• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

so I watch other christian artist and they just seem to have it all together.

I have mediocre times with God, which I think all christians do,( where i might be slacking in my bible reading, and am not really praying like i should).

Hi, there!

First, since Yod is actually experienced in this area, I'd heed his council.

Second, these two comments jumped out at me.

There's many pitfalls in comparing your walk with others and your ministry with others. I don't know what you mean about "watching Christian artists", but be careful about this.

But the "mediocre times with God" does sound like a hinderance. You can only minister what is in your heart to give. If your walk with the Lord is out of whack, then how can you be His channel?

Since I can't see you on stage, I can't critique your singing and stuff. But I'll share this and ask yourself if it applies.

When you sing a song whose words are directed towards the Lord - do you sing to the Lord or to the audience?

When you sing a song whose words are directed at the people, are you "singing to them in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody in your heart before the Lord," or are you "just singing?"

There's a difference between, "God bless you!" and "God bless you!"

(Not sure if it comes out right in typing :whistling: .)

I know of one Christian musician whom the Lord had spend time with Him (on a regular basis) by facing the wall and playing his guitar until he could learn to worship through his guitar playing. Once he learned, he didn't want to stop facing the wall!

But that experience totally transformed his ministry.

May you find your secret place in the Lord!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I have mediocre times with God, which I think all christians do,( where i might be slacking in my bible reading, and am not really praying like i should).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This sentence just stood out to me. Do you truly believe that ALL Christians have mediocre times with God? If so, perhaps that is part of your problem. Perhaps you have come to accept mediocrity in your Christian life and ministry and you do not truly believe you can have an exceptional relationship with Jesus Christ that is reflected through your daily living, including through your music. Satan has obviously sold you a bill of goods. And, Christ Jesus wants to show you his truth in this.

I truly believe that there are others on here who have exceptional relationships with Jesus Christ besides me, so I am not patting myself on the back here as being better than anyone else. I give all the glory to Christ, for great things he has done. Every day I wake up talking with my Lord and I talk with him throughout the day just as though he is right there beside me all day long. I spend at least an hour each day in his word, and prayer is continuous throughout the day. He is on my mind and in my heart when I go to sleep at night and I hear his voice even in my dreams. In other words, I live and breathe my relationship with Jesus each day. Following him wherever he leads me is what is central in my thinking. This does not mean I live a perfect life, but I strive to be perfect as he is perfect. I am still human, but I don't use my humaness as an excuse for wrong behavior.

The key to having an exceptional relationship with Jesus Christ is the same as the key to any exceptional relationship. You have to spend time with the person you are wanting to get to know. You have to ask him questions and you have to listen for his answers, which means reading his word daily, but not just reading it, feasting on it like the best meal you have ever tasted in your life. Drink it in. And, then do what it says. Share the word and your relationship with Jesus with others. Take the principles taught in scripture and apply them to your daily living. When you do, you will find that you are no longer living a mediocre Christian life, but you will have the joy and freedom in Christ to be who God created you to be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

First, since Yod is actually experienced in this area, I'd heed his council.

:whistling: My thoughts exactly. God will never lead you in one direction and your spouse in another. You two are one in God's eyes. :noidea: Submit it to prayer and when you do sing? Do it to glorify the Lord, an audience of ONE. :)

He is also looking for those who are humble enough to submit to the authority He has placed in their lives.

Rebellion against your spouse is a major red flag. My wife was very wrong in some of the things she did to hold me back from ministry. I accepted it as from the Lord.

She is now my biggest advocate and we are in complete agreement. There would have been a divorce had I gone on ahead without waiting on the Lord to change her heart.

Toddlermom might be getting this doubt for a legitimate reason. We just don't know from the single post she has given....so it would be better to err on the side of caution.

A music ministry is not the same thing as singing for the joy of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just reread Toddlermom's post, and I don't see anywhere that she indicates that she is not in submission to her husband and I especially don't see any way that she has indicated rebellion against her husband. I felt her post was quite humble, if not overly humble by the mere fact that she was down on herself because she was comparing herself to others and because of her response to the honest evaluation by her husband. I see no where that her husband has asked her not to sing in public. She asked him a question, and he gave her an honest answer, though lacking in tact for sure. Be careful that you are not making a judgment about her relationship with her husband based upon your own experiences.

On the subject of submission, I do believe a wife should be in submission to her husband and if her husband is not supportive of what she is doing, she should not do it, for it certainly takes her away from her family. She should trust the Lord to bring him around if that is what God desires and she should wait on the Lord for the right timing. Nonetheless, God has gifted each one of us and he intends for us to use our gifts for his honor and his glory, so I believe a woman should be free to use her gifts for the Lord if what she is doing is not interfering with her reasonable responsibilities as a wife and mother. What I mean is, if her husband objects to her traveling and singing in public which obviously means rehearsals and such away from the home, then she should find another outlet for her gift until God moves in his heart or in her heart.

