• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1993

To rest in God is His will for us. To be still in His presence and be confident in Him and His power are what He truly wants us to be. He has counseled us about this long time ago, that when we rest in Him, He will save and strengthen us (Is. 30:15). But the world had taught us to run elsewhere to get help. We had learned to rely on tangible things to quieten our souls and momentarily bring peace to our minds, not quite grasping the truth about God and what He is able to do. For with God all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)

Friend, are you looking for rest for your weary soul? Rest for your sick body or unquiet mind? The Lord Jesus is bidding you. He says, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Mat. 10:28)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

8 hours ago, Benevolent said:

To rest in God is His will for us. To be still in His presence and be confident in Him and His power are what He truly wants us to be. He has counseled us about this long time ago, that when we rest in Him, He will save and strengthen us (Is. 30:15). But the world had taught us to run elsewhere to get help. We had learned to rely on tangible things to quieten our souls and momentarily bring peace to our minds, not quite grasping the truth about God and what He is able to do. For with God all things are possible. (Mark 10:27)

Friend, are you looking for rest for your weary soul? Rest for your sick body or unquiet mind? The Lord Jesus is bidding you. He says, “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Mat. 10:28)

Good stuff Belevolent.   My lady describes that rest as...."picture yourself leaning back into Him, His arms around you holding you snugly.  You feel his breath on your hair and the warmth of His nearness warming you."  

We do have a hard time taking our hands off the controls.  It takes effort.  Effort that sometimes we are reluctant to take.   The Word, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Father says we need to strive to enter into that rest.    So.....?

Hebrews 4:10-12 (CJB)

10 For the one who has entered God’s rest has also rested from his own works, as God did from his. 11 Therefore, let us do our best to enter that rest; so that no one will fall short because of the same kind of disobedience.

12 See, the Word of God is alive! It is at work and is sharper than any double-edged sword — it cuts right through to where soul meets spirit and joints meet marrow, and it is quick to judge the inner reflections and attitudes of the heart.

• Praise God! 1