• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, inchrist said:

Just to keep updated on heyvavhey paradox

Believes that God does call Ephraim who was the youngest born Firstborn.....but is in denial of the meaning

Evidently you aren't as smart you think you are. Forgive me for assuming you knew something..

Ephraim is called "first-born" because his grandfather, Jacob, gave him the blessing of the first born in Genesis 48:13-20

It had nothing to do with Christians then or now. 

Claims the cross excludes the House of Ephraim

Even though scripture makes it crystal clear the following

1 John 2:2 

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Then claims that the new covenant is for Ephraim yet heyvavhey still maintaince the cross has nothing to do with Ephraim

Its the sign of a weak argument to mischaracterize what I've said. That straw man blows away easily though.

I've never said that anyone from the tribe of Ephraim is excluded from salvation?!?

It is you who has (weakly) attempted to make the case the Ephraim doesn't mean Ephraim...no, it means gentile christians are 10 lost tribes of Israel.

hebrews 9:15

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance--now that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant

Can someone please make sense of heyvavhey contradictions

I've not made a single contradiction to the Word. 

I have shown where your words contradict the scriptures. Sorry if you don't like it. All you have to do is repent and it will be fine. 

• Group:  Advanced Member

With all those hysteric attempts to make a point, you have missed. The only connection between Ephraim and gentile christians is in your imagination. 

Can't answer simple logic, eh? Have to resort to insults and ridicule when you're imaginary theory falls flat on it's face? 

I am confident that it's clear to anyone following the thread who is losing it. 

Edited by heyvavhey

6 minutes ago, inchrist said:

No just showing your constant contradictions to scriptuew that comes with a vile vanity.

Your ego is sickening

aww....poor little cult leader. It is you who keeps throwing out insults simply because you have no answers to the logic of some very simple questions.

I'll try again. This should be easy if it were true...

Show us all even one place where the Apostles taught that gentiles and/or christians have become Ephraim. 

And again...I will not be holding my breath so take all the time you need.  

Edited by heyvavhey

5 minutes ago, inchrist said:

Again for possibly the 100th time where have I claimed that  non biological gentiles or non biologocal Christians are biological Ephraim.

When you say that gentiles and/or christians are the companions of Ephraim in Ezekiel 37.

There is no evidence of that anywhere. You can speculate that it is implied and I will say, "ok, that's fair" but that isn't what you're doing.

You are trying to make the case that "Thus says the Lord..." and it just ain't so.

But even if there are some gentiles and/or christians in that group, it is not a promise for anyone else but the "whole house of Israel" which includes every Tribe of Jacob. Unless your fathers were sacrificing to Baal on the mountains of Samaria circa 600-700 BC, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with you. 

Edited by heyvavhey

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, heyvavhey said:

No, I'm denying that you have proven one is related to the other. 

Deny all you want; the direct quote from Hosea in Romans 9 is clear. And you've got a long list of Bible scholars to try and disprove that Paul was not quoting Hosea to the Gentiles Romans in Romans 9.

7 hours ago, heyvavhey said:

No it's not. It's a denial of what YOU have imagined it implies.

Different people saying similar words to different audiences millennia apart in no way establishes a connection between the audiences. 

For Ephraim, God was saying they will be restored to their land in the end of days and will know Him.

But for people in Rome, Paul was saying they would be saved apart from becoming Jews, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the land covenant or being restored (as if they could?) to the other tribes of Jacob.

Show in Bible Scripture when the NT is quoting the OT and it doesn't mean the same thing. If it were possible to do that, then you'd be trying to disprove OT Scripture that Christ and His Apostles declared in the NT regarding His Church.

So far, all you've done is run your mouth based on your opinion while denying the direct quote from Hosea that Apostle Paul made to Gentile Romans in Romans 9. Thus you are contending with Apostle Paul's understanding of OT prophecy, not mine.

