• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1987

I feel really confused. my parents came home from a party extremely drunk last night.. not that i've never seen my parents drunk before but they definately were more sick then i had ever seen them before. i got really upset and stormed out of the house. then i went to a friends house and stayed the night there. since then my parents have been acting like nothing ever happened but i've lost alot of respect for them. i know i probably didn't handle everyhting like i should have but i don't know how to fix everything. should i just accept it as the past and forget about it even though i don't have any respect for my parents anymore?

-Joel :21:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Your not supposed to fix anything, your the kid...it's up to them. Let them handle it. All you can do is pray for them.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Obey,

You gotta pray. I wouldn't say anything to them, and do remember they are still your parents regardless of what they did and how you feel about it. Just play it cool. Ask God to help you.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  03/08/1987

I agree with both of there posts u got to pray and think of the best and let them handle it and eventually it will come back( the respect)

~Sadie~

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I agree...pray, pray, pray!

If you feel comfortable doing it, and you can maintain emotional control throughout (i.e. not start getting angry), I actually think it might be a good idea to speak to them (very respectfully) about it. Use wording like "It hurts me to see you guys getting drunk, because I love you very much and I know it's not good for you." Make it about your feelings about it, avoiding an attacking tone. If you do start getting angry, end the conversation as respectfully and as soon as possible. Go for a walk or something to cool off.

It's so tough dealing with parents in things like this...we all love our parents very much, even if they frustrate us or anger us.

A few things to keep in mind as you go through this time and as you speak to your parents...

Set a good example: "Don

Edited by Iryssa