• Days Won:  0

Hi Kimmers, nice to meet you. Well, to discover you're gift, you must ask the

Lord what your gift is. He will answer you. Then, you must ask the Lord for

help to use that gift.

We all have a gift.

1 Corinthians 7:8-11

"For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word

of knowledge by the same Spirit."

"To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit."

"To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:"

Every member of the body of Christ has one of these gifts.

God bless you Kimmers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Teh Wiccan
Only Christians can have spiritual gifts.

I would have to disagree with that... I have done things like healings and lesser miracles in my religon. I lso have what would be the gift of discernment.

Guest Calamity
Only Christians can have spiritual gifts.

I would have to disagree with that... I have done things like healings and lesser miracles in my religon. I lso have what would be the gift of discernment.

Hi Wiccan, welcome to the board. Only Christians have the Holy Spirit, and the spiritual gifts that He gives. There are other ways of doing things, and some of them are mentioned in the Bible, but it's not the Holy Spirit. There was a Simon, who did all sorts of things, and people thought he was of God, but he wasn't at that time. When he saw what the Apostles were doing through the Holy Spirit, he offered them money to be able to do the same thing. In Egypt, the Pharoah's magicians conjured up some things also.

Acts 8

[9] But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

[10] To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

[11] And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

[12] But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

[13] Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.

[14] Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John:

[15] Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost:

[16] (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)

[17] Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.

[18] And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,

[19] Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.

[20] But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

[21] Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

[22] Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.

--------------------------

2Chr.33

[6] ... also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger.

Exodus 7

[8] And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying,

[9] When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.

[10] And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent.

[11] Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments.

[12] For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

Exodus 8

[5] And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch forth thine hand with thy rod over the streams, over the rivers, and over the ponds, and cause frogs to come up upon the land of Egypt.

[6] And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.

[7] And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.

-----------------------

Isaiah 47:

[9] But these two things shall come to thee in a moment in one day, the loss of children, and widowhood: they shall come upon thee in their perfection for the multitude of thy sorceries, and for the great abundance of thine enchantments.

[10] For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.

[11] Therefore shall evil come upon thee; thou shalt not know from whence it riseth: and mischief shall fall upon thee; thou shalt not be able to put it off: and desolation shall come upon thee suddenly, which thou shalt not know.

[12] Stand now with thine enchantments, and with the multitude of thy sorceries, wherein thou hast laboured from thy youth; if so be thou shalt be able to profit, if so be thou mayest prevail.

[13] Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee.

[14] Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.

[15] Thus shall they be unto thee with whom thou hast laboured, even thy merchants, from thy youth: they shall wander every one to his quarter; none shall save thee.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Wiccan:

Who do you credit the healings and such to?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Wiccan:

Who do you credit the healings and such to?

Yeah, I'd like to know that too...? :rofl:

Guest Teh Wiccan

Things for me like healing are mainly willpower, the need to use it, and if I have a strong emotional connection to the person I am healing or not. For example...

(Im a guy for clarification)

My friend was very sick. Me and her were getting together tommorrow, but she was completely bed ridden, with her condition getting worse... I used the energy of the emotional connection, and the need to heal her, and so me and her meditated on that for maybe a half hour...

The next day, she was showing residual signs of being sick, but was back to her normal happy self.

The power comes from within.

Guest Teh Wiccan

Miracles also work the same way. Miracles cover pretty much everything...

I was getting a bunch of snowballs thrown at me... Perhaps a better term would be around, because they couldn't hit a white whale on a black background. I suddenly got a "sense" that I was about to be pasted from behind...

Time slowed down by at least half. I whipped around and drove my elbow through the snowball screaming towards my head. then everything went back to normal speed.

Once again, I needed to do something, so I had the need to do so... Then I did it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587

Boy, that stuff sounds like kindergarten compared to the power of the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Guest rbisrb

As long as the Bible is followed concerning the gift of tongues, I have no problem with them. The rest of the gifts are for the edification of others. I believe that we are close to the return of Jesus due to the return of discerning of spirits and casting out of demons.

Anyone notice the girl that called those people about being their daughter and said she has "multiple personality disorder"? That is demon possession! Also the basketball player that killed his roommate in Waco said he "hears voices". AMAZING and psychologists will dope him up. He needs to be released! There is a prince over this nation and he is getting more powerful. We need to pray for his being bound in Jesus name! Pray for revival.

Guest rbisrb

"Why don't "faith healers" hold their meetings in the C.N.I.B. hospitals,"

Could you tell me how many healings were in the New Testament after Christ rose? Not many, what you are asking is for Christians today to do what was not the norm then. Why?

I agree with you on one point, there are fakers (Binney the Hinn), but that does not mean that Father does not heal today. Do you pray that people will be healed? Why?