Ovedya

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Steve, I have no idea what you are talking about with the false prophecy concerning an earthquake. To answer your question, I was in Okinawa with no electricity. You presume much about us and how the Lord works with each individual even though you claim to believe "God chooses how he will use His tools." I found your posts a bit condescending. There are a lot of false prophets out there, but that discussion should be in another thread. Am I correct in your assumption that when I say that I have the gift of tongues that it is just babble and does not edify the church? That is what I got from your post, maybe I misread it. I hope so because that would be a pretty big presumption on your part. I hope your flame suit is holding. :shocked:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK_Demitri2012

Gee, wish I could say I had some kind of spiritual gift. I think I might have some kind of sensitivity. That's it really. Can't speak in tongues, never prophecied, never had any visions or dreams, never healed anyone that I know of, never did anything like that. I must be useless, but I guess it's not that bad, I mean, I want REAL power, not just some insignificant, temporal gift for the building of the church. I guess this means I'm going to Hell. :D:wacko::D:D^_^

Guest Ashley99

Hello,Mine is prayer.I pray for people and if it the Lords will its received.I pray for everybody.Most of the time, it get answered.I thank the everyday for this gift.

In Jesus Ashley99

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  11/30/1979

Mine is listening and helping people with problems or just cheering them up. Righ now I am searching for my other gifts as well as let my gifts I have now grow and help others through the love of Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

I have the gift of helping, exortation, and a few others I am working on.

I have been used in the gifts of "tongues, prophesy, knowledge and interpretation of tongues".

I pray that the Lord will use me in all of them.

I have these gifts also. The One I want most is the gift of... LOVE. (I feel I have the ability to love others... but it is not perfected like the Lord desires.)

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Three quik queries:

1. Why don't "faith healers" hold their meetings in the C.N.I.B. hospitals, OR in I.C.U units, OR in AIDS wards, OR, forsooth, in the local cemeteries? Didn't Jesus & His apostles give sight to the congenitally blind and proceed to raise the dead? The answer is yes.

2. Where in all the Holy Scriptures of Truth do we read about speaking in UNKNOWN languages (in the Greek)? Weren't all languages spoken in the classic Acts 2 passage KNOWN, UNDERSTOOD, NATIONAL, EARTHLY dialects - and NEVER a "heavenly gibberish" (Acts 2: 6-11)?

3. Why are approx. ninety-five percent of charismatic conferences centered only on, or mainly on healing when it appears near the BOTTOM of the listed gifts - whereas the Bible also underscores administration, helps, pastoring/teaching, etc, etc. Why isn't the word "charismatic" associated to the same extent to all these other gifts? Excellent query.

Thanx for your time. Blessings in Jesus' Holy Name!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

1. Why don't "faith healers" hold their meetings in the C.N.I.B. hospitals, OR in I.C.U units, OR in AIDS wards, OR, forsooth, in the local cemeteries? Didn't Jesus & His apostles give sight to the congenitally blind and proceed to raise the dead? The answer is yes.

This is really two question, and you provided the answer to the second one. I don't recall that any of Jesus' apostles raised the dead before Christ was resurrected, though. Anyway, why would a faith healer go to a hospital to cure the sick? Doesn't make sense......He might be exposed for being a fraud you know.

2. Where in all the Holy Scriptures of Truth do we read about speaking in UNKNOWN languages (in the Greek)? Weren't all languages spoken in the classic Acts 2 passage KNOWN, UNDERSTOOD, NATIONAL, EARTHLY dialects - and NEVER a "heavenly gibberish" (Acts 2: 6-11)?

Paul claimed to have spoken in the tongues of angels. Unless humans had ever spoke or understood this language, I would say that it qualifies as being an unknown tongue.

3. Why are approx. ninety-five percent of charismatic conferences centered only on, or mainly on healing when it appears near the BOTTOM of the listed gifts - whereas the Bible also underscores administration, helps, pastoring/teaching, etc, etc. Why isn't the word "charismatic" associated to the same extent to all these other gifts? Excellent query.

I have argued that prophesying is the highest of the gifts, although I don't believe that Paul intended to list the gifts by order of importance. BTW: "pastor" is synonymous with teaching. They are the same function in the Body.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  12/07/1969

I've often wondered why the gifts of healing, tongues, prophecy are so much boasted of, yet the other gifts listed in the Bible seem to get the cold shoulder. There are several passages that deal with many different gifts, and there are even more passages that show people using God given abilities to further His kingdom. Having said that, I believe one of my primary gifts is helping. I'm more of a behind the scenes type person.

Guest kelly

Hi, I seem to have prayer and am working on teaching though I have an extreme amount to learn yet myself. The Lord has put on my heart a burden for education and I currently find myself immeresed in his word which I love.

Guest kimmers

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I'm not real sure yet what my gift is, but I do know that I have an unquenchable thirst for the God's Word. I just can't seem to get enough scripture, teaching and Bible study. I have found myself drawn to the area of apologetics, so I've been doing research on the topic. I also am a very compassionate person, which enables me to council people (mainly single mothers and teenagers). I would like to know more about discovering one's gifts, if anyone has information.

God Bless, K.