• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, DustyRoad said:

I agree with you that this man should not have went away for 20 years, which was effectively the rest of his life. A fraction of that would've been enough!

All we can do is the best we can in a situation.  It is important, vitally important I believe, to understand the Kingdom of God and the ramifications it has on every part of life.  But realize that we have a limited role to play.  But I believe God is VERY interested in my pursuit of understanding HIS principles and holding them above any other set of principles.

You are a wonderful brother and I am glad we discussed this.

I think it is too late.  having to retype lines.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  219
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I would hold them accountable regardless of how long ago it happened. Those who were affected by the crime deserve justice. Take God for instance. He has forgiven us for our sin but Jesus HAD TO pay for it. There is a price that must be paid.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

8 hours ago, dailyprayerwarrior said:

I would hold them accountable regardless of how long ago it happened. Those who were affected by the crime deserve justice. Take God for instance. He has forgiven us for our sin but Jesus HAD TO pay for it. There is a price that must be paid.

Hello DailyPrayerWarrior,

If it offensive for me to ask you a question, please just ignore this.

Are you saying that God's forgiveness has no force in this world?  That the many thousands of guilty Hutus should be killed because they killed 1 million Tutsis. 

I understand the point of view where it is an offense against our sense of justice to not punish someone for their crimes.  That is the core issue with Good and Evil.  Good must be rewarded and Evil must be punished.

I wonder what situation we would have if Moses had met with justice after mudering the eqyptian overseer.

I would sure would miss the Psalms if David had been properly punished after killing Uriah.

The New Testament would be largely empty if Paul had been punished for murder and other crimes that are recorded in the New Testament.

I don't bring these things up as if I am trying to incite discord.  These things are clear issues for the person progressing through their journey as a believer that the Bible is the Word of God.   Grappling with understanding of these issues is intended as God wants us to understand the immense meaning of Mercy, the product of His Love.

Mercy means little when Judgement is little.   In the real world,  Mercy stands as the giant killer, a powerful beautiful enormous force overshadowing the power of Sin, which is judgement and death.