9 hours ago, heyvavhey said:

The Lost Sheep of the House of Israel are not gentiles. It includes ALL the tribes of Jacob, including ALL Jews. 

Ezekiel 37 is specific to the tribes of Jacob, and to them ONLY. It was not written to address or include a single gentile or christian. 

And you think this is relevant to our discussion because.....???

Of course all nations will be in the Kingdom. Duh? That has nothing to do with Ezekiel 37 at all.

That of course is wrong, because after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms, the title "house of Israel" meant only the ten tribes of the northern kingdom under king Jeroboam of Ephraim, its capital at Samaria in the northern lands.

Only when both the "house of Israel" (ten tribes), and the "house of Judah" (Jews of tribes of Judah, Benjamin, and Levi) are finally joined back together will the house of Israel label apply to all of them as before the split.

Already here in this thread there has been plenty of Scripture evidence for the existence of the two separate houses, the "house of Judah" and the "house of Israel". Ezekiel 37 is making this same two house distinction, simply using a little bit difference in terms:

Ezek 37:16-28
16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:

The two sticks prophecy is about the two separate houses which God split in Solomon's days (1 Kings 11 & 12.)

The first stick is about the "house of Judah" or "kingdom of Judah" mentioned in Scripture like 1 Kings 12:21 and 2 Chronicles 11:16-17. These were made of the tribes of Judah, Benjamin, Levi, and some small remnants of the ten tribes that refused Jeroboam's golden calf idol worship and migrated south to Jerusalem to join with the Judah kingdom.

The second stick about Joseph is the "house of Israel", or "kingdom of Israel", like in 1 Kings 12:21 and 1 Kings 21:7. Joseph was the father of his two sons Ephraim and Manasseh, and Jacob transferred God's Birthright upon Ephraim's head (Gen.48). And king of Jeroboam whom God gave ten tribes to in 1 Kings 11, was from the tribe of Ephraim, and God made him king over Israel. At that time the Judah kingdom in the south was not called Israel. After the 1 Kings 11 split, only the northern kingdom of Israel under Ephraim was called the "house of Israel" in God's Word.

17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.
18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, 'Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these?'
19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

God explains the meaning in verse 19. God reveals the stick of Joseph is in the hand of his younger son Ephraim. The tribes of Israel under Ephraim are Asher, Reuben, Issachar, Zebulun, Naphtali, Manasseh, Gad, Simeon, and Dan. That's who made up the northern kingdom of Israel, also called the "house of Israel" in God's Word.

20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

This is about God in final joining both houses back together, and making them one nation again. It won't happen until Christ's 2nd coming.

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

See how God recognizes the split of old Israel into two separate houses? Of course He recognizes it because He did the split per 1 Kings 12. King Rehoboam of the house of David at Jerusalem sought to attack the northern "house of Israel" (ten tribes) to bring the whole kingdom back together. But God told him to not go up against his brethren of the ten tribes, that the split was of Him.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.
24 And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.

It should be easy to realize this above has yet to happen. There has never been another king of the house of David sitting upon a throne in Jerusalem since Zedekiah in the days of Jeremiah the prophet.

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
KJV

Edited by Salty

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Salty said:

Isa 65:17-20
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

18 But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in My people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.
KJV

Firstly, notice verse 17 is a description of God bringing the new heavens and a new earth timing. That means after... the 1,000 years of Rev.20.

And what happens at the very end of the 1,000 years of Rev.20? Both death and hell go into the "lake of fire" and are no more.

So if there are going to be flesh people born and old men living long years but still dying in God's future Eternal Kingdom, then how is that since there will no more be any such thing as 'death'? How will they die?

1 Cor 15:48-50
48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
KJV

God's future eternal Kingdom is not of the flesh of bodies like we have today. In that future time we are to inherit the "image of the heavenly" type body, which is the "spiritual body" that Apostle Paul taught in 1 Cor.15.

