• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

If we can't make fun of the devil then the world is indeed a sad place. :emot-wave:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know, I wonder if that is not a lie of Satan, as well. If he can get us to make fun of him and laugh about him, then we won't take him seriously. Personally, I have seen his handiwork and I take him very seriously. But, I also know that I don't have to fear him, because "greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world."

I have seen how Satan has deceived Christians into laughing at sin all the time. Just look at our TV shows and movies. The lie - get people to laugh at the gay lifestyle and they are more likely to tolerate it. Get them to laugh at people living together (man & woman) outside of marriage and they won't blink an eye at it anymore. Get them to laugh at sin, and pretty soon they become desensitized to sin.

If you laugh at Satan now, then what happens when the antichrist truly does reveal himself. Will you think him a man with wit and charm?

Think about how much we laugh at things we should be appalled at or should be weeping over. Who weeps over sin anymore?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MindonFire
I'm all for having fun, but not at the expense of another person. When a person posts something and that person is serious about his or her comments or questions, then I think we should show the person the respect of giving a serious response. I read all the responses on this thread and every one of them was making fun. I think if you want to make fun of anything, then begin a post just for that purpose. To make fun of someone's thoughts is not only disrespectful, but it is mean and can be very hurtful to our weaker brothers or sisters.

One other thought: You may think that determining the identity of the antichrist is a joking matter, but the word of God teaches us about the antichrist so that we can identify him when he comes. And, he is not going to be all that obvious, or else people would not be deceived. I agree that we can go overboard on any of these prophecy subjects if we are not careful, but please don't make light of the idea that we need to have our eyes and ears open to see and hear anything that might indicate a need to be discerning and to test the spirits where a particular leader is concerned.

You won't be laughing if you find that you were one of the ones deceived.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks friend. I can only cry for them. The bible warns us that there will be scoffers in the last days. Their scoffing is nothing new. It is a serious subject but we will see who laughs last.

2 Peter 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

If we can laugh at ourselves then are we not showing some level of humility?

I don't watch sitcoms. They got stale for me a few years back. I do like to laugh and laughter is actually good for you. Unfortunately in most humor there has to be a fall guy. I prefer to mock the mocker. Like I said .

When the AC gets here, I'm sure we will know him. If being light hearted makes me superficial then so be it. :emot-wave:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I don't watch sitcoms. They got stale for me a few years back. I do like to laugh and laughter is actually good for you. Unfortunately in most humor there has to be a fall guy. I prefer to mock the mocker. Like I said .

When the AC gets here, I'm sure we will know him. If being light hearted makes me superficial then so be it.  :emot-wave:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your not superficial, just super! There is a time for everything, a time to cry and a time to laugh! But, I do have to agree...........if someone post a thread thats meant to be serious we can still have fun, but give them respect at the same time!

That's the thing. If he were that obvious, why then all the warnings? Yes, we should certainly be gathering the harvest in, and should never replace that with an obsession over End Times stuff. But, we are to be aware, and we are to be watchful, because the Bible tells us so.

We will recognize him because of all the warnings we've been given. It is written plainly how Jesus will appear and how the AC will appear. 2 different scenereos :emot-wave:

When the AC gets here, I'm sure we will know him. If being light hearted makes me superficial then so be it.  :emot-wave:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No one has called you superficial. And, yes, we should all laugh at ourselves. I laugh at myself on a regular basis. And, I don't even mind teasing, provided it is done in love and kindness by someone I know or I know is just being cute in a nice sort of way. I work with college students and we joke all the time.

What I dislike, and I think our Lord dislikes, too, is laughter at the expense of another's thoughts or feelings. I have been on the receiving end before of this kind of "humor," and it can really hurt. I think Hollywood must bear some of the blame for promoting this kind of "humor," but we must also bear the blame if we get caught up in it. To me, if I have to make fun of someone else in order to be funny, then it seem I need new material. It doesn't say much for my character, does it?

First of all the op of this called me superficial on another thread,

Secondly I was not making fun of the op I was making fun of the AC

If all the jokes in the world were aimed at him we would probably get along better.

Thirdly, I don't know the state of the OPs heart, but the god he would like us to believe is in charge is a saddest. God would not mock his own people. This guy is saying that Jesus' message is not the message that most of us as believers have recieved. I will not take that kind of theology seriously. You talk about the way satan decieves. Here he is claiming to be god of a people who have it completely wrong.

Is heaven really going to be exclusive to Jesus and MindonFire? MindonFire seems to be the only one who has it right. Is the gospel really that difficult to grasp that the whole world is decieved? :emot-wave:

I don't know the state of the OPs heart, but the god he would like us to believe is in charge is a saddest. God would not mock his own people. This guy is saying that Jesus' message is not the message that most of us as believers have recieved. I will not take that kind of theology seriously. You talk about the way satan decieves. Here he is claiming to be god of a people who have it completely wrong.

Is heaven really going to be exclusive to Jesus and MindonFire? MindonFire seems to be the only one who has it right. Is the gospel really that difficult to grasp that the whole world is decieved? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not following you. I just did a quick re-read of the original post, and I'm not seeing where you are getting this from what he said on this post. Are you referring to some of his other posts? I'm confused.

I don't know the state of the OPs heart, but the god he would like us to believe is in charge is a saddest. God would not mock his own people. This guy is saying that Jesus' message is not the message that most of us as believers have recieved. I will not take that kind of theology seriously. You talk about the way satan decieves. Here he is claiming to be god of a people who have it completely wrong.

Is heaven really going to be exclusive to Jesus and MindonFire? MindonFire seems to be the only one who has it right. Is the gospel really that difficult to grasp that the whole world is decieved? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not following you. I just did a quick re-read of the original post, and I'm not seeing where you are getting this from what he said on this post. Are you referring to some of his other posts? I'm confused.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sorry

this is what I'm referring to

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...topic=22288&hl=

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

God wouldn't have told us about him if he didn't want us to know who he was.  John Wycliffe, Jan Huss and Martin Luther knew.  Most of Protestant Christians in the 1800s knew.  Now no one seems to know.  Looks like deception has already set in.

Love always in Christ,

Dennis

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting. Who did Wyncliffe, Huss and Luther say he was?