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

from faith street:

"... Lots of parents don’t tell their kids that Santa isn’t real. They don’t tell their kids the hard truth because they are mean, but because they are concerned: can their kid can handle the truth?

"Like kids that believe in Santa, people believe certain things about God and faith to be true because that’s what they’ve always been told, or because they want them to be true. But eventually, plodding through the mud of life, they discover the truth: life is hard, and not everything is as it seemed.

"At some point — as a parent — you have to tell your kid the hard truth that Santa isn’t real. And at some point — as a pastor — you have to tell your people the hard truth.

"We’ve compiled a list of seven hard truths to get you started...."

http://www.faithstreet.com/onfaith/2015/07/13/7-hard-truths-your-church-needs-to-hear-you-say/37274

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I'm not sure what to think about all of that as a whole... and especially number 6:

"6. Christianity is not about a feeling — it’s about choices."

How beyond this world does a person encounter the love of God and NOT have a feeling about it? Even in our deepest sorrowful times, in the lowest of our valleys, how can we not be affected by the FEELING and KNOWLEDGE that we are loved by God and the complete reciprocation of that love?!!?

I think there's a bit more to living in the fullness of life than what's explained here in these seven things which are a tad bit... superficial.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

I'm not sure what to think about all of that as a whole... and especially number 6:

How beyond this world does a person encounter the love of God and NOT have a feeling about it? Even in our deepest sorrowful times, in the lowest of our valleys, how can we not be affected by the FEELING and KNOWLEDGE that we are loved by God and the complete reciprocation of that love?!!?

I think there's a bit more to living in the fullness of life than what's explained here in these seven things which are a tad bit... superficial.

Not saying I'm right but I think the idea might be when we worship we all like that good feeling when we feel the power of God moving within us, we feel like jumping to our feet and saying "YES" THANK-YOU JESUS! (well at least I do). The truth is we may not get that feel good feeling every time we go to Church, and we should not let it get to us if we don't. God is still there, God is still with us, God still loves us and I'm sure God likes to spoil us spiritually, I just think God doesn't want to spoil us rotten (just a old term). I think when we don't get that feel good feeling, God is having us exercise our faith.

Oldzimm 

Not saying I'm right but I think the idea might be when we worship we all like that good feeling when we feel the power of God moving within us, we feel like jumping to our feet and saying "YES" THANK-YOU JESUS! (well at least I do). The truth is we may not get that feel good feeling every time we go to Church, and we should not let it get to us if we don't. God is still there, God is still with us, God still loves us and I'm sure God likes to spoil us spiritually, I just think God doesn't want to spoil us rotten (just a old term). I think when we don't get that feel good feeling, God is having us exercise our faith.

Oldzimm 

Oh, yes Sir. I completely agree. Every day isn't gonna be shoutin' from the mountain tops. Yes Sir. I understand. I probably misunderstood. Thank you!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Oldzimm 

Oh, yes Sir. I completely agree. Every day isn't gonna be shoutin' from the mountain tops. Yes Sir. I understand. I probably misunderstood. Thank you!

I see by your note on the side that you are retired from one of many things, a hydraulic tamper (we call them jumping jacks) and I used one today, my arms are still shaking.  :grin:

Oldzimm

I see by your note on the side that you are retired from one of many things, a hydraulic tamper (we call them jumping jacks) and I used one today, my arms are still shaking.  :grin:

Oldzimm

Holy cow. Zimm? I wouldn't wish that on the deVil, man. Truly, my heart goes out for you. I am so blessed to be done with that stuff. I'll be prayin' for ya, Pal. That stuff gets harder when we're no longer young pups.