Khristeeanos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,278
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

I know that the Jewish Sabbath was Saturday, right?

Well, I have also heard that the Jewish people considered the evening to be the next day.

So does that mean that the Jewish Sabbath was from Sundown/Evening on Friday until Sundown/Evening on Saturday?

Or maybe even Sundown/Evening on Saturday to Sundown/Evening on Sunday.

Which is it? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Hi Dime,

When the sunsets, that is actually the beginning of the next day. ("And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." Genesis 1:5)

The Sabbath is considered to be the 24 hour period from sunset friday until sunset saturday.

I hope this answers your question.

Hi Dime,

When the sunsets, that is actually the beginning of the next day. ("And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." Genesis 1:5)     

The Sabbath is considered to be the 24 hour period from sunset friday until sunset saturday.

I hope this answers your question.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope this doesn't offend any people who belong to a Sabbath Day church, but I know that there are people like Seventh Day Adventists who keep the Sabbath and some maybe even consider it a fellowship/salvation issue.

Do they keep the Sabbath from Friday evening to Saturday evening?

Yes, it is Friday evening until Saturday evening.

This is why Paul would meet for fellowship on the first day of the week (Saturday night) with the gentiles. He had either taken Sabbath off or was teaching in the synagogue/church.

This is also why he came by "on the first day of the week" for the collection to be given to the poor jewish saints of Jerusalem. He wouldn't think of traveling or doing business on the Sabbath.

Guest shiloh357
Hi Dime,

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Hi Dime,

Hey Dime, the SDA's do consider it a salvation issue. However, we Messianic Jews/Gentiles  who possess a "Sabbath-positive" view point, do not consider it a salvation issue.  We go out of our way to make that point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey shiloh. Thanks for your response.

I don't think I have ever heard of "Sabbath-positive" before.

Guest GarySaved

It does not matter which day you give to the Lord. It is what is in your heart that matters.

In Romans 14, beginning on verse 5:

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.

Our entire life should be given to the Lord. Make every day Holy.

Gary

It does not matter which day you give to the Lord.  It is what is in your heart that matters.

In Romans 14, beginning on verse 5:

One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.  He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.

Our entire life should be given to the Lord.  Make every day Holy.

Gary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I see your point and agree with you, but I am (was?) trying to figure out when the original Sabbath was. :huh: