• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

6 hours ago, JTC said:

Paul James you totally misunderstood my post.

You are avoiding my question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

46 minutes ago, Paul James said:

You are avoiding my question.

Your question is non sequitur.

• Group:  Senior Member

2 minutes ago, JTC said:

Your question is non sequitur.

To you maybe, because it is not a question you want to answer.  But to many others who are not sure whether dream interpretation is of the Holy Spirit or of a New Age spirit, knowing whether it is taught in the New Testament would be vitally important to accept of reject it.

For me, I don't see any teaching in the New Testament about it, and the catalogue of dreams and interpretation can be found on many New Age websites, and are identical with the interpretations I have seen on the forum threads I have viewed.    So, I think it is an invasion of New Age spirits into the church, corrupting the faith of many.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

11 hours ago, Paul James said:

For me, I don't see any teaching in the New Testament about it, and the catalogue of dreams and interpretation can be found on many New Age websites

This is a different question. The post I made with the dream interpretation methods I mentioned are neither Biblical nor New Age, if anything they would be academic. You don't know me, so I forgive you for thinking I would endorse anything that's New Age. I hate the New Age because I lost a brother to it's teachings. It destroyed my family.

Dreams have always been an interest to people and always will be. I've heard the dreams of dozens of people over the yrs and very few were of a divine origin. I know everyone likes to believe God is speaking to them in their dreams but the fact is that's a rare occurrence. The majority of dreams are best understood as a wish or a fear being expressed by your own mind. Freud seemed to only see the wish fulfillment dreams but experience has taught me dreams are just as often expressing a fear. Especially in the case of a nightmare. Furthermore, most dreams usually have to do with an event that occurred in the last 3 days of the dreamer's life. You also can't understand dreams with a dream symbol interpretation book. At best, those books can give you what a common symbol often means but that doesn't mean it meant that in your dream. A dream symbol is always understandable only in relation to the person who dreamt it. This is why I'm not telling you what any symbol might mean. Another thing to look at in a dream is how the dreamer felt in the dream concerning a certain symbol or the dream as a whole.

Dreams are really difficult to interpret and almost impossible without knowing the dreamer quite well. I studied dream interpretation for years and you can't easily learn how to do it online.

As a Christian you shouldn't be going to New Age websites, they don't know one thing you need to know. Moreover, learning about the New Age can only mix you up and destroy your faith. Trust me on this, I spent 22 yrs refuting my brother's new age ideas until he finally died because he followed them.

Check out videos by Steven Bancarz to learn just how bad the new age is.

• Group:  Senior Member

12 hours ago, JTC said:

This is a different question. The post I made with the dream interpretation methods I mentioned are neither Biblical nor New Age, if anything they would be academic. You don't know me, so I forgive you for thinking I would endorse anything that's New Age. I hate the New Age because I lost a brother to it's teachings. It destroyed my family.

Dreams have always been an interest to people and always will be. I've heard the dreams of dozens of people over the yrs and very few were of a divine origin. I know everyone likes to believe God is speaking to them in their dreams but the fact is that's a rare occurrence. The majority of dreams are best understood as a wish or a fear being expressed by your own mind. Freud seemed to only see the wish fulfillment dreams but experience has taught me dreams are just as often expressing a fear. Especially in the case of a nightmare. Furthermore, most dreams usually have to do with an event that occurred in the last 3 days of the dreamer's life. You also can't understand dreams with a dream symbol interpretation book. At best, those books can give you what a common symbol often means but that doesn't mean it meant that in your dream. A dream symbol is always understandable only in relation to the person who dreamt it. This is why I'm not telling you what any symbol might mean. Another thing to look at in a dream is how the dreamer felt in the dream concerning a certain symbol or the dream as a whole.

Dreams are really difficult to interpret and almost impossible without knowing the dreamer quite well. I studied dream interpretation for years and you can't easily learn how to do it online.

As a Christian you shouldn't be going to New Age websites, they don't know one thing you need to know. Moreover, learning about the New Age can only mix you up and destroy your faith. Trust me on this, I spent 22 yrs refuting my brother's new age ideas until he finally died because he followed them.

Check out videos by Steven Bancarz to learn just how bad the new age is.

I didn't go to any to consult.  I wanted to see the comparison between dream interpretation on what I saw on the Christianforums site and the New Age, and I found they were exactly the same.  When I pointed that out on that forum, they banned me.  So I concluded that there were some on that staff who supported New Age ideas and didn't like anyone pointing that out to them.

I keep right away from dream interpretation like the plaque, because it is nothing but New Age, even though it might seem "academic".   Occult demons can be very cunning and deceptive and often use people's curiosity to draw them into deception.

Seeing that I believe that nine out of every ten impressions and dreams come from the world, flesh, or the devil, I am very fussy about these things, and I have some pretty vivid and crazy dreams, I never try to interpret them.   I believe a dream from the Lord doesn't need interpretation, because it is not an image puzzle, but a clear, unmistakable message consistent with written Scripture.  Anything else that needs third party interpretation is from the world, flesh, or the devil.