IGNORED

filled to the brim...with problems

Guest justenuf2bstrong

Guest justenuf2bstrong

I am new to this chatroom but am in desperate need of prayer and help. I am engaged to a man who has been falsely accused of a crime. We have gotten through having his name run through the media, him losing his job, dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder, etc. The list goes on. While we've been blessed with amazing support by family and friends, this has been a 3-yeard ordeal that is hurting my everything -- my soul, my mind, my faith. It is scaring me because I want so badly to have trust that God will work everything out. Since the time I was 14 (12 years ago), it seems that life has thrown one rather large disaster at me after another. I don't want pity and I don't want to feel sorry for myself. Everyone who truly knows me keeps telling me that something great must be waiting for me. The problem is that I'm sick of waiting. (I know how selfish this sounds). There has been good, but I feel like it's been drowned out by the bad. incredibly messy divorce of my parents * being abandoned by my father * 5 years of battling anorexia * loss of EVERY male who has been important in my life, including a grandfather, cousin, and very serious boyfriend. How does a person go on trusting in God when it's so much easier to feel the pains of the world? I read scripture every day, go to church, meet with my Bible study group, pray faithfully... I feel broken.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

An oriental Minister used the following analogy: God will always break us. YOU are the 'alabastar box' with the precious ointment within. The sweet ointment can only be released by the breaking of the outward man.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  344
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Psalms 91

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  224
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Dear justenuftobestrong,

You raised a great problem that is not unique to you. 1 Co 10:13 says There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. Try to step back from your troubles for a minute and look at them more objectively. The solution is always contained in the problem. Pray, seek and you will find it if you really want to know. God will not withhold any good thing from a child of His that truly loves Him. But most of the time we are looking for happiness in all the wrong places. We think that surely God wants above all else for us to be happy. Well, if He wanted that, why did He let His Son die an agonizing death? What He wants above all else for us is for us to be saved and to overcome the things in our lives that are hindering us from being close to Him. He wants to be close to us and He wants us to be close to Him.

We have so many bad attitudes that we picked up along the way. How can God purge us of that? He's got to let trouble come our way to find out how much we really want to be close to Him. Don't let anything make you feel bad at God. He means everything for your eventual good, whether you see it now or not. Some trouble we create ourselves by our poor life choices. Other trouble comes because we live on this earth and that's the way it is here. If you're having trouble, it means God is working with you. It's up to you to find out what He's doing. Search the Scriptures. In them there is life and truth and encouragement. David was chased by Saul for years and years (and that was after the Lord had anointed him king of Israel!) and yet the Scriptures say that he encouraged himself in the Lord. Jesus went off by himself now and then to pray and refresh himself. There are so many examples.

I'll pray that you find your answer. In the meantime, don't listen to long winded people that say they are encouraging you but in reality are only spilling all their bad attitude about their problems on you. Also you might try helping other people. You'll find out that everyone has problems and some of them are worse than yours. Then you won't feel so bad.

Hebrews 12:12 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; :P This Scripture always makes me feel better because it gives me a picture of what I look like if I feel down. So lift up those hands that hang down and those feeble knees!! Look up and see the sun shining!! Look for God and put Him first in your life and you'll find things turning around. Best wishes. :P