Edited by Mike

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Just a few thoughts.  You want to keep the argument good and on topic - well, I'm not going to argue with you.  I'll just tell you my story.

I'm 55, but when I was 20 and starting my junior year in college, I was such an emotional, mental, and spiritual wreck that I dropped out of college three weeks before the semester was over.  Today I look back at that and say to my young self, "REALLY?!?  Three weeks before the semester ended?  You couldn't handle three more weeks?  Were you that much of a basket case?"

Well....

....yes, I was.

I went back later and finished college and still to this day cannot pinpoint the cause of my being in such an awful place and not caring about anyone or myself and was angry at the world for all the "injustices" I was enduring.

But here's the thing.  It never once occurred to me to blame God for it.  You see, I don't believe God is up there pulling our puppet strings and forcing us to live the lives we do.

Life is life.  You, in giving yourself only two options, have limited yourself terribly.  You have many options.  And - be grateful that you have two.  Some people have none.

Since I was 20 and in that bad place - over the past 35 years I've been in FAR WORSE places than the state I was in at that time.  Sufferings, death, grievous disappointments, sickness, cancer, and other painful obstacles.  And again, I never once felt that God was bullying me or not giving me what I wanted or making my life miserable.

We err greatly when we think that God has to "play" by our rules for him to BE God.

He loves you more than you know and he knows how badly your hurt.