• Group:  Royal Member *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  10,596
  • Content Per Day:  3.65
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

...It amazes me the amount of just pure, blind, animosity people have towards him.

Not really any different than some people had towards Bush II or Obama.  It is the new normal.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I think this is actually a good thing. One of the biggest issues we had with Obama is he wouldn't work with the GOP. period.

He didn't need to work with the gop.  He had the lockstep democrats, 90 percent of the media, the intelligentsia, and most of the culture at large.

And now we have a GOP that won't work with anyone including Trump

The gop is on the fastrack to irrelevance - they're just too stupid to realize it yet.  They've shown in the past they do not know how to be an opposition party. Now they're showing they don't know how to be a governing party, either.  

trump needs to do something and instead of doing the normal loss everyone off thing he's been typically doing, he's now trying to work together with the other side. I'm not sure the plans the best but at least he's trying.

'The other side' he is trying to work with is the ruling party, which includes Ds and most Rs.  While I'm convinced nothing good will come from this shotgun marriage, it will be revealing to see which prevails in the end:

Can the 'ruling party' put its hatred of Trump aside long enough to pass the same agenda it would have gotten anyway with Jeb or Hillary?

Does hatred of Trump 'trump' the opportunity to advance a statist agenda?  Stay tuned . . . 

What amazes me is if trump does things his own way he gets bashed for not working with others. Then if he tries to work with others he gets bashed for that, and often by the same people. It amazes me the amount of just pure, blind, animosity people have towards him.

I get laughed at for saying that Trump is an outsider, but he is.  Therefore, he not only gets the standard hatred an R president usually gets (from the Ds and the media); he's getting the additional hatred from the establishment Rs (which is most of them in Congress).

Hatred raised to the nth degree.

Blessings,

-Ed

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

35 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1981 said:

He didn't need to work with the gop.  He had the lockstep democrats, 90 percent of the media, the intelligentsia, and most of the culture at large.

The gop is on the fastrack to irrelevance - they're just too stupid to realize it yet.  They've shown in the past they do not know how to be an opposition party. Now they're showing they don't know how to be a governing party, either.  

'The other side' he is trying to work with is the ruling party, which includes Ds and most Rs.  While I'm convinced nothing good will come from this shotgun marriage, it will be revealing to see which prevails in the end:

Can the 'ruling party' put its hatred of Trump aside long enough to pass the same agenda it would have gotten anyway with Jeb or Hillary?

Does hatred of Trump 'trump' the opportunity to advance a statist agenda?  Stay tuned . . . 

I get laughed at for saying that Trump is an outsider, but he is.  Therefore, he not only gets the standard hatred an R president usually gets (from the Ds and the media); he's getting the additional hatred from the establishment Rs (which is most of them in Congress).

Hatred raised to the nth degree.

Blessings,

-Ed

I don't necessarily think his budget plan with the democrats is all that great, I just think if we want a united country again, then both sides need to learn to play nice with each other.

I was also pointing out that the same people blasting trump for going lone wolf are now blasting him for at least trying to be a team player. Its shows how much they hate him, that it doesn't matter what he does they're gonna blindly hate him for it.

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Running Gator said:

Not really any different than some people had towards Bush II or Obama.  It is the new normal.

Not true, there is absolutely no comparison.  No one was calling for either Obama or Bush to be impeached or for their death.  The hatred for Trump is unprecedented where presidents are concerned.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,727
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Not true, there is absolutely no comparison.  No one was calling for either Obama or Bush to be impeached or for their death.  The hatred for Trump is unprecedented where presidents are concerned.

I was calling for Obama's impeachment and I remember you making a few comments along that line...so there is that. But, there is a big difference between saying he should be impeached and wishing him dead.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,924
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

17 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I don't necessarily think his budget plan with the democrats is all that great, I just think if we want a united country again, then both sides need to learn to play nice with each other.

I don't think a 'unified' country is the norm - except in economic crisis' (the Great Depression); world wars; or events like 9/11.  Although I will say that I also think we're more divided now than at any time since the Civil War.  

As far as both sides 'playing nice' - again, I only see one side (the uni-party based in DC and Wall St.) vs. most of the rest of us.  McCain and his ilk are always whining about the lack of 'bipartisanship' - which feeds into the false dichotomy of there being an actual schism between Ds an Rs.  

When we 'get' that bipartisanship, watch out!  Grab your wallet!  If you're one of the producing class, it's gonna cost you!

17 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I was also pointing out that the same people blasting trump for going lone wolf are now blasting him for at least trying to be a team player. Its shows how much they hate him, that it doesn't matter what he does they're gonna blindly hate him for it.

The real reason they're blasting Trump is because he's an outsider.  I've said this on other threads but I'll repeat it here.  Trump - by virtue of the fact he is a billionaire - was an establishment insider.  Had he stopped there, he'd still be a member in good standing - like other billionaires Bill Gates and Warren Buffet.  The kind of billionaires who - when they DO talk things political, always spout the official party line:  Open borders; global warming is going to kill us all; Planned Parenthood is wonderful - you know the rest.

Trump however went off the reservation, and went way farther than anyone ever dreamed (myself included) in becoming POTUS.

So - no matter what he does, TRUMP. CANNOT. BE. ALLOWED. TO. SUCCEED.

Even if it means utter chaos until Trump is gone and an establishment person replaces him.

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357
38 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I was calling for Obama's impeachment and I remember you making a few comments along that line...so there is that. But, there is a big difference between saying he should be impeached and wishing him dead.

Yes, I pointed out Obama's impeachable offenses, but I am talking the groundswell of calls for Trump's impeachment by elected officials and the death threats and suggestions of assassination by both celebrities and the MSM the day after he was elected all the way to inauguration day, which was completely unprecedented.  I am not talking about average Americans