ItsJustDeep

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

some have objected to the teaching Jesus ascended to heaven (Ephesians 4:8-10) that same day (Luke 23:43) 

by what he said in:

John 20:17 (AV)
17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

Bear in mind... Jesus is speaking post resurrection here. He is fully reunited with his body that is now perfected  for all eternity to come. And he is about to present himself before the Father in accord with the waiving of the firsfruits (firstborn of the dead) in keeping with Leviticus 23:10-11.

Leviticus 23:10–11 (AV)
10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest:
11 And he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

We call that Sunday (the first day of the week).

But while Jesus' body was in the tomb 3 days and 3 nights his Spirit was not detained. He went to Paradise (Luke 23:43) before the sun set the day of his crucifixion.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Note: while God gave us the Law to give us some idea about what righteousness entails... which no but Jesus could ever achieve... 

it is interesting to realize God was giving himself the details of the Law to keep (like Leviticus 23:10-11).