IGNORED

This is why I am here, how about you?

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

Like I said I will go with the consensus of the people representing every country in the world who are far more knowledgeable than myself in regards to international law when they say the Israeli settlements are illegal.  The Geneva Convention prohibits a country from transferring its citizens into territory held under its military occupation and every country sees what Israel is doing in that way, so it appears to be an open and shut case under international law to me. 

I am not saying the Geneva Convention is wrong, but the rule applies to an occupying power and Israel is not occupying a foreign country.  So the G.C. rule doesn't apply.  Israel is not holding anyone under military occupation.   They did not attack and conquer the Jordanians or the Egyptians or the Palestinians. 

If the US was attacked by Canada and we look southern Ontario in self-defense, and defeated Canada in the process, we are allowed, by international law to retain southern Ontario.  And we do with that land as we wish.   It is not an occupation.    If we invaded Canada and took over the country, THAT would be an occupation and then the Geneva Conventions rules would apply. 

So I have pretty tight case here that you can't refute because the facts are really not on your side.   

Keep in mind that the original scriptures didn't have chapters and verses, so when reading, everything has to be in context. From Zachariah 12:1 through 13:9 all had to happen within the same point of time. "In that day" 

So here is what we know from scripture:

“In that day” would be when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and Jerusalem. “In that day" would be when there shall be great mourning in Jerusalem.  “In that day” would be when  a fountain will be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for impurity. “In that day” would be when God would cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.  “In that day” would be when the shepherd would be smitten and the sheep scattered. And “In that day” would be when only a remnant would be saved (13:8).

So when Jesus said “You will all fall away because of Me this night, for it is written, ‘I will strike down the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered.’, Then we know for without question that "That Day"  spoken of in Zachariah and the events prophesied have already taken place. 

It has already taken place to those who think like Preterists.    But for those of us who have better skills at interpreting the Bible, "In that day" is an eschatological term that applies to "The Day of the Lord" which has not come yet.

You are absolutely correct. It also means that everything else written in that scripture and the words prior also came to pass. Those events are now in our past. 

Only the events pertaining to first coming of Jesus.   There is still a bodily return of Jesus and entire body of prophecy associated with it that has not come to pass.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Davida said:

I really can't get my head around Christians being on the wrong side of this issue. From a biblical standpoint imo, to call Israel an occupier is really to lob an insult at GOD, because it's to call the LORD GOD Himself an illegal invader & a criminal, because it is HIM who is faithful, and Him who spoke it & performed it...i.e. put the Jews back in their land and raised up the Nation of Israel, made the land bloom again, giving Israel a prosperous economy, profitable natural resources,  one of THEE strongest armies in the world and it is HE who will defeat the confederacy of invaders that is coming against her in the near future.  It also underlines no understanding of scripture, of Bible prophecy, of recognizing the Nation of Israel as God's time clock in Bible Prophecy & the whole end-times Purpose & Plan of GOD for Israel & the Lord Jesus return. PLUS siding with those whose whole reason for living is to slaughter all the Jews and to wipe Israel off the map.   How much can you be off or what?

It goes back to the artificial standard erected by those who are hell bent on delegitimizing Israel.  For some reason, the Jews have to become Christians in order to return to their land, even though God clearly states that He is going to restore them in a state of unbelief to the Land and then restore them spiritually. 

The fact is that, as you can see, in this thread, the Bible is being used as pretext for the real issue which is Islam's hatred of the Jews and Israel and there are some "Christians"  who have naively bought into the Arab narrative and don't really think critically about it.

When the Muslims were living in the land, it was cursed.  Most people had to live in the cities due to the unproductive land. The land degenerated into nothing but swamps and desert and they could not get anything to grow and the Turkish land owners were all too eager to sell it to the Jews and get it off their hands because as far as the Muslims were considered it worthless.  The Jews irrigated the deserts and dried out the swamps and built farms and infrastructure and made it a hospitable  place.  

For centuries no one wanted it.  But Israel until 2005 had amazing green houses in Gaza and 60% of their exports of flowers and other produce came from Gaza.   In 2005, the Jews completely relinquished Gaza on the grounds that it would produce peace.   Not a single Jew living in Gaza, now.  The Jews left behind their green houses so that the Palestinians could have a product to sell and use the green houses for food and stuff.   What did the Muslims do???   They burned down the green houses and wrecked the farms and burned down houses that Jews left behind that they could have lived in.   

