• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/20/1990

I wanted to make an encouraging reminder as to how absolutely vital it is to spend personal quality communion with God and note the definition of communion the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level Communion with God is not just when we are done with everything and relaxing it's something we can do all day every day. We sometimes forget to spend time with God and we sometimes tend to think we just don't have time but this is not so if you love something enough you always find time.

God wants something more than strong faith more than vast wisdom more than the adept in his word he wants a deep and personal relationship with us he wants to talk with us as much as possibly possibly he gets such great joy in hearing from his children even if it's a short thank you Lord his heart leaps within his chest when his children hunger to know him more intimately his hearts melts when he hears his children express how they love him. More than glory and praise more than his own throne his heart craves communion with his children he relishes and cherishes every second we spend with him and in return he gives us deeper insight and greater faith stronger love and he shows and teaches the deep and hidden secrets of his heart and of his kingdom.

I also have myself found how good it is for our health to spend time with him or even just talk with him when I didn't feel good and was physically exhausted to the point I was going to pass out which happens often when I am on cc conversing with others and resting in his presence I can feel my body gain life my worries and doubts disappear peace and love flow in my heart and soul. Resting and relishing in communion with him is a lost art it seems we often times are to busy with the stress and worries of life itself that we forget to be still and know God.

I would make this thread a sticky if I could because of the vast importance of spending time with God and communion with him is done in so many ways l, listening to music listening or reading his word or an author that you like to read and listen to that helps you grow in Christ going on your morning jogs and listening to these or just simply talk with him being at work and talking with him throughout the day going on walks and pondering the deeper things of God even drawing is a way I have found communion with him.

Because everyone is different and unique we all have different ways of communion with him

Edited by HeartSearcher

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

57 minutes ago, HeartSearcher said:

I wanted to make an encouraging reminder as to how absolutely vital it is to spend personal quality communion with God and note the definition of communion the sharing or exchanging of intimate thoughts and feelings, especially when the exchange is on a mental or spiritual level Communion with God is not just when we are done with everything and relaxing it's something we can do all day every day. We sometimes forget to spend time with God and we sometimes tend to think we just don't have time but this is not so if you love something enough you always find time.

God wants something more than strong faith more than vast wisdom more than the adept in his word he wants a deep and personal relationship with us he wants to talk with us as much as possibly possibly he gets such great joy in hearing from his children even if it's a short thank you Lord his heart leaps within his chest when his children hunger to know him more intimately his hearts melts when he hears his children express how they love him. More than glory and praise more than his own throne his heart craves communion with his children he relishes and cherishes every second we spend with him and in return he gives us deeper insight and greater faith stronger love and he shows and teaches the deep and hidden secrets of his heart and of his kingdom.

I also have myself found how good it is for our health to spend time with him or even just talk with him when I didn't feel good and was physically exhausted to the point I was going to pass out which happens often when I am on cc conversing with others and resting in his presence I can feel my body gain life my worries and doubts disappear peace and love flow in my heart and soul. Resting and relishing in communion with him is a lost art it seems we often times are to busy with the stress and worries of life itself that we forget to be still and know God.

I would make this thread a sticky if I could because of the vast importance of spending time with God and communion with him is done in so many ways l, listening to music listening or reading his word or an author that you like to read and listen to that helps you grow in Christ going on your morning jogs and listening to these or just simply talk with him being at work and talking with him throughout the day going on walks and pondering the deeper things of God even drawing is a way I have found communion with him.

Because everyone is different and unique we all have different ways of communion with him

Most of us including me need to carve out more time with Him.

56 minutes ago, RustyAngeL said:

Most of us including me need to carve out more time with Him.

Time with him does wonders, I can have the worst day possible where everything that could have gone wrong went wrong yet if at the end of the day if i can have only ten minutes in communion with him relishing in his love and his presence that entire day was worth it:)

i truly treasure the time I spend with him

Guest bonnieschamberger

what a wonderful thing for me to read this week after I had some things come up at work that caused me great anxiety I became greatly distracted with  the thoughts that came with that....but this afternoon as I was waking up I felt God slowing me down in spirit and just telling me to lay there with Him...not to let my feet hit the floor before we were right again...before I felt like  we were one again and Im so glad He did that because I hate going any amount of time without Him, I really miss Him .

I have experienced this as well. Sometimes we get distracted by life and by things that cause us worry and stress and sometimes we just don't spend much  time with him but after I go through this and I spend to much time away from him I feel my soul missing him I miss being with him I miss having that life in me that I only find when I am when with him.

a plant if not watered will dry up and become brittle and our tongues when they become dry need water in the same way our hearts need him daily