• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Roseanne, You and your husband and your entire situation are firmly rooted in my prayers. He will guide you.

much love in Christ,

Candy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes Rosanne. I hope everything works out for the best for you through God's power of love, one way or the other.

Love and prayers to you and yours,

in Jesus'name.

Levi

Roseann-

I dont pretend to know what you have been through, but I am guessing that for you to need to separate from your life partner, it must have been no small matter.  Now your husband wants to "get back together".  

If he so desires to do this, then he would be willing to seek counseling (and I mean professional, christian counsel) and make steps to change whatever it was that was dividing you prior to separation. Until I saw a sincere commitment and change I would not entertain the thought of reentering the same situation.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Hey, I said that only it took me alot longer to say the same simple thing. Thanks suzie. :P

i tend to ramble...

For  Him Alone-

No, you certainly dont ramble and I saw that you said essentially the same thing as I did. I was trying to reinforce what  you said from an "outside" perspective.  You sound like you have been a steadfast prayer warrior for Roseann and her family and she is fortunate to have you with her in prayer and concern. Blessings, suz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

God forbids divorce and even says that He hates it. That certainly says enough about that.

If you are physically in danger, please remove yourself to stay safe.

As far as "deserving" anything, that is a lie fed to us from the world. None of us "deserve" anything but eternal separation from God.

Some people are blessed with life partners they love and who love them. Talk about a blessing!

Some people are "stuck" with people they no longer love, due to the choices they have made for whatever reason. No rationalization (ie - "I wasn't saved when I married him", "he cheated on me", "he doesn't love/respect me") will justify going against God's word that divorce is not an option for a Christian.

Divorce/separation - these are words that reek of the word "me". "Me" (or "self") is the number one enemy of the Christian and the basis of all sin.

God bless and may He work a miracle on your marriage.

How sad that you feel that we are "stuck" with someone and that there are no options, just to hang in and "stick it out"....

I do not believe that is the context of the Scriptures and believe that separation, counseling, and at times divorce are options that are prayful considerations of Christians.

Guest C.D. Light
Roseann-

I dont pretend to know what you have been through, but I am guessing that for you to need to separate from your life partner, it must have been no small matter.

Guest C.D. Light
God forbids divorce and even says that He hates it. That certainly says enough about that.

If you are physically in danger, please remove yourself to stay safe.

As far as "deserving" anything, that is a lie fed to us from the world. None of us "deserve" anything but eternal separation from God.

Some people are blessed with life partners they love and who love them. Talk about a blessing!

Some people are "stuck" with people they no longer love, due to the choices they have made for whatever reason. No rationalization (ie - "I wasn't saved when I married him", "he cheated on me", "he doesn't love/respect me") will justify going against God's word that divorce is not an option for a Christian.

Divorce/separation - these are words that reek of the word "me". "Me" (or "self") is the number one enemy of the Christian and the basis of all sin.

God bless and may He work a miracle on your marriage.

God hates divorce. But he does not forbid it, IMO.

Lets not try to put Rosanne under some kind of guilt trip, in essence telling her she MUST put up with this ABUSE--and it IS mental abuse.

Her husband has violated his marriage contract to her to love, honor, and cherish.....that kinda nullifies the marriage right there. I dont believe when one breaks a contract that it is still fully in force.

Also, was it God who put this marriage together in the first place, I wonder.  I dunno.  But as I read it, "what GOD has joined together, let no man put asunder".  Maybe God wasnt the one who put it together.

:P

cd

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  553
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Has anyone here read "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian?