• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

Sue,

The problem with the seeker friendly church we left was that repentance was never preached. Our pastor started preaching a prosperity doctrine. In other words not what you can do for God, but what God will do for you. The church filled to the brim and it is a large church.

Because repentance was not preached, he then began giving seminars on sex. I never thought I would hear such drivel coming from the pulpit. But we had people who were coming into the church, living with fiance's. It was abhorrent to me as a christian to watch the downfall of this church.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I understand. God has placed a HUGE burden on my heart to preach repentance, because that is the message - the message of the cross - that is getting lost in this new wave of churches. And, yes, along with that is coming a moral decline where sin is acceptable. So, the churches that preach repentance and confront sin and give people accountability are losing people to the churches who don't get on to people about their sin.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I understand. God has placed a HUGE burden on my heart to preach repentance, because that is the message - the message of the cross - that is getting lost in this new wave of churches. And, yes, along with that is coming a moral decline where sin is acceptable. So, the churches that preach repentance and confront sin and give people accountability are losing people to the churches who don't get on to people about their sin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

If you read the 3 chapter of 2 Timothy it is talking about the last days. We are in those perilous times.