IGNORED

Clones

Budman

Guest D Smith

Kitten,,,,I think most people would have to really think hard before they get a clone as it does seem kinda funny ,,,

But in the future we cant say for sure how we will think of the chance to raise a clone of oneself..

My point of my posts was just to rid my readers of the idea that a clone is somehow> lesser" in God's eyes than others appear...

once a person believes that a clone is looked down on by God as being somehow un natural, that this would give the person the idea to treat a clone as a 2nd class human....

thats why we in the Christian Church must be Very clear that we believe that clones are our equals in every way, they are to be seen by the people in their familys as just a twin,,,,and by the church as just another soul to save,,,,,nothing more, nothing less

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest D Smith

Gerioke....Im new here, I have not met this dale guy yet,,,however from what you tell me about him, he sounds very smart...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Kitten,,,,I think most people would have to really think hard before they get a clone as it does seem kinda funny ,,,

But in the future we cant say for sure how we will think of the chance to raise a clone of oneself..

My point of my posts was just to rid my readers of the idea that a clone is somehow> lesser" in God's eyes than others appear...

once a person believes that a clone is looked down on by God as being somehow un natural, that this would give the person the idea to treat a clone as a 2nd class human....

thats why we in the Christian Church must be Very clear that we believe that clones are our equals in every way, they are to be seen by the people in their familys as just a twin,,,,and by the church as just another soul to save,,,,,nothing more, nothing less

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You speak of clones as if they already walk amongst us.

Am I missing something here?

I know CNN is not much for reporting the news but I woulda thought I would here something.

And yes Dale was pretty smart. Unfortunately he was also misguided.

Guest shiloh357
No you are missing my point...

Im telling you how to view a clone....You should view your clone as your brother or sister,,,because thats what they are,,,,they are your twin....

The moment you try to say that a clone is "different" or lesser then you open the door to all kinds of evil ,,,

Im sure when people owned slaves in history , that they always were quick to point out how the slave was "different" in some way than the person who owned the slave...

It was not until most people understood the slave was infact a brother that the slave trade came to an end...

thats why Im telling you that unless you see your clone as equal to you and the same as a twin,, you dont understand what a clone is...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But a clone isn't a twin. It is an identical reproduction of yourself. Twins occur naturally. A clone is manufactured. I am just curious if there is enough science to back up your claim that a clone is a "twin" I am just curious... if we looked at the genetic makeup of twins and the genetic make up a person and his clone, if they would both look like twins, or if there would be a difference. Even identical twins are not absolutely identical.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

a clone is just a twin,,,there is no difference at all,,,,anyone who says different is  in need of a bit more study,,,

turning clones into 2nd class people in some or any way is sinfull,,,You people need to really think about what you are saying,,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:emot-handshake: thinking about what I'm saying..

Guest D Smith

ok,,,,

one more time...

Lets pretend that you have both an identical twin and a clone....

The Fact is that there is no way to tell the difference between the two of them, and the two of them and you....You are share the very same DNA,,,thats why we call them an identical twin, or a clone...the DNA is the same as yours,,,,

If there is a difference at all,,,then the one is not an identical twin, or the other is not a true clone...

Thus there is no way to disagree with what I have written....

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I disagree based on it being unethical , & immoral practice.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Isnt the question here is who created life? Cann't only God create life? Thus, if a clone is made, did God create it, or man?

Mark

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

What if the clone was a gay narcissist? could he fall in love with his host? Could he fall in love with himself? This would be great stuff for Days of our lives

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

No you are missing my point...

Im telling you how to view a clone....You should view your clone as your brother or sister,,,because thats what they are,,,,they are your twin....

I got your point.

I acknowledged before that your point was about how we should regard clones.

I just disagree with your attitude about this issue.

Your statement ignores the consequences and potential consequences of cloning.

Your statement fails to consider what becomes of the "failed attempts."

Your statement has no consideration for how the clone may feel about being a clone.

Your attitude seems to indicate that there is nothing wrong or dangerous about cloning.

Even sci-fi isn't so blind about that!

Cloning opens more can of worms than we want to deal with.

Lets pretend that you have both an identical twin and a clone....

The Fact is that there is no way to tell the difference between the two of them,

Yes, there is a way to tell the difference.

Unless the clone of me was made while I was still in the womb, the clone will be a lot younger than me.

Which takes me back to my question . . .

Would you really consider a clone your twin or your offspring?