Work Woes

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  572
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Ooops! I shoulda read more carefully, and now I remember you saying that on another thread. Just ignore me, LOL!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hey ForHimAlone,

Have you ever checked into small business loans?  they are govt loans and if you are close to a University setting, often the universities have a "small business administration" department-may be worth checking out.  God obviously has other plans for you~as others have said, listen to your heart/it's God sending you messages!  

Another idea may be to go to local, private businesses (not just salon-types) and ask how THEY got started with their business...they obviously are in the same area that you will be setting up shop (if that's what you want to do), and can give you some good advice!

Also, I've found that physically going from business to business is a good way to apply for jobs-a lot of people don't want to go through the hassle of hiring/running ads/looking, etc, no matter how much they need a new employee!

good luck with your employment!-it can be frustrating at times, but usually works out for the best.  hang in there!   :P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

Thank you, Kiwi, and Timothy, it's ok--you gavve me a giggle. :P

I'm continuing my search, and praying on this daily. I have 2 days off coming up soon; I plan to go to my bank and check loans out. I have great credit and we have several accounts with this one bank--they should LOVE me! Perhaps they'll love me enough to help me get started.

Another option brought to my attention (in a dream!) was buying this business and running it the way God wants!  :P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Good luck!  I'm sure God will lead you to where you need to go-happy journeying :P

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

That's great to hear! I will pray for you...My husband and I too are looking into loans right now to buy a Christian bookstore. We are trying to step carefully because we want to be certain it is His will. God's blessings to you!!!! I pray that the Lord will bless the work of your hands...  :inlove:  :P