That 'change' to the "spiritual body" is what the future resurrection is about. Per John 5:28-29, Jesus showed on the day of His coming both the "resurrection of life" and the "resurrection of damnation" will occur. That "resurrection of damnation" means the wicked dead will be raised to the spiritual body to go through Christ's future 1,000 years reign of Rev.20.

Isaiah 25 hints to the idea of death being swallowed up in victory, pointing to the vail cast over all peoples being removed on that day. It is pointing to all nations still alive when Jesus comes also being changed to the spiritual body, for that Isaiah 25 chapter is where Paul was pulling from when teaching about death being swallowed up in victory.

That is why, and how I interpret those Isaiah verses you quoted as not being about literal flesh, but as symbolic for that future world to come which is going to be similar in some ways, but different in others.

Salty

Isaiah 28:10   For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

This is the rule with interpreting scripture - a little info here, and a little info over there.  Put all together, and see the clear picture without distortion.

We have to "divide" the scriptures.  We know that "after" the 1000 yrs, after the 2nd judgement (white throne judgement) death and hell is thrown into the lake of fire "then" the Lord will melt the heavens and earth, and create a new one.  When this happens death will not exist ever again.  Everything is cleaned up.  Before that, during the 1000 yrs, all is not cleaned up, done and dusted, for Satan has to be released from his prison when the 1000 yrs ends, then the battle of Gog and Magog (war).  More death is coming.

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Yes, this verse is true, but with no details when God will create the new heavens and the earth here, until we go to Revelation for that piece of clarity.  We were given only "part" of the puzzle here in Isaiah.

However, in Isaiah 65, straight under that verse, death is still happening, so we cannot slot these all into the same one event?  We have to "divide" the jigsaw pieces and put them into the correct time slot to complete the correct true picture, and all must harmonise nicely with other scriptures also.

So yes, God will create a new heavens and earth, but now we know.....not....until.....after....the second death (lake of fire)....as stated in Revelation, and not until the earth is melted.  The thousand years of peace is before that.  So God has mentioned in the one chapter, two separate events.  Line apon line.  Divide!

Isaiah 65:17   For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isaiah 65:18   But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

Physical Jerusalem will be renewed first, so the world can see the difference, that they are now blessed by the Lord.  After the thousand years they will take part and be present and one with all the saints when the heavens and earth is melted and renewed.

Isaiah 65:19   And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Isaiah 65:20   There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isaiah 65:21   And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

Isaiah 65:22   They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

(they have a long full life)

Isaiah 65:23   They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

(the children they will have)

Isaiah 65:24   And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:25   The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

That mountain, is the kingdom of God on earth with boundaries, the Jews living inside, and the gentiles live outside the kingdom.  They are enjoying the work of their hands, they are building, planting, eating, having children....all their labours are blessed, and their children blessed, kept safe, for they are living in truth now and working towards their resurrection day at the white throne judgement,  in the meantime bringing in more children, living in peace, and multiplying as the sand of the sea for a thousand years.

33 minutes ago, Sister said:

Salty

Isaiah 28:10   For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

This is the rule with interpreting scripture - a little info here, and a little info over there.  Put all together, and see the clear picture without distortion.

We have to "divide" the scriptures.  We know that "after" the 1000 yrs, after the 2nd judgement (white throne judgement) death and hell is thrown into the lake of fire "then" the Lord will melt the heavens and earth, and create a new one.  When this happens death will not exist ever again.  Everything is cleaned up.  Before that, during the 1000 yrs, all is not cleaned up, done and dusted, for Satan has to be released from his prison when the 1000 yrs ends, then the battle of Gog and Magog (war).  More death is coming.

17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Yes, this verse is true, but with no details when God will create the new heavens and the earth here, until we go to Revelation for that piece of clarity.  We were given only "part" of the puzzle here in Isaiah.

However, in Isaiah 65, straight under that verse, death is still happening, so we cannot slot these all into the same one event?  We have to "divide" the jigsaw pieces and put them into the correct time slot to complete the correct true picture, and all must harmonise nicely with other scriptures also.

