• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

I concur that cults are a mission field at our doorsteps. We must be prepared though. If we are not, it is wiser not to risk confusion, deception, and our families spiritual welfare. If you are well informed, they will actually x off your house and not come back. They are argumentative at the best of times, but simply must respect your time and property if you insist firmly. Go on the offensive with Scripture about the person and work of Christ. Don't get sidetracked about war, Christmas, 1914, etc.

Incidently, they will not salute the Flag, so make it a condition to dialogue. Praying the Gospel will probably keep them away ironically. Be firm and vibrant in your faith, and they will leave you alone. Is that what we really want though? Better to study and pray and share to reach these precious people with the truth.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

Shilou,

Whether you are a member of a certain denomination or non denominational isn't the point here.  Jehovah Witnesses are a cult.  They have taken key Scripture that shows Jesus as God out of their own bibles.  That is, in most instances.  I can't seem to find the verses right now, but with a little research on the net, you could end up witnessing to them with their own Bible.  Basically, when you do that you accomplish a couple of things. 1. you spread the true Gospel of Jesus and 2. they usually say they need to go talk to one of their elders, and they will come back later.  Once confronted with the truth like that, they rarely return.

Keep on living for the Lord.

Hi guys

Thanks I actually tried to show them scripture, as in what they were reading out of their Bible was different then mine. I got pooh, poohed. The idea of trying to witness to them did cross my mind, but alas I was not allowed to speak. Their age really threw me off because I expected them to be nice and polite, but when I called the woman to tell her not to come she actually got mean about it. I ended up listening to her for a good fifteen minutes before I had to force an interuption and tell her she was being rude. That got her off the phone but not before she informed me I was condemned. I found that the biggest obstacle to trying to witness to these people is that I can't use my Bible, it is meaningless to them as they have re-written it. If they show up this Thursday I'll just have to be a bit more assertive. It's hard when you have this thing in you that automatically says this is your elder show respect. Thanks for all the feedback.

Love in Yeshua

Shilou

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

I understand the respecting your elders Shilou, and I would not stoop to the level of being rude back, although its tempting. Either witness to them, or don't but you don't have to be rude or disrespectful for them to get the hint. I usually invite them to church with me, so they may see what I believe, and tell them thank you for trying to share what you believe to be the truth, but that I don't agree with them, especially regarding the Lordship of Jesus. That they aren't going to convince me no matter how hard they try that Jesus isn't God, because his resurrection proves his diety. Once they realize you know what you are talking about, they either will begin a Bible drill with you, or leave. Often if you just tell them you are too busy for a Bible drill right now, they will leave and bring back help next time, LOL.

They are invading your space, and time, so asking them to leave is not rude, though. I have had Mormon missionaries at my door, and they are 2 men, so all I have to say is: My husband is not home right now, so I can't talk to you, and they leave.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

Shilou,

As I stated in my earlier comment, the JW bible actually has some verses that their omission editors overlooked.  You can witness to them by making interrogative observations to them by this means.  They will be unable to answer your questions, such as "if God cannot die, who is this resurrection referring to?  I wish that I could remember what passage that is in, but I am sure you can find it somewhere.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Shilou,

I would get a good book on JWs...it will empower you to understand them and all the doctrinal error.  But to prepare I would become extremely well versed in the exegesis of just a few passages dealing with the Diety of Christ.  They are least prepared to discuss this doctrine.  A good foundation is Isaiah 44:6 and Rev 1:8.  If you allow them to steer the conversation they will go to the topics they are experts at.

- Steve

Guest KiwiBird

G'day Shilou.  What ever you do it wont be as bad as what I did when the JW's came.  I had it all planned.  A cool tape by an ex JW to explain every detail to them.  A smooth introduction package to the Christian faith via my 'Super Spiritual' selling techinique.  I was ready to convert them, sinners prayer in hand  :thumb: .  However, they had other ideas.  And at the finish I had been reduced to behaving at my daughters age,  six years old....fingers in ears....eyes closed, saying, 'I can't hear you!  I can't hear you!' because I was totally flustered at the failure of my plan and their always trying to have the last word.  My daughter watched me in bewilderment and the JW's looked at me pretty strange too.  However, there is no substitue for seeking the Lord.  I believe these people are searching, just like us.  They love the Lord and want to be in relationship with Him.  And although I don't agree with their doctrine, I admire their committment, however misguided.  My advice?....sorry, I don't have any...well, apart from asking the Holy Spirit to fill your mouth.  That is a promise we have that we sometimes under-utilise.  But it is up to you and God is teaching you through these events, as He did me.  Blessings and I pray your next meeting is a victorious one...not necessarily in how they respond...but more in how you respond.  Am I babbling??? oh yeah...time to go.... KiwiBird