IGNORED

A question to the Christian supporters of Israel.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I would like to ask you, Aryeh, whether or not Jesus Christ is God, what makes you think that God is God?

Nothing makes me. I simply find it reasonable to believe that there is the Prime Reason behind everything we can see, and this Reason is God.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good theology would never argue with science. Because if you assume that some scientific evidence can support faith, you also assume implicitly that some other scientific evidence can possibly disprove faith. But a faith that can be disproved (at least potentially) is not faith.

Thus it is better to separate science and faith. Science studies how the nature works. Faith explains why it works this way.

Yod: There are many award winning scientists who agree that science supports an earth that is thousands, not millions, of years old.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Aryeh:  You are only familiar with a few creation articles.  Most scientists who made the most wonderful discoveries were born again Christians who believed in the young earth theory.  To name just a few:  Leonardo DaVinci, William Whiston, Isaac Newton, John Harris, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibnitz, John Houtchinson, John Dalton, Roget, William Prout, Francis BVacon, Blaise Pascal, Sir William Petty, Nicholas Copernicus,Lord Raleigh, George Washington Carver, Sir Cecil P.G. Wakeley.

I will gladly discuss creationism on another thread, and plan on starting the topic soon.  To discuss it here might make us forget the topic on hand, which is Christian support for Israel, as you so aptly named it.

You say you believe in God simply because it makes sense to believe in God.  Do you believe that God answers prayer?

Aryeh:  You are only familiar with a few creation articles.  Most scientists who made the most wonderful discoveries were born again Christians who believed in the young earth theory.  To name just a few:  Leonardo DaVinci, William Whiston, Isaac Newton, John Harris, Gottfried Wilhelm Leibnitz, John Houtchinson, John Dalton, Roget, William Prout, Francis BVacon, Blaise Pascal, Sir William Petty, Nicholas Copernicus,Lord Raleigh, George Washington Carver, Sir Cecil P.G. Wakeley.

I will gladly discuss creationism on another thread, and plan on starting the topic soon.  To discuss it here might make us forget the topic on hand, which is Christian support for Israel, as you so aptly named it.

All those notable people could believe in the young earth simply because there was no evidence, pointing to otherwise, available. Today the situation is different.

But you are right. Start a specific topic for this discussion, just let me know where it is. :noidea:

You say you believe in God simply because it makes sense to believe in God.  Do you believe that God answers prayer?

Let

Aryeh:  My point is this:  If you believe in God, and believe He answers prayer, why not appeal to Him to tell you if Y'shua is Lord?  Don't you think He'd show you the Truth?

Aryeh:

You ask Him to show you in a way so that you will know it is Him and NOT your imagination. :noidea:

You ask Him to show you in a way so that you will know it is Him and NOT your imagination. :D

Unfortunatelly, I don't know such a way.  :noidea:

Aryeh:  GOD makes the way. You do not have to know the way, nor how to make the way. You simply ask Him to show you if Y'shua is Messiah. It's a prayer.  Like how you ask anyone a quesiton, you simply ask Him, except you know He will tell you the truth, because He's God.