IGNORED

This is why I am here, how about you?

Guest shiloh357
39 minutes ago, jamesdyson said:

I disagree with the statements above.

First: Israel was the name of a person, not a place.

Genesis 32:28

And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

Israel is the name of a place, a land and a nation.

Forth and last: The “promised Land” was not the land now claimed my the Israeli's today---

Oh yes it is.  The borders of the Promised land include the West Bank, Gaza, and the land that Israel currently resides in now.  In fact, it includes all of the Sinai Peninsula, and the country that is known as Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and big chunk of Saudi Arabia.  That is, if you go by the Bible's borders and not the modern political borders.

Second: the Israelite people were not warring people and had no armies. 

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

Third: the Israelite people were not warring people and had no armies

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

Also wrong.  The armies of Israel defeated the Philistines, the Ammonites, and Edomites under King David.  They were a warring people and had an army.

Edited by shiloh357

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Lot's of individual Israelis have been arrested for atrocities and found guilty the Israeli courts.   The difference is that Israel doesn't do what the Palestinians do.  

The "difference" is the IDF soldier gets a few months in jail for "murder" while anywhere else a murderer gets life or the electric chair. 

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, jamesdyson said:

I have the evidence that proves the Israeli's were the "first" to use terrorist acts to further their unjust cause. But by now you know you do not want to see the truth. It is best you leave this discussion and go back to where you came from.

I say this for your sake, not mine

You have no such evidence and I will stay on this thread because  defending Israel is what I do best.   I have been studying this conflict for 30 years and know more than you do about it.   You are no threat to me.

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, jamesdyson said:

The "difference" is the IDF soldier gets a few months in jail for "murder" while anywhere else a murderer gets life or the electric chair. 

No, not true.  They often get life in prison because Israel doesn't have a death penalty.  Some get lesser sentences.   But the takeaway is that they don't make heroes out of criminals the way the awful Palestinians do.  The Palestinians celebrate murder and terrorism.

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Israel is the name of a place, a land and a nation.

So said the spider to the fly. I tried to find a "map" showing the "land" of Israel and came up with this----

ancient_egypt_enlarged.jpg

-------------The land of "Israel" could not be found---------

Edited by jamesdyson

Here is another map-----& still no "Israel"----------

egypt.gif

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, jamesdyson said:

So said the spider to the fly. I tried to find a "map" showing the "land" of Israel and came up with this----

ancient_egypt_enlarged.jpg

-------------The land of "Israel" could not be found---------

Sure if you pick a map of the world that shows a world, which predated Israel.   Not exactly the most honest way to do debate. 

Guest shiloh357
Just now, jamesdyson said:

Here is another map-----& still no "Israel"----------

egypt.gif

Here is all of the places where "The Land of Israel" is mentioned in the Bible:  

1Sa. 13:19;

2Ki. 5:2,4; 6:23;

1Ch. 13:2; 22:2;

2Ch. 2:17; 30:25; 34:7;

Eze. 7:2; 11:17; 12:19,22; 13:9; 18:2; 20:38,42; 21:2,3; 25:3,6; 27:17; 33:24; 36:6; 37:12; 38:18,19; 40:2; 47:18;

Mat. 2:20,21.

7 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Some get lesser sentences.

I have provided over a dozen (12) accounts where an IDF sniper shoots a child. How many IDF soldiers have been charged for these murders?

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Here is all of the places where "The Land of Israel" is mentioned in the Bible:  

Yes, and then we have the Land Of Oz. My bet is most if not all of these references were referring to a "future" Land Of Israel; who was by the way a person, not a place.