• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,230
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

I can tell you from my own personal experience, that when Jesus comes into your life, and gives you the gift of the Holy Spirit dwelling within you, demons CANNOT stay dwelling inside of you! There is only room for one type of spirit in a person; and that's either God's spirit or the devil's. 

Just because someone has God's Holy Spirit in them, it doesn't mean the enemy can't attack and try to influence them. Like someone else in this thread said, it's like the evil spirits are sat on your shoulder whispering in your ears, prodding you to do what they want. The good news is that now they are only perched on a unstable base, and prayer and God's Word can get rid of them much easier, and make them topple off your shoulders. 

But make no mistake, if you don't keep your eyes open to the enemies tricks, and you don't keep up living in God's Word and keeping close to Him, the enemy will push you away from God and try to get back in. If you don't fight the evil, it will take over! 

Become strong with the Word of God and keep living for and with Jesus, and the devil will soon learn that he can't get you back in his evil grip again. 

I base all of this knowledge from my own experience and I had a long time to figure it all out and think about it! 

Click here to read my testimony and see for yourself how God can triumph in what can sometimes seem a lost situation! 

God can turn ALL things around for His good will! 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Greeting Luke,

When Jesus cast out the money changers from the TEMPLE OF GOD, how did they get in there if evil cannot exist in the temple?

In Eze. 8 the prophet is taken to the temple in Jerusalem and shown abominations in the temple, How did these abominations get in the temple of God.

You mention that we need to cast OFF demons but I do not find anywhere in the Word where we are to cast off demons. I do find where we are to CAST THEM OUT. Jesus cast demons OUT OF PEOPLE, and told the apostles to cast them out also.

Have you ever cast any demons out of people? You say you have a lot of experience in this matter but it appears your experience is different from my experience and I too have a good deal of experience in this matter.

You imply that if we are not vigilant them the enemy CAN get back in.

the enemy will push you away from God and try to get back in. If you don't fight the evil, it will take over!
Does this mean that the Holy Spirit leaves and the person has lost their salvation? This is what you are implying by your statements above.

Paul said he had a "thorn" in his flesh, a messenger(angel) of Satan which attacked him in his flesh.

Jesus never does anything for unbelievers. He only ministers to believers then and now. Unbelievers are fighting Him with all their strength. If Jesus cast demons OUT of unbelievers why didn't He just cast them out of Judas or the Pharisees?

Just some questions to think about.

LT

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

Greeting Luke, 

When Jesus cast out the money changers from the TEMPLE OF GOD, how did they get in there if evil cannot exist in the temple? 

In Eze. 8 the prophet is taken to the temple in Jerusalem and shown abominations in the temple, How did these abominations get in the temple of God. 

You're talking about the temple of God as a building, I'm talking of it as our bodies.

You mention that we need to cast OFF demons but I do not find anywhere in the Word where we are to cast off demons.  I do find where we are to CAST THEM OUT.  Jesus cast demons OUT OF PEOPLE, and told the apostles to cast them out also.

I never actually said "cast off" anywhere. I was talking about when the enemy attacks and tries to influence you away from God, that you should pray and seek God's word to stay strong and know we have authoroty over the demons in Jesus name!

Have you ever cast any demons out of people?  You say you have a lot of experience in this matter but it appears your experience is different from my experience and I too have a good deal of experience in this matter.

No I have never cast them out of people myself, my experience is being on the opposite end of it and actually being one of the people that has been possessed. Read my testimony (link in my sig).

You imply that if we are not vigilant them the enemy CAN get back in.
the enemy will push you away from God and try to get back in. If you don't fight the evil, it will take over!
Does this mean that the Holy Spirit leaves and the person has lost their salvation? This is what you are implying by your statements above.

I'm not so sure you can 'lose' your salvation, as such, but you can turn your back on God and 'backslide' and go in the ways of the world. Going away from God and living as we want instead of the way God wants can open us to influence of the enemy. I believe anyone who turns away from God is not lost again, but much like the prodigal son they are 'allowed', maybe, to see what life without God is like so they can learn that what anything/one else offers can never match up to God's love and mercy.

Paul said he had a "thorn" in his flesh, a messenger(angel) of Satan which attacked him in his flesh.

Yes? What are you saying by this?

Jesus never does anything for unbelievers.  He only ministers to believers then and now.  Unbelievers are fighting Him with all their strength.  If Jesus cast demons OUT of unbelievers why didn't He just cast them out of Judas or the Pharisees?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because if Jesus had done that, He would have been throwing God's plan off wouldn't He? Judas and the Pharisees were vital parts in God's plan for salvation, without them, Jesus would never have been arrested and killed on a cross thus completing God's secret plan. Remember Jesus' words when He prayed? "Let not my will, but yours be done." (Matt 26)

Hi Luke,

I too have had demons cast out of me and have had experience over the last 10 yrs in casting them out of others also.

Mt 10:8  Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

The OT temple is a TYPE of the NT BODY/TEMPLE. The NT temple works the same way the OT temple worked. The Holy of Holies is the seat of God in our lives - our spirit, the Holy place is our soul, the outer court is the physical body in representative form. The demons cannot penetrate the Holy of Holies once sealed by the Holy Spirit. They can penetrate our soul and flesh.

Ro 7:18  For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,)dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

The good news is that now they are only perched on a unstable base, and prayer and God's Word can get rid of them much easier, and make them topple off your shoulders.
So what did you mean by this statement? Where in the Word does it say that the demons sit on your shoulders whispering in your ears?