So yes, God will create a new heavens and earth, but now we know.....not....until.....after....the second death (lake of fire)....as stated in Revelation, and not until the earth is melted.  The thousand years of peace is before that.  So God has mentioned in the one chapter, two separate events.  Line apon line.  Divide!

Isaiah 65:17   For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Isaiah 65:18   But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.

Physical Jerusalem will be renewed first, so the world can see the difference, that they are now blessed by the Lord.  After the thousand years they will take part and be present and one with all the saints when the heavens and earth is melted and renewed.

Isaiah 65:19   And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

Isaiah 65:20   There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

Isaiah 65:21   And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

Isaiah 65:22   They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

(they have a long full life)

Isaiah 65:23   They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

(the children they will have)

Isaiah 65:24   And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Isaiah 65:25   The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

That mountain, is the kingdom of God on earth with boundaries, the Jews living inside, and the gentiles live outside the kingdom.  They are enjoying the work of their hands, they are building, planting, eating, having children....all their labours are blessed, and their children blessed, kept safe, for they are living in truth now and working towards their resurrection day at the white throne judgement,  in the meantime bringing in more children, living in peace, and multiplying as the sand of the sea for a thousand years.

I see Isaiah 65:17 beginning a description of the new heavens and a new earth timing, not the Millennium timing. Those verses immediately following it are part of that subject. All the way to the end of that chapter, that's what it's about.

On the "day of the Lord" is going to come a burning also by God's consuming fire, burning man's works off the earth (Isaiah 13; 2 Pet.3:10).

I've already shown you enough Bible Scripture pointing to the end of 'flesh' death on the "day of the Lord". The only... death remaining after Jesus' 2nd coming is death of one's spirit with soul in the future "lake of fire".

4 hours ago, inchrist said:

It makes no literature sense to have companions to be the other 9 tribes

actually it does, but it isn't worth arguing if you can't see it. 

thus companions can only be referring to gentiles.

But there is no evidence that any of their companions are "saved" before they get to this event. Why couldn't their companions be Druse Arabs who have fought bravely for Israel? Maybe several neighboring countries become much closer friends by the time this happens? How about all the Philippinos who serve in their homes, or several African nations who have recently had a revelation about blessing Israel? Certainly there might be a lot of gentiles who are Christians from western nations, but that's the first "companions" who are believers that I've mentioned. 

You seem to think this is a "praise Jesus" event for Christians? 

It's not. It's the day promised to Ezekiel when he was captive in Babylon concerning the reunification of the Tribes of Jacob. 

When the King is here, every person who has put their trust in Him will enjoy their reward and there will no longer be envy of Jacob. The veil over the eyes of the gentiles will be lifted! (Is 25) and the veil over the eyes of Israel will be lifted! (romans 11:26)

But Ephraim is Ephraim. The Nations are the Nations. 

We each are all chosen, yet remain distinct. There are promises made to Jacob that have absolutely nothing to do with the gentiles, except that in the New Covenant we are adopted into the "people of God" (Eph 2 & 3) and their inheritance. That doesn't preclude jew or gentile from having specific calling, and specific promises/rewards.

Ezekial 37, the 2-sticks, is a specific promise to the tribes of Jacob. If you are someone who daily works and lives among those tribes, you could be considered a companion but that term has no theological content as you seem to presume. 

It simply means a very close friend. 

.in fact scriptual evidence Ephraim is to accept the New Covenant.

I don't like using the word accept.  It's christianized slang that doesn't actually appear in the scriptures. I know what you mean and it's fair for communicating, but as you may have noticed I'm a stickler on accurate definitions.

We are only saved by faith. That is biblically defined as strong trust.  It has never been accomplished by simply making a list of theological points and then making mental assent of the "correct" theological explanation. Accept is too nice a word when repentance is the required ingredient. 

