IGNORED

What was the sermon about at your church, today?

*Deidre*

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/14/1958

On 4/24/2016 at 2:09 PM, spiderman1917 said:

It was a non-denominational church. The pastor's name was Greg Boyd who is very famous from this city. I'm sure some people here know of him.

He said it is unchrist-like for Christian businesses to refuse to serve homosexuals or sell them wedding cakes and such, even if they disagree with the person's lifestyle.

He said " Jesus served us and died for us despite not being approving of our lifestyle.  Jesus was despised for his constant hanging out with the most immoral people of the time, which destroyed his reputation. Jesus served sinners and so should we"

He said he could not picture  Jesus telling businesses to refuse to serve homosexuals, , but at the same time would not say their lifestyle is ok.

I've been to Boyd's church as an employee many times.  He is brilliant, but a rather proud iconoclast.  He seems to revel in tearing down what he perceives are 'errors' in conservative Christianity, and finding fault with 'tradition'.  

He is dead-wrong on the business issue.  What fellowship hath light with darkness?  Beyond that, "Jesus served sinners" by dying for them, but he commanded us to to go and sin no more.  There isn't a reason in the Christian world that a bakery should have to acknowledge the sin of a (non) same-sex marriage.  But I'm not surprised he went there.  He has been getting more and more provocative as the years pass.  The substitute pastors are even worse, I think, by design.  

Woodland Hills is all but apostate.  Consider John Piper's opinion on Boyd.