No I have never cast them out of people myself, my experience is being on the opposite end of it and actually being one of the people that has been possessed.
Since you have freely received now you need to freely give.

I can tell you from my own personal experience, that when Jesus comes into your life, and gives you the gift of the Holy Spirit dwelling within you, demons CANNOT stay dwelling inside of you! There is only room for one type of spirit in a person; and that's either God's spirit or the devil's.
You imply by this statement that if the demons get back in then there will be no room for the Holy Spirit and vice versa.

I am saying that because Paul was given such revelation by God that God kept him humble by allowing a messenger of Satan to remain in his flesh so that he would remain humble.

I am glad to hear that god delivered you and that you are still walking with Him. May I recommend some outside reading. Demon Possession & the Christian by C. Fred Dickason.

LT

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

The word "buffet" in Greek means to be struck in the eye. The messenger provided Paul with an eye disease and God wouldn't remove it. Are you trying to say that Paul was demon posessed and God wouldn't take the demon away?

Suggesting that Christians can be posessed by demons is simply heretical. How can the Holy Spirit share His abode with His enemies?

The word "buffet" in Greek means to be struck in the eye. The messenger provided Paul with an eye disease and God wouldn't remove it. Are you trying to say that Paul was demon posessed and God wouldn't take the demon away?

Suggesting that Christians can be posessed by demons is simply heretical. How can the Holy Spirit share His abode with His enemies?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is not I but scripture that says that Paul's problem in the eye was the result of demon oppression or don't you understand the meaning of

1139 ~daimonizomai~ daimonizomai \@dahee-mon-id'-zom-ahee\@

middle voice from 1142; TDNT-2:19,137; v

AV-possessed with devils 4, possessed with the devil 3,

of the devils 2, vexed with a devil 1, possessed with a devil 1,

have a devil 1; 13

1) to be under the power of a demon.

LT

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

If you want to say demon opression then you and I agree. To say demons can oppress Christians s is very biblical and very true. However, a demon cannot posess a Christian.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I believe that certain brands of Islam can lead to possesion and I don't mean this as a joke. It would make sence that many things taught in eastern religion could open the door as well.

Dan

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  628
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  01/09/1985

(Quotes don't seem to be working! I'll do them in green.)

The OT temple is a TYPE of the NT BODY/TEMPLE. The NT temple works the same way the OT temple worked. The Holy of Holies is the seat of God in our lives - our spirit, the Holy place is our soul, the outer court is the physical body in representative form. The demons cannot penetrate the Holy of Holies once sealed by the Holy Spirit. They can penetrate our soul and flesh.

Ro 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,)dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.

Yes I suppose so, but in both ways, if you allow evil to come into those places it will.

The good news is that now they are only perched on a unstable base, and prayer and God's Word can get rid of them much easier, and make them topple off your shoulders.
So what did you mean by this statement? Where in the Word does it say that the demons sit on your shoulders whispering in your ears?

I was speaking in a metaphor - just using pictures to explain how it can feel when the enemy attacks and tries to get you under its influence. To me it can feel like they (demons) are sat on you, pushing to get in to get you.

No I have never cast them out of people myself, my experience is being on the opposite end of it and actually being one of the people that has been possessed.
Since you have freely received now you need to freely give.

I plan to and will do!

You imply by this statement that if the demons get back in then there will be no room for the Holy Spirit and vice versa.

Well there won't be, if you allow the devil into your life who are you going to push away? God. And if you allow Jesus into your life, who are you going to push away? Satan.

I am saying that because Paul was given such revelation by God that God kept him humble by allowing a messenger of Satan to remain in his flesh so that he would remain humble.

Oh right, I get it. Well I suppose so, since I've had demons come back and attack every once in a while, if that's the same thing?

I am glad to hear that god delivered you and that you are still walking with Him. May I recommend some outside reading. Demon Possession & the Christian by C. Fred Dickason.

LT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll look for that book, thanks.

I believe that certain brands of Islam can lead to possesion and I don't mean this as a joke. It would make sence that many things taught in eastern religion could open the door as well.

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ALL FALSE RELIGIONS lead to demonization.

I can tell you from my own personal experience, that when Jesus comes into your life, and gives you the gift of the Holy Spirit dwelling within you, demons CANNOT stay dwelling inside of you! There is only room for one type of spirit in a person; and that's either God's spirit or the devil's.You imply by this statement that if the demons get back in then there will be no room for the Holy Spirit and vice versa.

Well there won't be, if you allow the devil into your life who are you going to push away? God. And if you allow Jesus into your life, who are you going to push away? Satan.

If the Holy Spirit leaves does that mean someone loses their salvation. Think about it. No more Holy Spirit = no more spiritual life.

I don't believe that the Holy Spirit leaves as we are sealed until the day of redemption and I know of no demon that can break that seal. Our spirit is the Holy of Holies in our temple. This is where the Holy Spirit abides. As we yield more of our soul(mind will emotions) to the Spirit the demons will be pushed out of these areas of our lives and also our of our flesh.

The Word says that pride and stubbornness is associated with a stiff neck.

Ps 75:5  Lift not up your horn on high: speak [not with] a stiff neck.
I injured my neck through pride and stubbornness when the Lord told me to give up the sports I was involves with. I suffered neck problems for 13yrs until I confessed the pride and stubbornness in my life and was delivered from spirits of leviathan and others. I have not had problems with my neck since.

LT