• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

No offence taken, Snow, only surprise that a christian could say that they got a good read out of a writing that maligns the holiness of the The Lord Jesus Christ. I dont care if it is only a novel, it is still blasphemy.

eric.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

I agree 110% with Eric.

It isn't just any work of fiction but it is one that completely changes and maligns the character of our Lord & Savior. Even if I believe the author when he said he never intended it to be taken seriously, the fact of the matter is it was and is being taken seriously.

I wouldn't want a work of fiction published that uses my name and identity but totally changes my character. Would any of you? Why would we think that the Lord feels any different?

I love to read. I read a lot. I have not read nor will I read this book or any book that misrepresents who Jesus Christ is. It was enough to read a synopsis of the book. I would soon rather read a King or Koontz book. ;)

Good on ya' Eric! :8: No offense meant...just my opinion saints. :o

I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Snow4JC aka Snowdoove

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear sister...no offense taken at all. It is just a discussion. It is Okay for us to disagree and explain why.

Bless you,

Wayne

Guest VanessaQuade7
I am sorry if I offended anyone.

Snow4JC aka Snowdoove

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear sister...no offense taken at all. It is just a discussion. It is Okay for us to disagree and explain why.

Bless you,

Wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest VanessaQuade7

Wow, this has been educational, I hadn't heard a thing about this book, I'm glad I read this! Rick Warren however, needs to be avoided like the plague.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/29/1965

I have read the book...

as a request from some one who was non-christian and wanted to discuss the book with some one who was.

It is a thriller that deals with the Holy Grail.

It is based on several of DiVinci's works being in reality codes or messages pertaining to Christ.

It is a really subversive book in that it starts to work into the thoughts and start speculation...

It is not for everyone, and I would recommend if you have friends who wish to discuss either the theology or the art history of the book that you suggest either the Case for Christ by Strobel...or one of the many christian and secular books that explores the fabrication used to build the plot for this novel.

I don't want to spoil the book for those who may be considering reading it, but if you are only inclined to read it out of curiosity I think I would find another book to read.

Dan Brown has said repeatedly that this is a work of fiction and is not meant to be taken as fact, but the manner in which it is written and the subject matter made it prime target for the kind of media hype that has made it a bestseller for over a year now.

Which is probably just what he intended.

Kevin

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Please could someone tell me . in plain language...........what is this book about????????????

Obviously, it is a BAD book, as so many people are agreeing it is blasphmeous,.....but I've never read it.............and I'm curous! :thumbsup:

Yomo

Please could someone tell me . in plain language...........what is this book about????????????

Obviously, it is a BAD book, as so many people are agreeing it is blasphmeous,.....but I've never read it.............and I'm curous! :thumbsup:

Yomo

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: The Da Vinci Code

Hit the link and go to the index where item 7 outlines the criticisms of the book.

The biggest criticism in my opinion is the following... which was enough for me to pass on this book:

"The idea that the purported marriage of Jesus and Mary Magdalene would create a "potent political union": According to the Gospels, Jesus clearly stated that his kingdom "is not of this world"; if, on the other hand, Jesus was merely a "mortal prophet" seeking to establish only a political kingdom, he failed." :thumbsup:

The book implies that the Holy Grail was really Mary Magdalene, who the book characterizes as "of royal descent (through the Jewish House of Benjamin) and was the wife of Jesus, of the House of David. That she was a prostitute was a slander invented by the Church to obscure their true relationship. At the time of the Crucifixion, she was pregnant. After the Crucifixion, she fled to Gaul, where she was sheltered by the Jews of Marseilles. She gave birth to a daughter, named Sarah. The bloodline of Jesus and Mary Magdalene became the Merovingian dynasty of France. " :emot-hug:

Jesus married a prostitute and had a daughter???????

That's enough heresy for me. Junk...pure irresponsible junk.

It is wrong to mischaracterize any real person, living or dead, regardless of the genre of the book (fiction or historical). It is much more wrong considering that Jesus Christ is the Savior of all mankind!!!

Be Blessed,

Wayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Thankyou, Saved by Grace, that has been a help! :wub: That is awful! trying to say that JESUS CRHIST married a prostitute, and had a daughter???????????????! Jesus Christ, Savior of the world????????

I think the man who wrote that, is out of his mind!!!

OOOOOOOooooh..........I feel.......... :thumbsup::thumbsup::emot-hug: