Sir W Dakotah

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Going back through the book of Revelations, and remembering some of mans teachings. Where does it say the Two witnesses will be anything but Two Witnesses? Where does it say that it will be Elijah, and Moses? Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah who was sent before him crying in the wilderness Repent for the Day of the Lord is at hand.

I went back and reread Revelations, and I don't see anything in there about these being prophets who come back to earth.

Are we adding to the book of Revelations?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Going back through the book of Revelations, and remembering some of mans teachings. Where does it say the Two witnesses will be anything but Two Witnesses? Where does it say that it will be Elijah, and Moses? Jesus said that John the Baptist was Elijah who was sent before him crying in the wilderness Repent for the Day of the Lord is at hand.

I went back and reread Revelations, and I don't see anything in there about these being prophets who come back to earth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greetings Sir W Dakotah,

To understand what the two witnesses are, you must understand what the two candlesticks and two olive trees are.

Let's first examine the "lampstands" IN CONTEXT by understanding what is being said here. So let's look at:

Revelation 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

A "candlestick" is basically a "light that shines in the darkness" namely in the above, the seven churches, but after Rev 3, we do not see the 7 churches, we see only TWO candlesticks. When we look at Romans 9-11 and Eph 1-3, we can see that the TWO candlesticks are the two groups of Israel and Gentiles. In essence I see represented the Torah or the Law of Moses and Jesus and the Grace Covenant.

As both are united in Christ, they become one in ministry in those days.

So who are the two Olive Trees? Again let me refer to:

Romans 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Romans 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

In these two verses we see the "natural olive tree" and the "wild olive tree", pertaining to the Jews and the Gentiles.

So you are correct, those who would conclude that these are two men, specifically REINCARNATED men, such as Elijah and Moses or Enoch, are ADDING to the scriptures.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  2,986
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rev. 11:3-12

And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.

These will be men.

Dad Ernie, and Rollin Thunder,

I want to thank you both for adding to this conversation. It is very helpful.

Rollin Thunder didn't Jesus say that John the Baptist was that prophet Elijah? Does it actually say that Elijah will have to appear before his second coming too. The San Hedrin is looking for that prophet.

If there is a prophet Elijah pointing to any other Messiah besides Jesus, then we know that it is a false Elijah. Thereby a false prophet.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

As was given in an earlier reply:

Rev (was it chapter 11?) verse 6: These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

My thoughts:

Elijah was famous in the OT for praying to shut up the sky, while Moses was famous for the plagues on Egypt (not that either man actually did such things, but they acted as the LORD told them to do). So I assume it is from that, and from the pair of them appearing with Jesus during the Transfiguration, that people have thought that perhaps the two witnesses would be these two men.

I don't think necessarily they would BE the two men come back from the dead. Jesus said that John the Baptist fulfilled the prophecy about Elijah coming before the Messiah - so men who are LIKE Moses and Elijah would be enough to fulfill this. IMO

Sheya

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Sir W. Dakota:

First, let's get my little pet peeve out of the way....there is no such book as Revenations. It is the Revelation.

If you look in the books of Habakkuk and Zechariah, you'll find references to Zerubbabel and Joshua the High Priest, and interesting references to 'two olive trees' and 'two candlesticks'.

Leonard

Sir W. Dakota:

First, let's get my little pet peeve out of the way....there is no such book as Revenations.  It is the Revelation.

If you look in the books of Habakkuk and Zechariah, you'll find references to Zerubbabel and Joshua the High Priest, and interesting references to 'two olive trees' and 'two candlesticks'. 

Leonard

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Leonard,

Yes I understand about Revelation, I have heard Chuck Missler and others go off on the same thing :noidea:

Thank you for the scripture references Zechriah is one of my favorites I will go back and take a fresh look at that.

Greetings,

I just want to comment about Elijah:

REGARDING JOHN THE BAPTIST:

Luke 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

John 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

JB was in the "spirit and power of Elias", AND he was the forerunner of Christ to "Make straight the way of the Lord."

THE COMING OF ELIJAH:

Matthew 17:10-11 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come? 11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

What is not complete today is the "Temple of God" that Christ is currently building. (See Eph 2:22). This will be at the "fulness of both Jew and Gentile" and God will manifest Himself very powerfully when this occurs through the testimony of these Two Witnesses. The Elijah "spirit" shall be upon believing Jews and Gentiles, just as the Shekanah Glory was upon the Holy of Holies in the OT.

Consider:

Romans 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

Romans 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

I see vs. 15 as a reference to the soon event of the First Resurrection.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Greetings Why So Blind,

We already see at the Mt. of Transfiguration that Elijah appeared "in His glory". Well then you refer to: "It is appointed unto men once to die..." but then you conspicuously avoid the event of the rapture when "those who are alive and remain shall be caught up". The fact is that Elijah and Enoch and those that will be raptured HAD to be changed from their mortal body (natural bodies) into SPIRITUAL bodies, otherwise they would not be able to get into heaven. You may want to consider again 1 Cor 15.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie