How to live for Jesus?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have just decided to give my life to God but I am not sure where to go from here. I know I'm doing the right thing.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  06/20/1953

Stay with God. He'll tell you what he wants you to do.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Hi Nice Guy,

Welcome to Worthy.

I"m thrilled to hear that you are giving your life to Jesus.  You, according to the Word of God have become a new creation in Christ.  The most important gift He gives us is eternal life, an eternity with Him in Heaven. 

But eternity does not start in Heaven it starts the minute you surrender your life to Him.  

God will show you things and bring you into a relationship with Him through ways you cannot even imagine.  So rest assured you have done the right thing.  

Get into the Word of God.  Start in the book of John.  Write down questions you may have.  Spend time with Him in prayer.  Just talk with Him as you would a best friend because that is what He is, a best friend. 

Please come here often, we also have a chat room where you can visit with us one on one.  

Blessings, RustyAngeL 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,907
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

3 hours ago, NiceGuy100 said:

I have just decided to give my life to God but I am not sure where to go from here. I know I'm doing the right thing.

Hello, welcome to worthy, and more importantly, welcome to God's family!

First, you'll want to get in the habit of reading the Bibles and praying daily. This is incredibly important for growing in your walk with God and understanding of Him and His will and principles.

Here's something to get you started: http://shorelinechurch.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/NewBelieverReadingPlan-Feb2014a-Final.pdf

To get started online, he's an excellent site full of articles and sermons that will help you learn and grow: http://www.desiringgod.org/

Also, definitely begin seeking out a local church to attend. You'll want to eventually find a church that really teaches sound doctrine and conducts itself with sound Biblical principals at the core. This can take a while and require visiting numerous local churches. If you're willing to tell us the city and area you live in, we may be able to help you find some options.

Most of all, remember LOT; Love, Obey, Trust. Jesus is now the center of your being. Love Him above all else, Obey his teachings and will (which you discover through prayer, reading the Bible, and listening to sound teaching), and Trust Him and His will for you, no matter what. Live with him at the center of all you are. The way you think, act, feel, respond will all begin to change for the better. Ask Him earnestly and daily to lead you, grow you, change you, and help you live for Him; He will be delighted to do so!

God bless!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Praise the Lord. Join a local church that preach about the good news of Jesus. We give God the glory this is a journey of life.