That aside, the New Covenant has already begun and there is a remnant of Israel (all tribes) even now. Ezekiel 37 is about where the all Tribes of Jacob are restored, and since they are never moved from the land again after this promise, it appears to be the beginning of the millennial reign, in my opinion, but why couldn't it be happening in front of us now?

We may be able to assume that Yeshua has been revealed to all the Tribes of Jacob before this event in Ezekiel, but it could also be contemporary to Zechariah 12:10, and happen after they've been restored to the nation they were under David

So the point is that the language of the verses leave lots of room for legitimate speculation, and it's fair to do that if you want. I'm just pointing out that there is no link in the scriptures, by the scriptures, to confirm your many, many, many attempts to link Ephraim with Christian gentiles. 

None. Nada. Zip.....except in your imagination, once you've taken a few verses from here and a half sentence from there, as if they were spoken together. 

The first - Parable of the prodical son.

The younger son - scounders his inheritence and dwells amongst pigs. 

Ephraim the younger son scoundered his inheritance and dwells amongst "pigs" worldy gentiles

The younger son repents to his father, and he says  “I am not worthy to be called your son, please let me be a servant.” 

Ephraim repenting to God

EPHRAIM REPENTING. 

Jer 31:18-20

How like a beast was I!
So unaccustom’d to the yoke,
So backward to comply. With grief my just reproach I bear; Shame fills me at the thought, How frequent my rebellions were, What wickedness I wrought.Thy merciful restraint I scorn’d, And left the pleasant road; Yet turn me, and I shall be turn’d; Thou are the Lord my God.

Here God hears the cry of Ephraim....one can only imagin....no..no....no....no.....one can actually see God weeping for joy here

I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning: 'You disciplined me like an unruly calf, and I have been disciplined. Restore me, and I will return, because you are the LORD my God. After I strayed, I repented; after I came to understand, I beat my breast. I was ashamed and humiliated because I bore the disgrace of my youth.Is not Ephraim my dear son, the child in whom I delight? Though I often speak against him, I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for him," declares the LORD.

Father declares to the prodical son you are my son

God calls Ephraim the sons of the living God.

Father in the prodical son killed the fatted calf (atonement)

God had Christ atone for Ephraims sins on the cross

The Second - The parable of the Pharisee and Publican 

OK....all of that is more of the continual mixing of parables and metaphors to create an allegory that suits your narrative, but that is hardly a scriptural link between Ephraim and the prodigal son. 

Turning back to the Father is a parable that applies to all of us.

Yea, that includes Ephraim, too, but it's not a hidden passageway to esoteric knowledge about Ephraim being a code word for "gentile christians" now. 

You are thoroughly refuted.

:laugh:

Ha! Really? Thanks for the belly laugh. You are thoroughly hilarious. 

Ephraim is a model of Christianity

:P

Only in your imagination. Luckily it's a free country.

Edited by heyvavhey

2 hours ago, Salty said:

That of course is wrong, because after God split old Israel into two separate kingdoms, the title "house of Israel" meant only the ten tribes of the northern kingdom under king Jeroboam of Ephraim, its capital at Samaria in the northern lands.

Until they came home from captivity in Assyria and Babylon under the Persian rule of Cyrus. 

Then Israel included all the tribes of Jacob again. 

As in any language, there are words that have multiple meanings and can change over time. I can remember when "gay" meant you were happy, for example. The words "Jew" and "Israel" have several meanings depending on the context. 

You are trying to say that the definition of "Israel" that was commonly used for a few generations between 800-670 BC is the ONLY definition allowed in the 2,500 years since, and it is simply not the case. 

Throughout the Newer Covenant scriptures these words are used interchangeably referring to the same people:

Jews = Israelites = Jacob = the circumcision = the elect

Not a gentile is included in any of those terms. Then you want to say that "companions" in Ez 37 can ONLY be christians and, frankly, there are other options just as possible. 

But it seems that there might be a bigger house of cards created on top of that presumption. 

Edited by heyvavhey