Now, that Gaza is 100% Muslim, it is a hell hole.  Nothing grows, and they have Hamas ruling them and denying Israeli humanitarian aid and medical supplies to make it to the people who need it.  It is a total mess and the ground will not produce for them.  They can't get anything to grow.  The ground is cursed.   

The land, all on its own, testifies who it really belongs to.   

In 2005, the Jews left Gaza on the promises that it would promote peace and reduce terrorism.   What happened?   Within 24 hours, qassam rockets started being lobbed at Israeli cities.  Rocket and mortar fire increased 500% AFTER the Jews left Gaza.  Instead of a reduction in terror it increased dramatically.   Israel's concession resulted in more terrorism, not lest because the Muslims interpreted their concessions as weakness and it was proof to the Muslims that terrorism works.  If terrorism got them Gaza, then more terrorism would get them the West Bank and then maybe the Golan Heights.

Terrorism against Israel isn't about feeling oppressed and downtrodden and having no other recourse of action. It is about the destruction of Israel and the ongoing Arab war of attrition against Israel's existence.  

Edited by shiloh357

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Davida said:

How idiotic and how much bigotry & hate do you have to have thinking that the stuff is contaminated by the infidel/ Jews -so idiotically destroyed the expensive greenhouses and irrigation systems? seems like such a shame, but, then again, it isn't Muslim land so I guess destroying the Israeli greenhouses is what they were supposed to do..

Gaza demonstrates what a Palestinian nation would look like if they got one.  It would be just another terrorist state, not a prosperous country.   They have proven over and over why they don't deserve a state and couldn't run a state if they had one.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

Gaza also demonstrates that they do not want to work for anything except the production of death, horror and misery.  All that they were given ther ruined, and live in squalor not because they are oppressed, but because they prefer to live that way.

Yes, exactly.   Within a year or so after taking control of Gaza the Palestinians, by a landslide, elected the most ruthless, the most bloodthirsty terrorist organization in the region at that time, to be their representative government.   

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Badjao33 said:

The problem with this line of thinking is that Israel and "the land" will not prosper until after Israel returns to the Lord. 

That is wrong both Scripturally and in terms of Israel's modern prosperity. 

Scripturally, note what God says: "Prophesy therefore concerning the land of Israel, and say unto the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I have spoken in my jealousy and in my fury, because ye have borne the shame of the heathen: Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; I have lifted up mine hand, Surely the heathen that are about you, they shall bear their shame. But ye, O mountains of Israel, ye shall shoot forth your branches, and yield your fruit to my people of Israel; for they are at hand to come. For, behold, I am for you, and I will turn unto you, and ye shall be tilled and sown: And I will multiply men upon you, all the house of Israel, even all of it: and the cities shall be inhabited, and the wastes shall be builded: And I will multiply upon you man and beast; and they shall increase and bring fruit: and I will settle you after your old estates, and will do better unto you than at your beginnings: and ye shall know that I am the LORD. Yea, I will cause men to walk upon you, even my people Israel; and they shall possess thee, and thou shalt be their inheritance, and thou shalt no more henceforth bereave them of men. Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because they say unto you, Thou land devourest up men, and hast bereaved thy nations; Therefore thou shalt devour men no more, neither bereave thy nations any more, saith the Lord GOD. Neither will I cause men to hear in thee the shame of the heathen any more, neither shalt thou bear the reproach of the people any more, neither shalt thou cause thy nations to fall any more, saith the Lord GOD." (Eze 36:6-15)

So God is going to prosper the Land BEFORE the Jews return to the Lord and find Jesus in the Land. The areas where the Jews live are the most prosperous areas in Israel.  From satellite images, the greenest parts of Israel are where the Jews live in the Land.

As for modern prosperity...   Israel has been prospering despite a watching hypocritical world that wants the opposite.   Israel, given the threats they face should not even exist.   Israel's greatest wars (War of independence in '48, Six day war in '67, and the Yom Kippur war of '73) are not studied at the US War College at West Point because the outcomes (Israel's victories) cannot be explained militarily.

Israel has not only survived, but has thrived in every area of endeavor.  A university ranking organization out of Shanghai China (that is now defunct) consistently ranked six Israeli universities as among the top 100 in the world.   Israel is a world leader in both medicine and technology.  For a long time the ONLY  Microsoft research and development lab was in Israel.   