Submission to a husband, though, does not mean lack of submission to God's will. In other words, a wife should not submit to her husband in areas that are clearly against God's word. God's word teaches us to use our gifts for the building up of the body, so she should feel the freedom to use her gifts in ways that will not interfere with her relationship with her husband. No husband should keep his wife from serving God, but no wife should insist on serving God in an area that interferes with her relationship with her husband, meaning I should not just decide to go traveling the country preaching if my husband is not supportive of that. But, I can teach a ladies' Bible study or I can witness to people or I can get on a Christian website and share my faith or I could join a daytime group where I could use my talents w/o hindrance to my marriage relationship or I could volunteer at my local church or whatever would not take time away from my family if my husband was not supportive of me being away. I know this is difficult to communicate here in words. There's a balance is all I'm saying.

There's a balance is all I'm saying.

I don't want to assume to speak for Yod but I do not think that he assumed anything. He was just speaking from his personal experience.

Regarding submission in marriage, you spoke well but I will offer, speaking as a husband, that it is a two-way street. My wife submits to my authority as long as it does not conflict with God's Word and His will BUT I am also expected to consider my wife's feelings in everything I say and do. It is a two-way street, which is what I think brother Yod was attempting to point out.

Balance is right on with the Lord at the fulcrum (center). :wub:

Bless you,

Wayne

There's a balance is all I'm saying.

I don't want to assume to speak for Yod but I do not think that he assumed anything. He was just speaking from his personal experience.

Regarding submission in marriage, you spoke well but I will offer, speaking as a husband, that it is a two-way street. My wife submits to my authority as long as it does not conflict with God's Word and His will BUT I am also expected to consider my wife's feelings in everything I say and do. It is a two-way street, which is what I think brother Yod was attempting to point out.

Balance is right on with the Lord at the fulcrum (center). :wub:

Bless you,

Wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the clarification. The way he worded his post sounded as though he was directing his comments to toddlermom, I think her name is, and when I read what he wrote it did not ring in my head with what Toddlermom had said, so I just wanted to point out that I did not think she was indicating lack of submission, just in case anyone got the wrong idea.

And, I do agree with you on the two-way street thing. There is a scripture in context with the one on wives being in submission to their husbands that also says to submit to one another, plus the scriptures also say that husbands are to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself for her. That's a pretty tall order for the husbands. Seems us wives have the easier job. :wub:

That's a pretty tall order for the husbands. Seems us wives have the easier job. :thumbsup:

Ya' know, I keep telling my wife that very thing. I tell her that I have the tougher role!!! All she does is roll her eyes at me :thumbsup: and whisper under her breath something that sounds like "moron!" What's up with that? :thumbsup::huh:

Bless you Sue,

Wayne

That's a pretty tall order for the husbands. Seems us wives have the easier job. :huh:

Ya' know, I keep telling my wife that very thing. I tell her that I have the tougher role!!! All she does is roll her eyes at me :thumbsup: and whisper under her breath something that sounds like "moron!" What's up with that? :thumbsup::24:

Bless you Sue,

Wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I hope that it is all in fun! I find that it is easier to submit to someone who treats me with respect, but I will submit even if he doesn't, because I want to obey God. It is a tougher job for wives to submit to abusive husbands, but to those who love us as Christ loved the church it should be a breeze!! :thumbsup:

That's a pretty tall order for the husbands. Seems us wives have the easier job. :)

Ya' know, I keep telling my wife that very thing. I tell her that I have the tougher role!!! All she does is roll her eyes at me :P and whisper under her breath something that sounds like "moron!" What's up with that? :):)

Bless you Sue,

Wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I hope that it is all in fun!

Of coarse it is all in fun. :P

She would never whisper under her breath! :P:P

Just kidding Sue. I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 27 years. :D We met when were 13 years old and married when we were 19 years old. Many of our friends said it wouldn't last. Out of stubbornness, we are proving them wrong! :):noidea::P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  228
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1

He is also looking for those who are humble enough to submit to the authority He has placed in their lives.

Rebellion against your spouse is a major red flag. My wife was very wrong in some of the things she did to hold me back from ministry. I accepted it as from the Lord.

She is now my biggest advocate and we are in complete agreement. There would have been a divorce had I gone on ahead without waiting on the Lord to change her heart.

Toddlermom might be getting this doubt for a legitimate reason. We just don't know from the single post she has given....so it would be better to err on the side of caution.

A music ministry is not the same thing as singing for the joy of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I gotta agree with you! Don't know if toddlermom is rebelling against what her husband wants from what she said but they should definitely be in agreement. He should have the final say. Hopefully he loves God enough to try to love his wife as Christ loved the church so that he can be sensitive to her needs and desires.