• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

FEARS AND DESIRES REALIZED

Pr 10:24 What the wicked dreads will overtake him; what the righteous desire will be granted.

Want to go into the fortune telling business? Find out what the wicked are afraid of and then tell them that's their fate. I'm reminded of the fears of the religious leaders who had Christ murdered. They said, "If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation." John 11:48, and yet despite trying to avoid it, what they feared came upon them. Or consider those who would even follow Christ - except in regards to certain areas. Like the rich young ruler who feared being poor. God asked him the one thing he feared. In coming to faith in Christ and in walking in that faith requires overcoming our fears.

Therefore do not let worldly fears rule your behavior, for despite your best effort to avoid them, God may allow your fears to be realized.

On the upside, the desires of the righteous generally come to pass. In fact many things that the wicked fear happen to the righteous. But righteous are generally not afraid of those things. Indeed many of the New Testament commands concerning the Christian life are to NOT FEAR. It says, "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." 1Peter 3:14 And Jesus said, "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more." Luke 12:4

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

22 hours ago, bcbsr said:

FEARS AND DESIRES REALIZED

Pr 10:24 What the wicked dreads will overtake him; what the righteous desire will be granted.

Want to go into the fortune telling business? Find out what the wicked are afraid of and then tell them that's their fate. I'm reminded of the fears of the religious leaders who had Christ murdered. They said, "If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation." John 11:48, and yet despite trying to avoid it, what they feared came upon them. Or consider those who would even follow Christ - except in regards to certain areas. Like the rich young ruler who feared being poor. God asked him the one thing he feared. In coming to faith in Christ and in walking in that faith requires overcoming our fears.

Therefore do not let worldly fears rule your behavior, for despite your best effort to avoid them, God may allow your fears to be realized.

On the upside, the desires of the righteous generally come to pass. In fact many things that the wicked fear happen to the righteous. But righteous are generally not afraid of those things. Indeed many of the New Testament commands concerning the Christian life are to NOT FEAR. It says, "Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened." 1Peter 3:14 And Jesus said, "I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more." Luke 12:4

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

Everybody fears, we fear man and death, then we fear God and damnation, and the devil has no fear, bu the Lord came in the Spirit of the fear of the Lord, and the desire of the righteous is only the Lord, that is why Christ had no life here and said follow me, and the rest of the word then is understood as..

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

2 hours ago, vincents_desk said:

Everybody fears, we fear man and death, then we fear God and damnation, and the devil has no fear, bu the Lord came in the Spirit of the fear of the Lord, and the desire of the righteous is only the Lord, that is why Christ had no life here and said follow me, and the rest of the word then is understood as..

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

That's for those who have yet to believe the gospel of grace. For Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

2 minutes ago, bcbsr said:

That's for those who have yet to believe the gospel of grace. For Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

Hearing His word is hearing to fear the Lord, not hearing His word, is not hearing to fear the Lord

Luke 1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

Luke 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

Acts 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

Acts 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Acts 5:11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

1 Corinthians 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

2 Corinthians 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

1 Peter 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

1 Peter 3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

Jude 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

3 hours ago, vincents_desk said:

Hearing His word is hearing to fear the Lord, not hearing His word, is not hearing to fear the Lord

Luke 1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.

Luke 23:40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

Acts 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.

Acts 5:5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Acts 5:11 And great fear came upon all the church, and upon as many as heard these things.

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Romans 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

1 Corinthians 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

2 Corinthians 7:11 For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.

Ephesians 5:21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1 Timothy 5:20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.

Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

1 Peter 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

1 Peter 3:2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

Jude 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Revelation 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Revelation 15:4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

You misconstrue what the fear of God means to real Christians. Real Christian are in Christ and as such "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus", salvation by works Christian are not in Christ. They spurn the gospel of grace, living under the condemnation of the law. "All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."" Gal 3:10. So, yes, they should fear condemnation seeing as their putting their hope not in Christ but in their own performance to save them. 

Believers, by definition, believe God's promise, such as "whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." And as such have no fear of death. "Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage." Heb 2:14,15

Salvation by works Christians don't believe God's promise and as such are devoid of the hope which is characteristic of the saved.

Rom 5:9  "Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him!"

In contrast salvation by works Christians attempt to be justified by their works, trying to earn salvation they have not yet embrace. They make up their own way to be saved, not fearing God, but rather fearing their condemnation. 

• Thumbs Up 1