About fasting

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  357
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

hardly 15-20 min meal (15-20 min is the average time for a meal) can prevent a person from being righteous - rather hunger can prevent a person from being able to pray and do deeds

Blessings

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  426
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/28/2017 at 8:00 AM, Evgeniya said:

Hi , i am very embarassed to tell that i cant take fasting on water, not for a day nor for two-three days. As i used to work as an administrator-interpreter of a russian restaurant in China for years, i couldnt stay hungry even for a day, food, smells, professional kitchen... I tried to but i always fail. I love cooking, its my biggest hobby, maybe thats why i pay so much of attention to meal, i dont want to seem too spoiled but if i see that the dish doesnt look as perfect as on a menu for instance in some diner then i might go very angry and say smth mean to staff...There is no faith without fasting, but whenever i try to start it then anger comes into my heart and everything irritates me, i cannot concentrate on a prayer and Biblical text AT ALL ! I feel myself too weak for being a good christian :unsure:

Fasting isn't compulsory for Christians, and if you're fasting by compulsion because you think you have to to be a good Christian, you're fasting for the wrong reason. Fasting should always be voluntary, because the person believes it will help him or her to focus on prayer. But if that's not the result it produces, it's better not to fast. I'm one of those Christians who doesn't do fasting. I have in the past, but it never produced anything worthwhile for me---just distracted thoughts and hunger pangs, feeling sick, and irritability because I was hungry. It didn't help me to focus more, and was more of a competition with myself to see if I could endure it, to prove that I could, which isn't the point of fasting. So, knowing what the purpose of fasting is, and realizing that my body didn't cope well with fasting, and that I was able to concentrate better when I didn't have the burden or distraction of hunger on my mind, I stopped doing it. (And the Lord was not at all displeased.) I don't fast for the reason others do fast. It's the intention and the product that matters.

Edited by LightShinesInTheDarkness
  • Thumbs Up 1