• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

The first thing that always comes to my mind when someone talks about prophecy is 1 Cor. 14

The specifics given on the purpose of prophecy are in verses 3-4

But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.

22-25

Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers. So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all, and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming,
Edited by Iryssa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I believe that God is still guiding His people through these dreams and visions. It isn't more revelation or more scripture. It is a matter of keeping His people in line with His will. I REALLY don't think that people that have dreams and visions are more spiritual. Sometimes it is due to their stubbornness that God has to give visions and dreams.

I have had them. Some impressive and some not so impressive but the point is taken nonetheless. Some were in answer to my prayers requests. Some were to warn me of the direction I was going. I am just a bit stubborn, so I need these things to keep me in line.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

The first thing that always comes to my mind when someone talks about prophecy is 1 Cor. 14

The specifics given on the purpose of prophecy are in verses 3-4

But everyone who prophesies speaks to men for their strengthening, encouragement and comfort. He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church.

22-25

Tongues, then, are a sign, not for believers but for unbelievers; prophecy, however, is for believers, not for unbelievers. So if the whole church comes together and everyone speaks in tongues, and some who do not understand or some unbelievers come in, will they not say that you are out of your mind? But if an unbeliever or someone who does not understand comes in while everybody is prophesying, he will be convinced by all that he is a sinner and will be judged by all, and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare. So he will fall down and worship God, exclaiming,

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I believe that God is still guiding His people through these dreams and visions. It isn't more revelation or more scripture. It is a matter of keeping His people in line with His will. I REALLY don't think that people that have dreams and visions are more spiritual. Sometimes it is due to their stubbornness that God has to give visions and dreams.

I have had them. Some impressive and some not so impressive but the point is taken nonetheless. Some were in answer to my prayers requests. Some were to warn me of the direction I was going. I am just a bit stubborn, so I need these things to keep me in line.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey BigJer! Nice to hear from you again!! Yes, you are right that it is not more revelation or more scripture. But, perhaps visions and dreams are meant to help us understand some of the things in scripture that would normally not stand out to us. I have never really understood End Times stuff very well, and I tended to avoid the subject because it all seemed pretty confusing to me. I always figured that Jesus would come back whenever he decided and whatever he decided was fine with me. But, God obviously wanted me to have a better understanding of what is coming, so he spoke to me in visions and dreams about things that are in scripture, but that I would not have studied had it not been for the dreams and visions. Perhaps you are right. Perhaps it is because of our own stubborness. :)