• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

20 minutes ago, Cobalt1959 said:

Predestined only applies to anyone in the fact that God knows, ahead of time who will choose to serve Him and who will not.  It does not mean that God individually chooses, ahead of time, who He will allow to choose Him and who He will not allow to choose Him.  "Predestined," in the way you are using the term, would preclude the existence of free will.

I see where many get predestined messed up.    WHAT IS predestined is that CHRIST would be GODS PLAN FOR THE WORLD , how anyone could be saved.

While it is also true that GOD KNOWS who will reject and who will accept it.    But we don't.  so we preach to all.   

I see a pattern developing here just as Cobalt did. 

I also see that you do not back up what you say unless you post from someone elses site .   I see mostly your words without scripture.  Im out! 

• Group:  Mars Hill

3 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

I see where many get predestined messed up.    WHAT IS predestined is that CHRIST would be GODS PLAN FOR THE WORLD , how anyone could be saved.

While it is also true that GOD KNOWS who will reject and who will accept it.    But we don't.  so we preach to all.   

IT was predestined that ONLY THOSE IN CHRIST WOULD BE SAVED.  AKA.............GOD would send the SON to be the savoir of the world.

BUT only those who come to HIM will be saved.  AMEN.

Just now, Cobalt1959 said:

I understand this.  He does not.  No one who felt they were not predestined would preach the particular erroneous view of salvation.  

I thought you did.   be blessed.

3 minutes ago, Blueyedjewel said:

I see a pattern developing here just as Cobalt did. 

I also see that you do not back up what you say unless you post from someone elses site .   I see mostly your words without scripture.  Im out! 

AMEN , its time to flee .      I pray for this man to return back to only biblical reading and flee what men twist and try and make sense out of it.  Be blessed

jewels .  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  612
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

If free will were a myth, so would be love; you cannot have  true love without free will, as love can only come through choosing to love someone. It cannot be forced.

Keep in mind: Joshua asked Israel "Choose this day whom you will serve" in the book of Joshua. If free will did not exist, he would not have said that, and most of history as we know it would not exist.

Please allow me to clarify when I say free will is a myth I'm only referring to man embracing the gospel before he/she is born again, man is DEAD in trespasses and sins, he/she is born a hater of God under the power of the spirit of the air. The Jesus explains it well when He says Nicodemus as a natural man did not receive what He preached to him because he was NOT born again.

Eph 2:1  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

19 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

YES FREE WILL is NOT A MYTH.    Rather odd , if their is no free will, then how come paul says OBEY THE SPIRIT.  oh we have a choice.   he will unction us to obey

but if we heed not that unction, NOW THAT IS ON US.  we have free will .   Grace does not come to us by our free will. THAT WOULD BE TRUE TOO.

But whether we continue in HIM, our free will comes into to action.  CHOOSE YE THIS DAY whom you shall serve , AND I DIE DAILY.   well now that sure shows

we have a will . SO I say FOLLOW THE HOLY SPIRIT , obey its UNCTIONS and its DESIRES it places in us.  DO IT DAILEY. amen.

Please allow me to clarify when I say free will is a myth I'm only referring to man embracing the gospel before he/she is born again, man is DEAD in trespasses and sins, he/she is born a hater of God under the power of the spirit of the air. The Jesus explains it well when He says Nicodemus as a natural man did not receive what He preached to him because he was NOT born again.

Eph 2:1  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;
Eph 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Eph 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
Eph 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

20 hours ago, Blueyedjewel said:

Time does NOT APPLY TO GOD. God is all knowing. He knew who would be regenerated because God knows everything ahead of time. It is NOT because he cherry picks humanity

Id hardly call Matt Slick the authority on anything!! 

2nd Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

Sister, please look at the beginning of the chapter to see who the subject is, it's the Beloved, NOT all humans. :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

On 12.09.2017 at 2:14 AM, Robert William said:

Amazing Horse, so much abuse of scripture, let's start with 2 Peter 3:9, who is the "us"? Look at the beginning of second Peter chapter three, the subject is the beloved, NOT all humans!

! John 2:2 is referring to the world of believers, and who can believe? You are completely bypassing the fall of man.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned

So you say that 1 John 2:2 is refering to believers only?

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

I didn't know whole world was believing in Christ when he died for them , if so why Jews murder Jesus if they were believing in him? I'm sorry for you Calvinism and limited atonement but you can't escape this verse no matter how hard you try .

Just now, Amazing Horse said:

So you say that 1 John 2:2 is refering to believers only?

And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

I didn't know whole world was believing in Christ when he died for them , if so why Jews murder Jesus if they were believing in him? I'm sorry for you Calvinism and limited atonement but you can't escape this verse no matter how hard you try .

That's the world of believers, scripture does not preach universal salvation.