• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:31 AM, SelahSong said:

Hello, Melinda... I found a worthy Christian article regarding the evils of Yoga.   As Christians, we should never let our minds go blank because if we do this, we open ourselves to demonic influences.    ...Selah:emot-heartbeat:

If you’re going to meditate let it be on the Word of God.

11.  Joshua 1:8-9 This book of instruction must not depart from your mouth; you are to recite it day and night so that you may carefully observe everything written in it.For then you will prosper and succeed in whatever you do. Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. 

12. Psalm 1:2-3 Instead, his delight is in the Lord’s instruction, and he meditates on it day and night. He is like a tree planted beside streams of water that bears its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

13. Ephesians 4:14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

That is right dear loved sister .     Keep on IN the LORD sister .   

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:25 AM, Still Alive said:

One other thing: I once knew a woman who worked in an office where she (call her woman A) and another woman (Call her woman B) were Christians, and a third woman (call her woman C) was not. C knew that A and B were both Christians.

So, B was constantly trying to share the gospel with C and basically really ticking her off about it. She was constantly inviting her to church and all sorts of stuff. C simply wanted to be left alone. 

A made it clear she was a Christian and tried to show it through her actions, love and forgiveness regarding various issues with the office and life in general. She mentioned God in her life from time to time with C, but only as her God and Creator and other "seemingly peripheral" things. You know, the "he's always with me" sort of stuff that covers pretty much everything.

Then one day, C had a tragedy in her life. Who did she go to for advice on God? Woman A.

I see Christianity and Religion as two separate things. Christianity is from God. Religion is man made. I think a lot of us get so caught up in our religion that we put Christianity in the back seat. Christianity is not about going to church on sunday, singing in the Choir, Standing on the corner shouting "Jesus saves" and trying to brow beat people into coming to your church. It's about sharing the good news and reflecting that in your life. It's akin to the glory on Moses face, but we don't cover it.

I believe that simply BEING a follower of Christ is the best thing you can do to bring others to Christ. They sense it and ask questions when they don't fear you trying to shame them into  not drinking a beer, or into going to your church. Christianity is a deeply personal thing and at its core is all - ALL - about relationships. Your relationship with God and your relationship with your fellow man.

And another thing: Yoga is like a gun. It is not evil in and of itself. It is all about how you use it and what it means to you. Some of the physical exercises are excellent. Some of the mental stuff is terrible. So, you can do the physical exercise and just not call it Yoga and you're good. And instead of "clearing your mind", meditate on the Lord.

Christian meditation is not emptying your mind. It's the opposite. 

And another thing: Yoga is like a gun. It is not evil in and of itself.

Still alive ,  all seemed well, TILL I READ THIS .     Satan always presents evil as safe .    let us remember that .

and its like a gun all right .    But how many seemingly safe unloaded guns have been the death or injury  .      How many times we hear , BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS UNLOADED.

APPLY that to yoga,   for many get a spirit on them ,   and thought oh but I thought it was safe .   WRONG .  its deadly , dangerous .    

4 hours ago, Michael37 said:

For about 40 years prior to her death my mother both practiced and taught yoga as the wife of an Anglican Vicar, and this with with no opposition from the denomination's policy makers, no surprise there. She believed herself to be a Christian and maintained they were just doing the exercises in what is known as Hatha Yoga as distinct from Bhakti, Kundalini, and various other types. I strongly protested against even just the doing of exercises as I knew in my heart there was a demonic alignment taking place, the word yoga itself meaning "yoke" or "union". 

It is necessary to enter into spiritual warfare when coming against the demonic stronghold of yoga. Spiritual armour is essential (Ephesians 6). All sorts of ungodly manifestations can occur when an open door is given to principalities and powers of darkness but they are no match for a Christian whose thoughts are free from condemnation, whose heart is full of virtue, whose person is secure in truth, whose position is stable in Gospel presentation, whose defense against inflammatory attacks is their faith, whose offensive weapon of choice is the Word of God, and whose practice is to pray in the Spirit for all that is needed.  

Before her passing my mother received ministry that led to her being baptised in the Holy Spirit. I am comforted in this, all praise to God in Christ. 

What a wonderful answer. I totally agree. So few seem to understand that seemingly innocent things are highly dangerous. Opening channels to evil. I can only pray for my brother as his mind is in turmoil and he is so aggravational. Funny. Yoga is his life, supposedly to bring great peace! He is filled with fear and anger. It is tragic.