Interfaith marriage...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

IF ... your fiancee is truly born again, her life is in danger for accepting Jesus as her Savior, and you are confident you can travel to safety together if you marry her ... then God MAY approve of using deceit. Please pray together, put it in God's hands, asking Him to show you the way forward ... whether "the way forward" is boldly proclaiming Christianity, waiting for a change in circumstances, or deceit. God may well have chosen the two of you to be a powerful witness for Christ in a way you could not have imagined.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/9/2020 at 2:10 PM, someQuestion said:

So I'm facing a plight... here's the situation.

I'm a christian and always will be a christian.

My girlfriend (muslim) is from Indonesia and per their law, couple must declare same religion when they marry.

Would it be a sin if I indicate my religion as muslim for marriage purpose only? I will never practice muslim nor will my girlfriend.

The reason why it has to be muslim, is because of her family.

Once we get married, she will practice christianity. She's only a muslim because of her family.

And no muslim marriage ceremony will be conducted.

It's just that, under Indonesian marriage document, my religion will be stated as muslim.

Would this be a sin..?

It would be a sin, God got angry at the Israelites a few times because they kept marrying and having relationships with enemy races that worshipped idols. That applies to the same today, you should never marry someone that has another faith and practices it. It can ruin your spiritual life. There are chances you can win her to Jesus, but the chance of her winning you to islam is much, much greater. Not because islam is true but because what she is required to do. She would never deny her faith, be abused by her community and lose earthly blessings given to her through the Muslim community for you and Christ. That is to say to least, and i know because i have dated a Muslim girl and been around them.