Note here,  many modern inventions that are Israeli born and bred: http://www.inventions-handbook.com/israeli-inventions.html

Here is a PDF list of many (not all) of Israel's accomplishments.   Israel, despite what you say is VERY prosperous.  We don't see non-prosperious nations doing these things: https://www.cfi.org.uk/downloads/70 Achievements List.pdf

And there is this:

Israel Tends The Tree Of Life

A TIME TO SPEAK (Ecclesiastes 3:7)
MESSAGES ABOUT ISRAEL, Vol. IV:8 (No. 44)
August 2004 - Av-Elul 5764
Isralert@aol.com source: speak@actcom.co.il

TENDING THE TREE OF LIFE

"I have set before you life and death . . . .Therefore, choose life, that both you and your seed may live."-- Deuteronomy 30:8

"L'Haim [To Life]"-- the Hebrew toast for all occasions

The value of life has been a sustained and sustaining theme of the Hebrew-Israelite-Jewish character since Abraham tried to save lives even in Sodom and Gomorrah. The ineradicable determination both to live and to preserve life has been one of the forces that enabled his  offspring to survive and bound back from every calamity and every kind oftorment.

In 1945, the Jewish people had lost one-third of their men, women, and children, victims of a Holocaust perpetrated with almost worldwide complaisance and some complicity. Only three years later, the State of Israel was restored in its ancient homeland and triumphed over all attempts to annihilate it, perpetrated with almost worldwide complaisance and some complicity.

The determination to Choose Life led to the ingathering of hundreds of thousands of weary and destitute survivors of the hell-fires of Europe,
and more hundreds of thousands of Jews escaping from centuries-long dhimmitude in Arab-ruled lands or spiritual suffocation behind the Iron Curtain of Communist Eastern Europe. They were absorbed and integrated into a vibrant society, flourishing on a tiny strip of besieged land with few natural resources.

While Israel copes with multitudinous domestic and economic problems, chronic military and diplomatic assaults, terrorism, boycotts, and calumnies, it also takes up the traditional Jewish duty of Tikkun Olam [Repair of the World]. In fulfillment of this responsibility, it engages in humanitarian endeavors around the world. One of the smallest nations on earth, with one-thousandth (1/1000 or 0.0001%) of the world's population, it strives to do its fair share.

RESCUE AND RELIEF

"He who saves one life, it is as though he saved the world." -- Talmud

Israel has been forced by its own experience to develop the most expert techniques for rescue missions and treatment of mass casualties. When
disaster strikes elsewhere, it brings this experience to the succor of the victims. To that end, the IDF [Israel Defense Forces] has a special Emergency Aid Unit.

Among the examples of Israeli rescue and relief teams in action:

1] Earthquake in Soviet Armenia, 1988: IDF Search and Rescue Team, and an IDF/Magen David Adom Medical Team. (The Soviet government demanded that the Israel cover its Shield of David emblems on supplies and the airplanes that delivered them. This attempt to keep the residents from knowing the source of the help was not effective. When local Jews later emigrated to Israel, their neighbors sent the message "Tell them we say thank you.")

2] Civil war in Rwanda, 1994: Complete 120-bed field hospital with staff of 80. and 65 tons of medical supplies for Rwandan refugees in the
Congo. (On average, it takes about two weeks for a donor government toa ssemble, transport and set up a field hospital. Israel did it in two days.)

3] Terrorist bombing in Nairobi, Kenya, 1998: IDF Search and Rescue Team. (The target was the U.S. Embassy, but it was buildings adjacent to it that were destroyed or badly damaged, and Kenyans who were killed or trapped in them.)

4] Balkan war, 1999: Complete field hospital with staff for Kosovo refugees in Macedonia.

5] Earthquake in Turkey, 1999: IDF 250-strong Search and Rescue Team, a 120-bed field hospital, a village that sheltered 3,000 people, and 100 tons of relief supplies.

6] Earthquake in India, 2001: Search and Rescue Team and field hospital.

Other projects include

-- medical teams to Africa perform ophthalmological surgery where it is not otherwise available

-- a medical team to famine-stricken Ethiopia. (It included an Israeli nurse who was born in Ethiopia and had made the long hard trek of Ethiopian Jews to Israel.)

-- regular tours of China by Israeli surgeons of the "Save A Child's  Heart" project, performing pediatric cardiac surgery and conducting training courses for Chinese medical personnel.

There have also been deliveries of tons of medical equipment and emergency supplies to countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America.

