BrianRJames

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey thought i'd post a quick topic since i'm in a hurry. I see a certain argument that non religious people use when arguing about the beginning of the universe. Some agree that there is a unmoved mover that is transcendent and exists outside of space and time. However, the common response i'm given is that "Well why does this unmoved mover have to be a conscious being. Can't it just be some sort of fundamental type of matter".

This one honestly has me stumped. What evidence or arguments could i provide to lean towards the idea that god is the unmoved mover?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

The only reason they want the unmoved mover to be impersonal is because they would be obligated to answer to Him.

Witnessing is more about the heart then the mind. I wouldn't try to argue information. Just do what Jesus did and show them the law. Can't be saved if you think you've done nothing wrong.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, BrianRJames said:

Hey thought i'd post a quick topic since i'm in a hurry. I see a certain argument that non religious people use when arguing about the beginning of the universe. Some agree that there is a unmoved mover that is transcendent and exists outside of space and time. However, the common response i'm given is that "Well why does this unmoved mover have to be a conscious being. Can't it just be some sort of fundamental type of matter".

This one honestly has me stumped. What evidence or arguments could i provide to lean towards the idea that god is the unmoved mover?

This is one of three arguments used by Thomas Aquinas to prove the existence of God from a philosophical perspective.  It will not sway a philosophy major.  It's a matter of faith our belief in God through what He has created.  Fifty years ago when I studied philosophy, I was unable to successfully use these arguments.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 3/15/2020 at 1:30 PM, BrianRJames said:

What else do you need? Shalom.

(Amplified Bible) 

John 1:1 In the beginning [before all time] was the Word ([a]Christ), and the Word was with God, and the Word was God Himself.

2 He was [continually existing] in the beginning [co-eternally] with God.

3 All things were made and came into existence through Him; and without Him not even one thing was made that has come into being.

Edited by branchesofHim
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

On 3/15/2020 at 4:30 PM, BrianRJames said:

Tell them God puts faith in good people’s hearts when they continuously do good by their fellow man and do their best to avoid sin. It can only be perceived by good people, but not by bad people. God withholds faith from sinners who don’t make an effort to repent and are continuously attached to the evil trappings of Satan.

May God keep us all good and bless us all with faith. 

Edited by Andy Maleh