• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

I am curious to know if you've discovered your spiritual gifts, and if so, how are you using them to glorify God.

This thread is not open to bashing someone's belief or promoting your own.  Please respect this.  I just would like to see how us Christians in here are functioning as the body of Christ.

One of my gifts is probably helping.  I usually use this gift in behind the scenes ways and also in volunteering with youth.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  316
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Are you talking about Spiritual Gifts or natural bents and talents?  I don't beieve any of the 9 Spiritual gifts listed in 1 Corinthains stay with believers to be used any time.  They are given for a specific time and specific situation.  (does that make sense?)  The other gifts --for example helps, giving, exortation ect...are part of our makeup or things that we can develop as we desire to be helpful in the body of Christ  The fivefold ministry gifts are gifts to the body specifically and are Pastor, teacher, apostle, prophet, and I forget the other one. :halo:

I have the gift of helping, exortation, and a few others I am working on.

I have been used in the gifts of "tongues, prophesy, knowledge and interpretation of tongues".

I pray that the Lord will use me in all of them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  532
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

The fivefold ministry gifts are gifts to the body specifically and are Pastor, teacher, apostle, prophet, and I forget the other one.

Ephesians 4:11-12  : and He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ,...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

It is interesting that pastors and teachers in that verse comprise one category.  Therefore, if you are a pastor you are a teacher and if a teacher a pastor also.  But I digress.

The gifts given to the body are all of the one Spirit and so function in the Body of Christ according to the Spirit and through the rich supply given to the Body, for the purpose of the building up the Body of Christ (1 Cor 12:4-13; Eph 4:16).

For me it doesn't mater so much what my gift or funtion is, so long as it causes the growth of the Body of Christ.  Even something as simple as hospitality causes the growth of the Body.

BHG, I was referring to spiritual gifts.  Talents are something that anybody can have.  Only Christians can have spiritual gifts.  Every Christian has at least one spiritual gift.  There are more than 9 spiritual gifts.  This thread isn't a discussion of beliefs on spiritual gifts.  This thread was started with the full intention of building up the body of believers and spreading the hope of Christ.  Quite frankly, it takes less than three lines to say one of my gifts is x, and I have used it in such and such a way for the glory of God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Martyr, intercessory prayer here. Besides that, I've no clue. I'm kinda like the guy in the back jumping up and down shouting "pick me! pick me! "

:halo:

Guest Blessed One

One of my gifts is discernment of spirits.  It's usually coupled with word of knowledge.  I see or feel spirits and it is usually accompanied by an identification given by the Spirit or with word of knowledge concerning the open door for the spirit.

Exhortation, as these are necessary gifts for the ministry to which I am called.

Also the gift of prophecy, usually through dreams and visions but also direct revelation given during intercessions.

All gifts are used to glorify God in walking in His calling.  Great question.

Blessings,

Tonia

Interesting replies everybody.  May the rest of the family be encouraged in our effort as a unified body of Christ.

• 1 month later...