Comment: Many of the nations who have received Israeli search and rescue work, medical care, and donations have now signed the Declaration of Unaligned Nations that restricts entry of Israelis according to the part of the Land of Israel in which they dwell. It seems that in future the signatory nations will reject rescue or medical crews that include personnel or dogs from the wrong towns.

The Islamic Republic of Iran, however, will not have to bother with this discrimination. After its very destructive earthquake of 2003, it made an official announcement that it "accepts all kinds of humanitarian aid from all countries with the exception of the Zionist regime".

In 1997, a group of Vietnamese -- 30 men, 16 women, 20 children -- resolved to escape from the Communist regime by setting out to sea in a small, old fishing boat. The motor of the boat broke down, and for four days they were adrift in the South China Sea without shelter, food or water.

During those days, ships of Norway, Germany, Japan and Panama passed close enough to see their plight but would not help them -- not even to give them water. The refugees then considered whether it would be better to scuttle the boat rather than die slowly of thirst and exhaustion. But then the Israeli cargo freighter "Yuvali" came by, and took all of them on board.

For two weeks, the shipping company tried to find a haven for these passengers, but each country that was approached -- including the United States -- refused to take them.

So, Prime Minister Menahem Begin extended and they accepted an invitation to come and settle in Israel, where they were later joined by several hundred more Vietnamese who found new homes and new lives.

In the 12th century, Rabbi Moses ben-Maimon [Maimonides] taught that the highest form of assistance to others it to help them become independent and not need assistance. This principle is reflected in the programs of MASHAV [Hebrew acronym for Center for International Cooperation], founded in 1958 in the wake of Golda Meir's bonding with the developing nations of Africa.

MASHAV has centers around Israel for international conferences, seminars and training courses in such fields as

-- community development

-- economic development and employment

-- irrigation and agriculture

-- education

-- medicine and health care

-- integration of immigrants and refugees

-- organizing systems for treating mass trauma

Through such programs, Israel shares the experience gained in its own rapid development and absorption of immigrants. It also shares the skills it had to learn to cope with disasters that cause mass casualties and mass trauma.

Each year, some 4,000 men and women come from Africa, Asia, Europe, and Latin America to attend these meetings, and go home with ideas and techniques to benefit their own countries.

Some of Israel's achievements by their very nature contribute to well being and a rising standard of living:

AGRICULTURE

Israel shall blossom and bud, and fill the face of the world with fruit. --Isaiah 27:6

The first Zionist pioneers to return to the Land of Milk and Honey found it a virtual wasteland, its soil shriveled by centuries of neglect and abandonment. They began to restore its ancient fertility by carrying away stones, draining swamps, and contriving primitive irrigation. These early efforts have grown into large-scale research and innovations, and now there are scores of research centers in all parts of the country to study climate, soil, environment, and all forms of agriculture and animal husbandry.

The fruits of these labors are abundant, and sometimes literally delectable -- citrus, melons and other fruits, tomatoes, vegetables, grains, dairy products, honey, juices, wines, and flowers.

Much of the land is arid or semi-arid, and this problem has inspired development of special techniques for producing crops in regions short of rain and sources of water. The achievements are spread to other countries through visits by Israeli experts and through conferences and seminars held in Israel.

MEDICINE

At least since the Middle Ages, Jews have been prominent in the science of medicine. So much so, that rulers of both Christian and Muslim countries, that otherwise enforced anti-Jewish laws, sought the skills of Jewish physicians.

Among recent advances in Israeli medical research:

-- a minute device for early detection of cancerous and pre-cancerous cells

-- treatment of cancer through the patient's own immune system cells

-- a device for patients with heart problems to monitor their condition at home

--- a vaccine to prevent Alzheimer's Disease

-- music as therapy for high blood pressure

-- immunity to food allergies

-- treatment of infertility

-- treatment of Parkinson's Disease

-- biomolecular computers that monitor the patient's condition and
automatically administer medication

SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY

For enterprises in scientific research and advanced technology, the primary resource is creative intellect. This makes them especially appropriate fields for a nation that has the world's highest proportion of population with advanced education.

It is also a nation that, in proportion to population, ranks first in the world in production and publication of scientific research papers. Itis currently a la mode in Europe for editors of professional journals to refuse to read much less publish anything written in Israel. This ploy is meant to injure Israel, but Israel already has the knowledge set forth in those papers, and it is likely that they will be published elsewhere. The deprivation and the damage is to Europe's own scientists, physicians, and technicians who depend on such journals to keep abreast of new research and developments in their fields.

