lnknprkn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

You can be baptized by the Holy Spirit.  It is not necessary to have a physical baptism to receive the Holy Spirit.  It is not necessary to Salvation.  It is an outward sign of an inward working.  You can sit where you are right now and Pray that God will baptize you right now, and that His Holy Spirit will come over you.  You will receive the Sanctification of God.

Your Salvation does not depend upon your physical and public baptism.

Not to say that public Baptism isn't an amazing experience.  It will show those in the congregation that you publicly announce your sold out for Jesus.  And it will testify to your beginning the process of sanctification.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just want to point out that Shelby provided no Scripture verses that say that baptism is merely "an outward sign of an inward working."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

I apologize for not providing scripture verses. I do not scripture pick. And I do not come into this forum very often so I know that most of you would not know that. But I don't like to pick and take scriptures to mold them to my understanding.

I know that if you pray and read your Bible and search God's heart, you will see that he will meet you where you are. So if scripture is what you need......

But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. John 20:31

All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.