• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,573
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 5:44 AM, loving precious jesus said:

Why can't it be just about experiencing the love of God? Why not just about knowing the Holy Spirit, living by the wisdom in the Bible?

Instead, new believers have to feel guilty about their Sin. Let's be honest, most people are not sinners but are struggling. They struggle in their jobs, their finances, their health etc. 

They struggle to pay the bills, to find someone who actually cares about them.

They feel normal human emotions like anger, frustrations, hate, even lust. 

Why is that evil?

Now such a person would love to experience the love of Jesus & the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

But to reach there, they first have to confess their sins, feel bad about themselves. 

It is almost as if sin is the key concept in the Bible.

My parents know me with all my shortcomings. They still love me, and never ask me to confess my so called "sins" everyday for them to love me. Why is it different with God the Father then?

If Christianity was more about spreading the love and forgiveness of Jesus, and less about the condemnation of Sin - we would have lot more believers. Who doesn't want God as a personal friend?

And just for the sake of argument, here is what other religions say on the topic of sin:

Hinduism: The concept of Sin doesn't even exists. They have more of a guidelines about living an ethical life.
Islam: The concept of Sin exists, and good deeds must be performed regularly to outweight the quota of sin in a person's life.
Buddhism: The concept of Sin doesn't exists. "Paapa" or "Punya" are towards another person, whereas Biblical Sin is against God.

Just to make it clear, I am not supporting Sin. I do believe in working with the Holy Spirit to get rid of the sins, as God and Sin cannot co-exist.

However, my problem is specifically about people having to confess themselves as sinners every day, even though their so called "sins" would be something as insignificant as getting up late in the morning.

You cannot preach about the love of God without preaching about sin and repentance. The two go hand in hand.

Of course sin will make you feel guilty; its not supposed to make you feel good.

If you preach the love of God but without preaching about the evils of sin and its consequences you aren't preaching the gospel at all.

Because how can people turn and be saved from their sin if you don't tell them the truth about sin?

I hope you aren't one of those who listen to those prosperity preachers who don't preach about sin and repentance

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/16/2017 at 4:44 AM, loving precious jesus said:

Why can't it be just about experiencing the love of God? Why not just about knowing the Holy Spirit, living by the wisdom in the Bible?

Instead, new believers have to feel guilty about their Sin. Let's be honest, most people are not sinners but are struggling. They struggle in their jobs, their finances, their health etc. 

Why is that evil?

Now such a person would love to experience the love of Jesus & the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

But to reach there, they first have to confess their sins, feel bad about themselves. 

My parents know me with all my shortcomings. They still love me, and never ask me to confess my so called "sins" everyday for them to love me. Why is it different with God the Father then?

If Christianity was more about spreading the love and forgiveness of Jesus, and less about the condemnation of Sin - we would have lot more believers. Who doesn't want God as a personal friend?

And just for the sake of argument, here is what other religions say on the topic of sin:

Hinduism: The concept of Sin doesn't even exists. They have more of a guidelines about living an ethical life.
Islam: The concept of Sin exists, and good deeds must be performed regularly to outweight the quota of sin in a person's life.
Buddhism: The concept of Sin doesn't exists. "Paapa" or "Punya" are towards another person, whereas Biblical Sin is against God.

Just to make it clear, I am not supporting Sin. I do believe in working with the Holy Spirit to get rid of the sins, as God and Sin cannot co-exist.

However, my problem is specifically about people having to confess themselves as sinners every day, even though their so called "sins" would be something as insignificant as getting up late in the morning.

I would submit that not all Christians focus on sin. While Christianity is a means by which the sinner overcomes their fallen nature and achieves rebirth and renewal through the grace of God. And faith in His only Son Jesus. 

Sin is a factor in Christianity because it is that which if not overcome results in an eternity separated from Father God. That being said, there are many born again Christians like myself. Who focus on God, Jesus, and follow where the Father's indwelling Holy Spirit leads. Enjoying life to the fullest while in the righteous hand of our Lord and Savior, this world beset on all sides by the enemy of our Father, Satan, is easier to travel knowing in the end light conquers evil. And God and his people shall prevail. 

All of that security in the eternal promise of our Father cannot begin until we die to the world's spirit that is sin, wrong doing, acting contrary to what is right and righteous. And because Jesus came to deliver us from sin that is why Christianity addresses that which first separates us from God. Once we are reborn in the spirit of truth through our faith and God's grace, we can live as the newly arisen righteous children of the most high God. Living in the assurance of eternal salvation, eternal life, and as we attune to the guidance of God's Holy Spirit sealed within us we walk in this world as the example in our behavior of what Jesus was called to do. Save us from that which would let us satisfy the flesh, the carnal, the hedonistic spirit that perfumes this world with temptations away from the righteous path. 

Ours is a relationship with God. We're family. :)  Welcome to the forum. May our Father's grace light the path and may his blessings be ever present in the lives of his saints. Amen. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 3/16/2017 at 3:44 AM, loving precious jesus said:

Why is that evil?

Sin by its purest definition is opposition to God.

How can we experience God in any way until we first deal with sin?