The EU [European Union branch of Eurabia] may have some inkling that it did not do itself a favor when it broke off scientific cooperation with Israel in 2000, to demonstrate its sympathy for the PLO. It has now resumed some cooperation, particularly in the field of agriculture in the Middle East. It even deigns to let Israel pay some of the expenses.

Techniques and inventions created in Israel are now in use almost worldwide. Among them

-- advances in solar energy and water desalination

-- nanotechnology

-- high-speed computer technology -- including a computer that produces its own source of energy

-- communications technology

Comment: Do the British and European intellectuals who boycott everything Israeli use cell-phones? Do they know that the cell-phone was invented in Israel? Do they use the Instant Message e-mail program? Do they know that it was invented in Israel?

The need to counter murderous terrorism gives impetus to inventions that will help to protect and save lives. To that end, Israel has developed devices to detect and deflect threats to aircraft, and devices that can give views around corners and through walls. The latter also has value in rescue operations, to find victims of earthquakes and other disasters.

As the fear of terrorism spreads to nations that heretofore felt secure, there is increasing demand for Israeli techniques and experts who know how to use them. For the Olympic Games of 2004 in Athens, the Olympic officials and the Greek government, who usually go out of their way to snub Israel, requested its participation in security. The government of Japan has requested consultation with Israel on protection of the Imperial Family.

If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat. If he is thirsty, give him water to drink. -- Proverbs 25:21

In the last days of the Yom Kippur War of 1973, the Egyptian force that set out to conquer Israel ended up trapped in the Sinai Desert, surrounded by the IDF, cut off from either retreat or supplies.

When the Israeli soldiers realized that the Egyptian soldiers were out of water, they ran up to the thin line between them and the foe, and tossed their own water canteens to the parched Egyptians.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

A Time to Speak is a Message from Israel that appears once a month.
Each message is on a theme that relates to Israel and the Middle East
past and present. The contents include history, background, current
events, analysis and comment, and excerpts from published writings.

Material in these messages may be re-circulated, cited and quoted.
Readers who so use this material are requested to note the source and not
make changes in the wording.

Complimentary subscriptions are available by request to
speak@actcom.co.il
All the messages to date are on A Time To Speak's website:
www.israel.net/timetospeak

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
ISRALERT@AOL.COM, FAST GROWING WORLDWIDE JEWISH ADVOCACY NETWORK

So, anyone who claims that Israel is not prosperous doesn't really know Israel very well at all.

Edited by shiloh357

Guest shiloh357

BEYOND IMAGES  www.beyondimages.info

Israel’s medical support for Palestinian society

London - published on 2 November 2004 

Beyond Images Briefing 110

Summary: Israel’s achievements in providing healthcare and medical support to Palestinian society over past decades are highlighted in the article below, published in September 2004.  The author is Theo Dov Golan, a former Director-General of Israel’s Ministry of Health, and formerly Head of the Israeli Army Medical Corps.  Golan ends by asking why these Israeli humanitarian accomplishments are unknown and unreported among the general public.

Israel is accused…. but “the opposite is true”

Israel is constantly accused of misconduct and even ‘barbarian’ and ‘racist’ behaviour towards its Palestinian neighbours, especially at the United Nations where a disproportionate amount of time and energy of the world body is taken up on passing resolutions against Israel.

At my recent presentation to the United Nations Correspondents’ Association, one of the journalists addressed the so-called ‘barbaric treatment of the Palestinians by Israel’ which he was convinced was the whole story.  When I explained that events in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict resulted from Israel’s being forced to protect its citizens from Palestinian terror, he exclaimed emotionally: “You Israelis, you Jews who have suffered so much in the past – from you the world expects a more humane response”.

As a physician, I unequivocally can give proof that the opposite is true.  Israel has set an example of a level of humanitarian medical aid to others including Palestinians, which no other nation can compete with.

Israel’s medical support programmes to Palestinian society

Here are the facts: Israel was responsible for the welfare of the Palestinians during these years, 1967 – 1994, until the Palestinian Authority took over. During that period, Israel has presented annually dramatic documented achievements to the World Health Organisation (WHO) either by myself, as head of the Israeli delegation, or by the other Israeli officials of the Ministry of Health.  This included the total eradication in the Palestinian population of poliomyelitis, neonatal-tetanus and measles.  Also, Israel dramatically reduced the death rate of Palestinian newborns from over 60/1000 to 19/1000 within those 27 years of Israel’s presence.

