• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I just picked up the reported post. Looks like George already took care of it, though. I'll try to stay more on my toes next time.

Guest rbisrb

I don't get it, the Law is from the OLD Testament. We become Christians, then ABIDE by what is written to us in the New Testament. Use of SARCASM to get a point across was used by Jesus, "Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!"

Paul used it brilliantly. I stated my case that the Bible is God's Holy Word, and we shouldn't mess with it by saying things that seem a little LDS"burning in the boosomis" to overide what Scripture tells us about how the services of the Church should be handled. The same "spirit" that led those in the Episcopal Church USA to ordain a homosexual to be a bishop (even when the Bible expicitly states the requirements and he don't fit 'em) is the same one that has led us down the road to where we are at now. I speak the truth and I am told I should apologize? If the Bible tells a woman to be silent in the church, that they should not teach men, that the older women should teach the younger women, and I correctly stated this was not nullified because of CULTURE, that God knew what culture would be in the future, I will stand by the word of God that is intuitively stated. Perhaps through wrangling of the word you can nullify it, but you must understand, you trifel with the word and God will trifel with your mind. I am jumped on for correcting a false doctrine that has crept in the church and I am told to apologize, I truly don't get it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

sarcasm: A sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain.

No, the Lord Jesus never used sarcasm.

Guest Calamity

rbisrb, I believe we are supposed to be loving and kind to one another. Not hateful. The post you made (a copy of which I still have), is VERY crude and ridiculing. It did not sound like it was spoken in love at all, but in riducule. Those kind of things hurt the hearer. I understand that you don't agree with women preachers. Actually, neither do I. But the way you talked to her in your post was totally uncalled for, in my opinion.

Eph. 4:

[13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

[14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

[15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

[16] From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

[31] Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

[32] And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

I am jumped on for correcting a false doctrine that has crept in the church and I am told to apologize, I truly don't get it.

I think if you go back and review some things, you'd find that it was your caustic and uncalled for attitude in your post that was the problem than whether or not there was "corrective" information presented within.

Speak the truth in love...I believe that's what the scriptures say.

Peace to you.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

I reported your post because of its caustic nature. Your tone was both caustic and demeaning. We are at liberty on these boards to discuss our different beliefs but not to embarrass or attack an indivual. Your post was extremely rude. If you had spoke then as you are now I would not have said a word.

Guest rbisrb
I know many don't feel that God will use a woman to minister but I am in the position of a pastor in a women's prison, but I have also ministered in mixed congregations.

She is flaunting her disregard for scripture here. This is something that is done quite often today, and when someone opposes it, they are shouted down. What is wrong with the Church when it ALLOWS those who sow tares to sow those seeds of discontentment? Allowing this will engender more unsound doctrine to be allowed. Then we become Episcopals and preach "tollerance" of sin!

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,800
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Bro -- what's the problem? Honestly, we have very simple rules and as you can see within the boards we adhere to sensible rules, while at the same time we address doctrinical issues in love.

Your last post was a just another jab -- at the honest attempt "endeavoring to keep the bond of peace in love." If you have a problem with a position someone is taking -- then by all means address their position, but if you cannot address their position without making snide, rude and sarcastic remarks to belittle them, then I suggest you find another message board. But if you feel that you can walk in love -- true love -- the love of Christ -- then walk and talk in His love. Walk in His peace, and address those doctrines you question -- alone -- don't attack another person. It's simple rules -- live with them.

Your brother in Christ with much agape love,

George