• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,774
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

This week, Salt Lake City experienced a strong magnitude-5.7 earthquake which caused the closing of its airport.  It was the strongest to hit the city since 1992.

This reminded me of when we first moved to Israel, in 2003.

I was in my Hebrew class downtown, and my wife and one-month-old baby were alone in our Jerusalem apartment. My wife called me immediately and this is what she told me, I'll never forget it.

She was sitting in our bedroom with our 1-month old in her arms, when out of nowhere came a sudden loud roaring sound, followed by a shaking of all four walls, and all the contents within banging back and forth against them rapidly and with great force. So many things were going through her mind that moment as she tried to remember what you're supposed to do in a scenario like this. Are you supposed to get under the bed? Or maybe get outside? Yeah, outside! But it would be three flights of steps to get outside and with a newborn baby in her arms -- how?! She just froze in fright, thinking about what could happen next. But in the midst of it all, Riv looked down at Elianna in her arms. Would you believe, she was perfectly content -- happy, smiling, even drifting off to sleep as the whole earth shook all around her. Wow.

Each of us can take a lesson from Elianna. Even in the midst of all the chaos, distress or crises beyond our control, we must rest, trusting that we're safe in the loving arms of the Father. We shouldn't have a care in the world.

Is your world being shaken right now? Know that God is holding you today. No matter what you're facing, you can trust Him to cover you. Just lay back and enjoy the ride!

The post Don't be Shaken! appeared first on Worthy Christian Devotions - Daily Devotional.

Read the entire devotional.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1