These achievements and others were accomplished by the directives of Israel’s Health Authority in planning, training and implementation of modern medicine.  This included the introduction of new immunisation protocols (in coordination with UNICEF) as well as new technologies and new medicines.

These programmes were performed either on site at Palestinian facilities, or in Israel’s hospitals and medical schools, where doctors, nurses, midwives, medical technicians etc were trained.  These achievements resulted from the willingness of the local Palestinian population to be helped (almost free of charge) by Israel’s public health care system, and by the collaborative nature of Palestinian medical teams.

Training for Palestinian medical staff and surgeons in Israeli hospitals 

Israel’s Ministry of Health’s most dramatic and challenging training projects for the Palestinian physicians was to keep secret the specialisation programmes in anaesthesiology, open heart and brain surgery, conducted in Israeli hospitals.

No other nation on earth has ever voluntarily decided to show such a humane and forthcoming attitude towards people which could be characterised as ‘enemy’.  Would the United States train Al-Qaeda physicians or Russia train such professionals of the ‘Chechnyan freedom fighters’ on their own people?

Moreover, after successful completion of training, fully equipped Intensive Care, Open-Heart and Neuro-Surgery Units were opened for the first time in the Palestinian hospitals for the benefit of the Palestinians. Furthermore, the Israeli medical tutors continued to guide the newly established units, and if needed were available continuously to assist them on site.

Since 1994, in spite of directives issued by the Palestinian Authority to stop the collaborative programmes with Israel and in spite of the ongoing hostilities, informal cooperation between the Israeli and Palestinian medical teams continues, though of a lesser magnitude.  Palestinian patients are referred daily to Israeli hospitals especially in the fields of oncology, organ transplantation and acute severe complications of trauma and pregnancy (11,000 were treated last year).  Similarly, several training programmes are continuing in spite of difficulties.            

“Sanctifying life, not death”

Israel unequivocally demonstrates to the world that it sanctifies life and not death – the lives of Palestinian children, adults and elderly, including those of wounded terrorists, are treated in Israeli hospitals with the same care and alongside Israeli patients.  This approach is deeply rooted in our Jewish tradition that “whoever saves one life (and not necessarily the life of a Jew) has saved the whole world”.

Ahmed Tibi, the outspoken Israeli-Arab Knesset Member, recently requested that his wounded Palestinian niece be transferred from a Palestinian hospital to an Israeli one.  Tibi, who often accuses Israel of being ‘racist’, knew that his niece would receive the best medical treatment regardless of being a Palestinian, and indeed a full and speedy recovery resulted.

The big “Why”

Why is it then, that this unprecedented, outreaching and caring behaviour of Israel remains unknown and unreported to the general public, although documented and presented at official bodies of the international community? 

Is it that ‘good news is no news’ or is there a ‘hidden’ agenda of double standards and hypocrisy towards Israel (as addressed in Alan Dershowitz’s book A Case for Israel)?  Or are we the people that the world loves to hate? There is a big and unanswered WHY that needs to be addressed. 

Guest shiloh357

Israel makes the World a Better Place

For most people around the world, Israel means one thing - conflict . But there's another Israel , invisible to the international media, which is making the world a better place right now for millions of people, through its medical breakthroughs, and its humanitarian activities around the world. Here are some examples:-

•  Treating child heart disease: Since 1994, the Save A Child's Heart project (SACH), based near Tel-Aviv, has treated over 1400 children from around the world to free heart operations (see www.saveachildsheart.com ). Many are flown in from countries like Vietnam , Zanzibar and Moldova – not exactly global powers which could swing it for Israel at the UN Security Council. And over half are Arab children, mainly Gaza and West Bank Palestinians, and also from Jordan and Gulf states. Last October 40 Iraqi children were brought by their families to an improvised clinic in Amman , Jordan , where they were examined by top SACH doctors. An Iraqi boy of 11 and a girl of 5 months were rushed to Israel , and received life-saving heart surgery. Said one mother: ‘I am grateful to the Israeli doctors and to their country for helping us out…. The Israelis are not our enemies…. Many Muslims have wrong ideas about Israelis…'

•  Medical breakthroughs: Israeli medical research teams at the Weizmann Institute, the Hebrew University and elsewhere have achieved breakthroughs in areas such as cancer research, and combating Hepatitis C. Meanwhile, researchers led by Ben Gurion University Professor Yoel Margalit received an award in 2003 from a US foundation for their work fighting malaria – one of the world's worst killers. In the awards ceremony, Margalit was credited with saving ‘millions of lives'. For stories about Israeli medical advances, see the superb website Israel21c ( www.israel21c.org ).

