• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,223
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

My wife and I watch the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon - probably too much.   Fallon is too adolescent and his guests are usually too self-absorbed to be interesting to anyone but fanatic fans.  Lately Fallon's been hosting Democratic candidates who use the Tonight Show as a platform for their national election pitches.   They all say the same thing - as American politicians have done for decades.

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when a baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

Every candidate dusts off tired worn promises.  They apply a new coat of paint to promises of more jobs and better government benefits and then feed them to us as though it was original thinking.  They always promise the moon and stars, but once elected their promises never get off the ground.

The real issue isn't jobs.  In an economy that boasts 3.5% unemployment that's not the issue.  

The real issue is inflation.  Every year the dollar buys less.

The issue of inflation is untouchable!  The word isn't even mentioned any more - by anybody.   Yet if the dollar was deflated everyone would be able to stretch their meager budgets further.  

Massive government debt must be paid or at least held at arm's length.  The classic method of solving unbalanced government spending is to pay the debt with cheaper and cheaper dollars.  It works well for governments but not well for the average man and woman who struggle to make ends meet.   Our government is operating like a criminal organization - stealing our wages before they're even earned.  No politican will even address the issue any more.  Inflation is a four letter word.

The real issue is government benefits.  In an economy ruled by mega corporations and our global financial cartel, free and/or affordable health care is blocked by the insurance lobby.

I'm a veteran who suffered a permanent injury during military service.  I have yet to receive any benefits from the VA to pay for any health care I receive.  I've even gone before a Federal judge to plea my case, but as yet have received nothing for my efforts.  

Civilians injured on the job are usually entitled to some sort of workman's compensation, but not veterans.  

If veterans must struggle to receive compensation for injuries suffered, how can any citizen expect consideration from a government that bows to financial giants first?  Universal health care is an illusion promised every election cycle by politicians who know very well their promises cannot and will not be kept.

The real issue is constant war.  

Our military-industrial complex is making unimaginable amounts of profits on the fake global war against terrorism.  Its a war we instigated and its a war we pour huge amounts of money into.  The profits derived by defense contractors is immense yet no candidate will address the obscene size of the American military machine.  

Our Navy, for example, is larger than the next seventeen nations most of whom are our allies.   We currently have something on the order of thirteen commissioned super aircraft carriers.  No other nation has more than two.  

Decommissioning three of these behemoths would finance health care for every American and every illegal - and then some.  It would pay for free education at every level for anyone with the capacity to study.   It would pay for programs and decent housing for the disenfranchised.   Instead we have aircraft carriers - an unnecessary obsolete military dinosaur to support wars we create.

No politician will address the real issue.  

We are constantly fed a diet of lies and bovine excrement.  Because we are a nation of gullible fools we'll eat it lock stock and barrel.

Nothing will change because the Democrats and Republicans are two heads of the same corporatist snake.

Those are the real issues behind a political system that is so corrupt it can't even use common words to define the REAL ISSUE.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft.....

Edited by choir loft