•  Curing blindness, purifying water, helping survivors of disasters: Israel 's Foreign Ministry, through its Mashav division, sends Israeli experts to Africa and Asia to perform cataract operations and restore the sight of blind people. Meanwhile, Israelis have become world leaders in purifying water – a critical tool for reducing child mortality in the third world. The book ‘ Israel in the World' by Helen and Douglas Davis (Weidenfeld & Nicholson, 2003, and a ‘must-read' in this area) describes an Israeli-led water purification project in rural Afghanistan . Israel 's efforts to relieve suffering after the Asian tsunami of 2004 were one example of how it helps survivors of natural disasters. See the remarkable Isra-Aid website ( www.israaid.co.il ) for information on many similar projects.

•  Fighting climate change and the spread of deserts: Israel is contributing significantly to the worldwide fight against climate change. Its solar energy sector is pioneering. It's also at the forefront of combatting so-called ‘desertification' - the spread of deserts and destruction of forests and farmland. Israeli start-ups and universities are involved in introducing energy-efficient technologies for cars and factories. And the UN General Assembly recently adopted a resolution on ‘green' agricultural development - proposed by Israel .

•  Support for the needy: Yad Sarah , Israel 's largest volunteer organisation, lends equipment to people recovering from illness, expectant mothers, and others. It now runs seminars for delegates from around the world in how to build such organisations in their countries. Keren Malki ( www.kerenmalki.org ) (founded by the parents of a teenage victim of a Palestinian suicide bomber) provides equipment for families with disabled children – again, a model in its field.

Unfortunately, many people have a deeply-rooted anti-Israel ‘mindset'. And stories about the ‘other Israel ' are not going to shift this overnight. But this shouldn't stop us from educating the wider world that there is another side to Israel, and that the country is in fact helping to fulfil many of the universal values which people – including Israel's vocal critics - believe in. Such facts can foster admiration for Israel in the longer-term, and make people more receptive to Israel 's rights, qualities and humanitarian ideals.

http://www.beyondimages.info/

Guest shiloh357
10 minutes ago, Davida said:

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Unto-the-nations-505760

MARK TWAIN’S UNWITTINGLY PROPHETIC VISION FOR THE STATE OF ISRAEL

"A natural skeptic, Twain was not taken by the splendor of the Holy Land. He wrote irreverently about the country’s legendary sites.

Yes, that is an excellent article.  Often,  it is said that the Jews who returned to the land kicked out the Palestinians communities living there, but historical accounts preserved in writings like this show just how uninhabited most of the land was, and how nothing could grow and just how unimpressive it was.  Far from a bustling Palestinian/Arab community living there, the land was a shambles and completely desolate except for a few cities and some tent dwellers.

Thanks for posting this!!

Guest shiloh357
36 minutes ago, Badjao33 said:

The United Arab Emirates was practically a desert wasteland just over a generation ago. It now flourishes and many of its cities are nothing short of modern marvels. Even agriculture is starting to thrive.

The difference being that Gaza was actually thriving and prospering until the Muslims took it over.  

After the Muslims got control of it, it is a shambles again and that is in spite of the billions of $$$ of foreign aid that was dumped into Gaza.   

Israel has prospered against odds that would have destroyed other nations.   The UAE has oil to thank for their prosperity.   Israel has God to thank. 

I still believe that the verse below makes it more clear than anywhere else in scripture that Israel must accept Jesus as their Messiah before they can receive the land that was promised and the nation of Israel can prosper.

‘Thus says the Lord GOD,  On the day that I cleanse you from all your iniquities, I will cause the cities to be inhabited, and the waste places will be rebuilt. “The desolate land will be cultivated instead of being a desolation in the sight of everyone who passes by. “They will say, ‘This desolate land has become like the garden of Eden; and the waste, desolate and ruined cities are fortified and inhabited.’ ” (Ezekiel 36:24–35)

But as I have demonstrated, immense prosperity is already happening for Israel despite the fact that they are still in a state of unbelief.

Your problem is that your blind opposition to Israel won't let you accept the facts of Israel's current prosperity.   You are trying to live in the reality that you want, instead of reality as it really is.   Israel is THE most prosperous and strongest nation in the middle east and that is reality.

Your errant theology says Israel can't prosper until they accept Jesus.   But the Bible passage YOU cite above is part of a context where Israel is restored and prosperous in their land BEFORE they accept Jesus.    Ezekiel 36 shows us the land and people prospering first and THEN they find the Messiah in the Land.   So, it doesn't really matter what you believe.   The Bible doesn't support your anti-Israel drivel.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/24/2018 at 3:44 AM, shiloh357 said:
On 5/24/2018 at 3:37 AM, Badjao33 said:

Israel is not persecuting the Palestinians.   The Palestinians are persecuting the Jews.   They kill Jews with bombs on busses, suicide bomb Jewish restaurants, lob rockets and mortars into Jewish cities.   They murder Jews every chance they get.   

Speaking of "bombs", the Israeli's were the first to use this tactic. It wasn't until later that the Palestinians followed the Zionist example.

FIRST ACTS OF TERRORISM, COINING THE PHRASE

November 6, 1944. Zionist terrorists of the Stern Gang assassinated the British Minister Resident in the Middle East, Lord Moyne, in Cairo.

July 22, 1946. Zionist terrorists blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem,.,.,killing or injuring more than 200 persons. 

October 1, 1946. The British Embassy in Rome was badly damaged by bomb explosions, for which Irgun claimed responsibility.

September 3, 1947. A postal bomb addressed to the British War Office exploded in the post office sorting room in London, injuring 2 persons. It was attributed to Irgun or Stern Gangs. (The Sunday Times, Sept. 24, 1972, p.8)

December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.

December 19, 1947. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blowing up two houses in the ruins of which were found the bodies of 10 Arabs, including 5 children. Haganah admitted responsibility for the attack.

December 13, 1947 -- February 10, 1948. Seven incidents of bomb-tossing at innocent Arab civilians in cafes and markets, killing 138 and wounding 271 others, During this period, there were 9 attacks on Arab buses.  Zionists mined passenger trains on at least 4 occasions, killing 93 persons and wounding 161 others.  

December 29, 1947. Two British constables and 11 Arabs were killed and 32 Arabs injured, at the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem when Irgun members threw a bomb from a taxi.

June 1947. Letters sent to British Cabinet Ministers were found to contain bombs.

December ll, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa ; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.

December 29, 1947. Two British constables and 11 Arabs were killed and 32 Arabs injured, at the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem when Irgun members threw a bomb from a taxi.

January 4, 1948. Haganah terrorists wearing British Army uniforms penetrated into the center of Jaffa and blew up the Serai (the old Turkish Government Housekilling more than 40 persons and wounding 98 others.

January 5, 1948. The Arab-owned Semiramis Hotel in Jerusalem was blown up, killing 20 persons.

January 7, 1948. Seventeen Arabs were killed by a bomb at the Jaffa Gate in Jerusalem, 3 of them while trying to escape. Further casualties, including the murder of a British officer near Hebron, were reported from different parts of the country.

January 16, 1948. Zionists blew up three Arab buildings. In the first, 8 children between the ages of 18 months and 12 years, died.

February 15, 1948. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blew up several houses, killing 11 Arabs, including 4 children.

March 3, 1948. Heavy damage was done to the Arab-owned Salam building in Haifa by Zionists who drove an army lorry ( truck) up to the building and escaped before the detonation of 400 Ib. of explosives; casualties numbered 11 Arabs and 3 Armenians killed and 23 injured.

March 22, 1948. A housing block in Iraq Street in Haifa was blown up killing 17 and injuring 100 others. Four members of the Stern Gang drove two truck-loads of explosives into the street and abandoned the vehicles before the explosion.

March 31, 1948. The Cairo-Haifa Express was mined, for the second time in a month, by an electronically-detonated land mine near Benyamina, killing 40 persons and wounding 60 others.

April 19, 1948. Fourteen Arabs were killed in a house in Tiberias, which was blown up by Zionist terrorists.

May 3, 1948. A book bomb addressed to a British Army officer, who had been stationed in Palestine exploded, killing his brother, Rex Farran.

May11, 1948. A letter bomb addressed to Sir Evelyn Barker, former Commanding Officer in Palestine, was detected in the nick of time by his wife.

Israel must repent for their past devilish deeds and ask the Lord for forgiveness

Is they do not, they are doomed!@!